It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bindi Edited Out From Woman In ATS Advertisment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I am including two pictures here.
One is of the board and an accompanying advertisment on the right.
The other is the advertisment itself

I noticed while looking at it that there was a poorly edit blotch of tan color on her forehead where a bindi would be. Is there any possibility that this was purposefully done by the company advertising and if so, why? Or is it simply some very coincidental reflection on her forehead?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
wow that is a poorly done editing job. The color doesn't even match exactly. Weird...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
bindi would show that she is a Hindu, maybe the company did that to remove any stigmas potential donors might have against people of religions different from theirs.

btw, I don't care if they smudged out her bindi, as long as Save The Children is collecting donations and helping people that is all that matters.

btw, they left the black kajal marks on the baby's forehead (that's to protect the child from the evil eye btw)

[edit on 3-17-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Her babies forehead has a mark (and green eyebrows?) I'm not sure why they would edit the Mother.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
wow that is a poorly done editing job. The color doesn't even match exactly. Weird...

It does match the color under her left (our right) eye. Could be an accident.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
As a designer, I deal with this all day long.

Most sites have limitations on the file size of banners/ads. With this being said, the designer is forced to compress the image to meet the site requirments. This is done by removing/reducing the number of varying colors in the image. ie. 256 colors vs only 32colors. When this happens, you get a "banding" or "dithering" effect- a deterioration of color if you will.

So, it's possible they did remove it for "pc" resaons- hell I'm NEVER aloud to use the words "christmas/santa" in any holiday designs... everyone is afraid to offend somebody. So instead I have to say "holiday"...

BUt it's also possible its just becaused its compressed so severly. Doesnt even matter?

Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Beat me to the punch, Serum. You can see the same effect on my avatar. The pre-optimized, original gif file shows a clear, distinct gray screen when the animation stops, whereas the optimized compressed file (my av) shows banding and a grainy, "lossy" effect.

new topics

top topics

join