It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 Testing centres really that busy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So I live in the 4th highest infection rate places in the UK. So I thought I’d set out to see how busy the walk in test centre(s) really are.

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That’s what they look like here in East Tennessee, the public testing sites are all but abandoned. I don’t believe all of the hype about COVID-19. My thoughts are it’s a political weapon, and now that the election is over it’s not needed anymore.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rikgrimsby

Just like everywhere else.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It’s supposed to be like that!

You don’t want them busy because you raise the risk of infecting more people.

You book a time slot and turn up at that time then get moved on. They deliberately keep the number of people at the testing centres to an absolute minimum to reduce the spread

Most tests are done in hospitals or at home, am fed up of this crap that it’s all “fake” because testing centres are quiet (well run)

Also am not trusting anyone on YouTube, especially someone whose other videos include “can bloody Mary be summoned”

edit on 13-11-2020 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Here in NE Ohio, our local test center had a long line when I went by today.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
It’s supposed to be like that!
Most tests are done in hospitals or at home, am fed up of this crap that it’s all “fake” because testing centres are quiet (well run)

Also am not trusting anyone on YouTube, especially someone whose other videos include “can bloody Mary be summoned”

I'm so tired of you people calling everything fake when other people actually go out to find out the truth for themselves. Did you not see the NBC evening news yesterday, November 12th, 2020? If not, go find it, watch it and then come back and respond. They were saying that hospitals are being overrun and they showed "authentic" video of long lines of cars backed up at testing centers. Of course this was all the truth because NBC wouldn't lie about a disease, (no not again.... not like when they used a doctored picture to "claim" the measles outbreak of a year or two ago was so serious.) I'm so tired of all that fake news that isn't coming from some potential nutcase, as you're implying, on YouTube, but from "supposedly" valid sources. You people spend so much time trying to deny the truth. Why is that? What have you got invested in that position?

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Im2keul

I'm not surprised that there were long lines. They're probably buying all the fake news that NBC is spewing. Like the news they spouted last night about how bad the virus was. And not even one word that two more state's electoral college votes were awarded to President Trump.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
A co-worker took time off Tuesday to get tested because he got a call from his eye doctor that said he might have been exposed last Friday. He sat in line for a three hour wait only to be turned away. He went Wednesday, got there 40 minutes before they opened and said there were 30 cars in line. It took him two hours to get the test but he finally did and found out yesterday it was negative.

This was in the Bay City-Saginaw (Tri-city) area in Michigan. I haven't seen any lines when I've been by more local test centers but I don't get out much right now.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

You people spend so much time trying to deny the truth. Why is that?

He doesn’t share the same opinion of the majority here, regarding the virus.

The only people that don’t care about the lockdowns and loss of every day freedoms — are the ones that didn’t leave their basement for years, before we had a scamdemic.!

In answer to the OP. No, testing centers are empty. Nobody GAF!
edit on 13-11-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rikgrimsby

I greatly appreciated the bruiser's protective attitude toward
the perimeter, and his diligence... but if I caught it right was
still unable to answer any questions? Multitaskin' FAIL.
A fine thread rik and bumped like New Jersey squared if I could.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: Im2keul

I'm not surprised that there were long lines. They're probably buying all the fake news that NBC is spewing. Like the news they spouted last night about how bad the virus was. And not even one word that two more state's electoral college votes were awarded to President Trump.

Right, they had mobile test centers on the news the other day, coming to a parking lot near you.

Naturally the "cases" will increase, But who/ how many have symptoms worse than a sniffle?

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I'm so tired of you people calling everything fake when other people actually go out to find out the truth for themselves.

Then you go on and write :

You're tired of people calling everything fake news then you go on and do it yourself.
Rofl.

So Trump voters logic :

"CoVid is fake, that's why the test centers are empty"

Reality:

"here in Ohio the test centers are full"

Trump voters:

"CoVid is fake, people believe in fake news that's why the testing centers are full"

Lol

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm a Trump supporter and I'm not denying the danger of this virus. I'm trying to use common sense and logic to figure out how to maneuver during this crap.

Where do you get so much anger and hatred toward those who believe differently from you? It's going to eat you alive.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Most testing locations closed down in Illinois, due to lack of demand.

With a 99.5% recovery rate, who wants to go through the effort to find out if they have a barely-lethal virus?

67% of Americans have no interest in even being vaccinated against such a minor disease.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I'm so tired of you people calling everything fake when other people actually go out to find out the truth for themselves.

Me too, I think its because I have literally worked in a Covid ICU, as in I have been on the coal face of this pandemic seeing the pressure its put on the NHS and staff, av been on the other end of the phone telling a wife she cannot come in to say good-bye to her husband. I have spoken to the guys who run the tests, I know the Infectious diseases doctor who was involved in planning the Covid response for our area. As such my perspective doesn't come from youtube or the news it comes form actually seeing it first hand, it comes from speaking to genuine experts and reading raw information regarding this pandemic.

Did you not see the NBC evening news yesterday, November 12th, 2020?

Nope I was honestly working in a Covid unit a few days ago....I didn't get a chance to watch any news, if you have a link I will take a look...

You people spend so much time trying to deny the truth. Why is that? What have you got invested in that position?

Well from my perspective its people who run down to their local testing centre to post YouTube videos about it being empty are the ones trying to deny the truth. Its the people who claim that masks are a political statement rather than a way of saving lives who are denying the truth. Its the ones who even seem to think the work that my and my colleagues have been doing since march is somehow part of a hoax that are denying the truth.

Now I honestly don't care what gave you that view, I don't know what you have got invested in that position and I don't really care all that much. I suspect its probably because you confuse politics with public health but like I said, I honestly don't care.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Where do you get so much anger and hatred toward those who believe differently from you? It's going to eat you alive.

Sadly, we live in an age where people are wound so tight that they fly off of the handle over the least little thing.

My personal opinion is that people's lives are getting increasingly filled with little niggles and annoyances, things that wind them up, that they just can't decompress at the end of the day, so when something upsets them a little more they snap and all of the pent up tension is released.

Things that should merely annoy them build up until they start screaming and shouting over something that doesn't warrant it.

People are bombarded with negativity all day long, from then news to social media, and killjoys are trying hard to take away all of our little pleasures in life by wrapping everything in cotton wool or putting things like old TC shows that we like off limits because it's sexist or racist or homophobic, even music is being censored these days. So it's harder than ever to just sit back and relax.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Most of our test centers aren’t too crazy, yet somehow they still test hundreds or thousands people daily. It’s actually cool how they do it.

Appointment only with a few dozen people every 15 minutes, can’t show up more than 15 minutes early.

It is broken up into two separate shifts, morning and afternoon.

Morning is crazy busy, more people, the test is anterior (blow your nose, swab inside of nose, patient does it with nurse walking them through it). This is for return to work, voluntary, pre-op etc. and strictly no symptoms, they screen you and send you away if symptomatic.

Afternoon is for symptomatic patients, more controlled, less people and they perform the nasopharyngeal swab that everyone loves. No screening because everyone is sick. Our drive through centers should be starting up again soon too.

Even though the disease isn’t bad in most, it’s about to knock the healthcare world on its rear end. It’s one of the reasons many areas are setting policy to allow asymptomatic positive healthcare providers to continue to work, they’re going to need the people.

new topics

top topics

join