It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Loyalty Pledges and Abey Martin lawsuit update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Texas is one of 26 states (with similar legislation pending in 13 others) which requires state contractors to certify that they “do not currently boycott Israel” and “will not boycott Israel” for the duration of the contract.

The definition of “boycott” includes “refusing to deal with” or “terminating business activities with” Israel or any “person or entity doing business in Israel or in an Israeli-controlled territory.”
original.antiwar.com...

Abbey Martin gives an update to her lawsuit issued back in Febuary over the israel loyalty oath:

Abby Martin: “In February of this year, I was supposed to give a keynote speech at Georgia Southern University. Before the event, I refused to sign a state-mandated pledge to not boycott Israel in order to speak. My invitation was rescinded and the conference canceled as a result. I decided to sue the state of Georgia because signing an anti-BDS clause in order to work in the state is a direct violation of my rights to Constitutional free speech and to participate in political boycotts.

popularresistance.org...
Journalist Abbey Martin sues state of georgia over Israel oath pledge.

I'm glad she is suing as this will bring further attention to laws that violate u.s. citizen's constitutional rights. How is it that Israel has so much influence over the united states? Is it just that they have the best lobbyists in the world?

Israel should not be creating and heavily influencing laws in the U.S.

Netanyahu :

It was also not for nothing that the American administration has taken this step together with us. In recent years, we have promoted laws in most US states, which determine that strong action is to be taken against whoever tries to boycott Israel.

Netanyahu boasts that he destroyed free speech in America - Truthdig.com

Here we have the leader of another country openly saying how Israel promotes laws that subvert first amendment rights.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
You have no rights only privileges your Constitution is a document in the National Archives 2020 should have prooved that to you that the privileges can be taken away at the drop of a hat.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Texas is one of 26 states (with similar legislation pending in 13 others) which requires state contractors to certify that they “do not currently boycott Israel” and “will not boycott Israel” for the duration of the contract.

The definition of “boycott” includes “refusing to deal with” or “terminating business activities with” Israel or any “person or entity doing business in Israel or in an Israeli-controlled territory.”
original.antiwar.com...

From your article...

The Texas law theoretically excludes actions “made for ordinary business purposes,” but it’s easy to see how the loyalty oath could be abused:

Two companies or contractors, one from Israel and one not, bid on a job. When the Israeli company doesn’t get the job, it complains that prejudice against Israel, rather than “ordinary business purposes,” motivated the decision.

In spite of their lie about it being a "loyalty oath", which in left-speak is an evil capitalist contract, they make at least one valid point. Sounds like they're making the case that affirmative action and contractor diversity policies should be eliminated. They seem to imply that this kind of rule makes it easier to claim discrimination. No matter how they get to that conclusion I agree with them. By legislating or creating policy that ensures preferential treatment for certain groups they are effectively disenfranchising other groups.

I'll give everybody three guesses who is funding this case.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Wut

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Good ole George Soros. First he worked for the Nazi's now he wants to end Israel.

If the GOP had a pair they would have had RICO on Soros years ago.
edit on 15-11-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

That is the Texas law. Abbey Martin's case refers to Georgia. I don't know what the Georgia law is, but Abbey claims that she had to sign the pledge in order to give a speech.

Sorry for the confusion, i was just trying to give a brief explanation before presenting Abbey's case. If you need to sign a israel loyalty pledge to give a speech then that is pretty bad.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Good ole George Soros. First he worked for the Nazi's now he wants to end Israel.

What does a case about freedom of speech have to do with ending Israel ? Abbey has a long history of independent journalism that has often done stories pointing out the unjust treatment of Palestinians.

Abbey Martin is anything but a controlled puppet. It's a shame that we cannot speak out against Israel without being called anti-semitic or risk losing contracts or jobs.
edit on 15-11-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Since Soros is deeply involved in Election 2020 votescam and the software used to manipulate this election - and since the Trunp team has absolute proof of it - I expect the RICO actions to defang him and his tools very soon.

That, or Biden takes the oath. Then the question is, can the Rs hold the Senate. If they can, and if the R controlled State Legislatures clean up their act wrt voting laws - ie, outlaw any/all electronic voting systems unless/until ones that are fully 100% made and programmed in the USA and have open, auditable source code (I'd be ok with someone having to undergo a criminal background check and even maybe have to go through a low-level security clearance to gain access to the code, as well as make it a class A felony to disclose it to anyone who is not authorized).

If the Rs lose the Senate, it could be game over, unless the States can get their acts together...

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Do you guys have any evidence that george soros is connected to this topic at all?

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

How is it that Israel has so much influence over the united states? 

Seriously?
They own 96% of the media, the banks and run operations like Epstein island to blackmail people in power.
Then blame it on the Chinese and scream Anti-semitic nazi's!! When confronted.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Do you guys have any evidence that george soros is connected to this topic at all?

I don't, but Sydney Powell does.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

One of the groups funding this lawsuit is CAIR(via a couple orgs) and the other is a passthrough organization for the Open Society Foundation. The evidence is in the actual filng documents. It's 100% confirmed.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Do you have a link that may be helpful? Also, does any of the mentioned matter if the lawsuit it to fight draconian laws that promote oaths to Israel?
edit on 15-11-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I don't, but Sydney Powell does.

What does she have to do with israel oath pledges? Couldn't find anything.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Do you have a link that may be helpful? Also, does any of the mentioned matter if the lawsuit it to fight draconian laws that promote oaths to Israel?

All you need to do is look up the information somewhere other than anti-Israel anti-war blogs and you can find it.

Isn't it funny I knew who was behind it before I even looked it up? Almost like there's a predictable pattern.

It's not an "oath to Israel" and parroting that clickbait phrase is as stupid as believing that CAIR and Soros funded firms are doing anything to "protect freedoms". It's an agenda and they're more than happy to have you along for the ride.

Do you remember when a Soros funded firm helped a conservative file a suit when they had speaking events cancelled at public colleges because of political views? I don't either. Agenda, not freedom.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

What does she have to do with israel oath pledges? Couldn't find anything.

You asked in direct response to the comment that Soros is connected to votescam. That is what I was referring to.

If your question was in a different context, then by all means - don't ask it in relation to something else.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

So working with these two civil rights organizations automatically makes her point invalid?

Can you prove that the georgia law she is refering to doesn't exist?

You offer nothing but to just say but SOROS funded these organizations before!

How about proving that her stance is phony and she did not get rejected because she refused to sign a pledge.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Why even comment if it's totally unrelated? There is like 30 other votescam forums.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Why even comment if it's totally unrelated? There is like 30 other votescam forums.

I agree - so why did you comment?

top topics

join