It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JummBox: Online Tool for Making and Sharing Chiptunes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Came across this and thought I'd share here. I know there's a bunch of creative people and a few video game fans here.

JummBox

JummBox is an online tool for sketching out and sharing 8-bit chiptune style songs(the beeps and boops from the days before video games had 3d graphics).

Songs can be made directly in the browser and all changes are saved directly in the URL, meaning to share any songs you make, you just need to copy and paste the link.

It features a sequencer where noted can be laid out in patterns. There's multiple channels where patterns can be arranged into songs.

It has a bunch of built in samples, full of that rich 8-bit goodness, an FM synth with multiple waveforms, and a chip synth. There's a built in low pass filter and a pretty neat envelope filter and a few effects.

I found it pretty manageable to use even on mobile despite my tendency to fatthumb all over the screen usually and it's a surprisingly feature packed little music making tool for what it is.

If you like making music and enjoy those sweet, sweet 8-bit digital sounds. Give it a try. It's pretty fun.

A couple of little tunes I threw together quickly this morning:

Song

sleng teng riddim chiptune style

It'd cool to hear anyone else's tunes if anyone ends up playing with this and coming up with anything.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Thanks for posting, hours of fun on this.

It'll take a while but i will post a tune when ive made one

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Awesome looking forward to hearing it.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Hoping to hear lots of new Rob Hubbard type tunes

Gotta love some retro.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Realised how fussy i am and the hours it takes to learn this.
Here's my effort HERE

Its a great tool, hours of fun with it thanks for posting op. You're gonna recognise a bit in it, i took something out of yours to get me going.
edit on 20/11/20 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

Heres another i did in an hour and a bit HERE

Nowhere near as good as the op's, but its a lotta fun
edit on 20/11/20 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

top topics

join