It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mail In Ballots Safer with Covid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I thought the idea of having the mail in ballots in the first place was to reduce possible transmission of covid-19?

Wouldn't one think that having an influx of mail coming in from unknown conditions. At such a rate that mail carrying virus could spread to counters? Edit to add: not toention mail workers.

It was said the virus could survive on surfaces for days.

My thinking says that a line of people being cautious at a controlled point is much safer than above scenario.
edit on 14-11-2020 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mailman

Mail in voting was a ploy from the start.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

What's the difference between standing six feet apart in line for the store, walking into the enclosed building, touching food products other people have touched and standing six feet in line, walking into a building, marking a paper and leaving?

Oh, right, the second one's safer...
edit on 14/11/2020 by dug88 because: Drunk

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mailman
I thought the idea of having the mail in ballots in the first place was to reduce possible transmission of covid-19?

Mail-in has been around for a long time, recipients can mail it back or present it in person.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Maybe we should be investigating the post master general.

I've found out from a postal manager in Illinois, that the new post master general has stock in UPS and is driven to ruin the USPS until private entities can own it.

He started his crusade this summer by mismanaging workers so they would be overloaded and then proceeded to remove sorting machines, forcing the limited workers to do it by hand.

And we're to believe this mail in ballots wasn't planned to be rigged by anyone?

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
President Trump tells Georgia, their Recount-Audit is a WASTE OF TIME, because "signature matching" of mailed-in ballots is not occurring.

Source: twitter.com...

Due to so many mailed-in ballots this year, very sparse signature matching was conducted. That's why there was only a tiny fraction of these ballots rejected, compared to past elections.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Like based on what? We have done so for well over a decade. Arizona has a tradition of it. How Exactly is it a ploy?

It has existed for decades. Now its a problem because the president does not like demographics of those voting? Should the tons of mail in ballots in the rural part of AZ be discarded?
edit on 11/14/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I'll assume you don't know how it worked here in MI so I'll explain.

Earlier this year ballots were sent out en masse. Unsolicited.

No big deal right?

Except it is. Folks got multiples. Some even got some at multiple addresses.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

Like based on what? We have done so for well over a decade. Arizona has a tradition of it. How Exactly is it a ploy?

It has existed for decades. Now its a problem because the president does not like demographics of those voting? Should the tons of mail in ballots in the rural part of AZ be discarded?

Under the tent of Covid-19 it was used as the perfect vehicle for fraud as everyone now knows. Perhaps it hasn't always been abused that way but this election it certainly was. Not sure about Arizona, but then it is likely.

The only demographics Trump has said he doesn't like are the falsified ballots, not the valid ones. I agree and so should every American. Sadly that is not the case.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Yep, not much more needs to be said than that. No way the country elected crazy Joe and some round heels whore that slept her way to the top.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Mail-in has been around for a long time, recipients can mail it back or present it in person.

No. It hasn't. Not like this.

Absentee ballots or other sane mail-in ballots must be requested, and are subject to the same security/ID requirements as in person voting.

The mass mail-in ballots were simply sent out to everyone on the voter rolls = rolls that are notorious for being wrong, and filled with dead people, multiple people who used to live at whatever address, etc etc.

It is ripe for fraud - which is why they shoved it down our throats using COVID as an excuse.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
trump benefited more from the mailin ballots than Biden!!

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Prove it!!

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SammyB0476
a reply to: olaru12

Prove it!!

Can you prove otherwise?

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mailman

Wouldn't one think that having an influx of mail coming in from unknown conditions. At such a rate that mail carrying virus could spread to counters? Edit to add: not toention mail workers.

It was said the virus could survive on surfaces for days.

My thinking says that a line of people being cautious at a controlled point is much safer than above scenario.

Reduces the risk for those at risk.

For instance, my friend with the immunocompromised system and cancer. When the ballot arrived, she let it sit unopened for several days.
* It had been machine generated and sealed in a mailing machine (so no human hands).
* She voted and put it in the mailing envelope, using a peel-on stamp.
* she left that in the mailbox for pick up.

There was no risk to her or to the driver.

In person voting meant
* very sick woman getting out (system stress
* going to polling place
* standing indoors with a lot of people (even 6 feet apart)
* touching surfaces that they've touched (everything from doors to pens to the id card she handed to the clerk which got handed back to her.
* And the virus can live on clothing surfaces, etc, for a bit.

So even with mask and gloves there's a greater risk. If she's in a county where they're not enforcing masks or distances, she's at a HUGE risk.

Plus... there haven't been any big outbreaks at post offices.

top topics

join