It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here We go Covid Lockdown #2

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel

originally posted by: rickymouse
We are stocked up, half cow coming end of next week, going to call my relatives and give them their Christmas present early this year. Got one freezer stuffed with food, another half way full, the cow will make all three of our upright freezers be full. Should get about three hundred pounds of beef from this half, giving out a hundred twenty pounds or so for presents, should be good for the year with beef. Usually we invite the kids over for dinner, but this year it may not happen very often, oh well, kids get more T-bones and Rib steaks this year to make their own dinners. Saves having to make dinner for a lot of people and cleaning up dishes after they leave....Hmmm, I guess there are some good points to this covid fear mongering.

There is covid jumping up in the UP. It seems to be coming out of the border with Wisconsin a lot, but it also came from tourists coming her from downstate....they tried to get away from the governors lockdowns and brought it here where they could go to the bar.

I'm in Michigan like you (I am a troll though). Do you think Gretchen Wieners is going to be able to force lockdowns again? I thought our supreme court disabled her ability to do so. What are your thoughts (I hope I didn't thread drift)?

Hahahahaha, I wonder how many ATSers know that reference.

YOU CAN’T SIT WITH US!!

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer
LMAO! That's what my wife and I refer to her as. Her father invented the toaster strudel.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Tell that to these poor sods.

www.walesonline.co.uk...

COVID 19 is a thing and it's destroying lives.

It's not a joke or fake news

It is however a very dangerous pathogen should you manage to somehow tick the correct box.

I am old and not well and i had it, so has many people I know. it is the flu with some lasting effects thanks to being engineered. Taste for instance continues to come and go. the FLU is not a joke. How we relate to it and respond to it ids the only big difference.
That is not to say they have not got worse plans for us.
CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It was spelled out point blank in a story on our local news. You had to read to the middle of the story, but the quote they used said that they weren't seeing more COVID patients, they were seeing more patients whose conditions had gotten severe because they had delayed treatment or let medications lapse, so their conditions had gotten out of control. And those patients were taking up space in ICU and overflowing.

If that's happening here, then it has to be happening all over.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Trump had it as well.

For about 3 days apparently.

End of the day it's just your Donald Duck i suppose.

COVID 19 is not the same as the flu because we don't have any real immunity yet.

Granted Flu is no joke, especially if you are getting on all the same.
edit on 13-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I know about 10 people that have had COVID 19.

Then again a load of them are from my kid's schools.

Ive been tested twice now, same with kids and Mrs.

All negative luckily.

Neighbor two doors down got the bug, and so does his son and daughter.

So aye its not fake.

I also know nurses doctors and careworkers who will tell you its no joke neither.

How many are even real? We have a young friend who was listed positive and had also never taken the test.

Local news reports that several individuals have tested positive for the coronavirus — despite never having taken the test.

“For [these] to come back positive, when there was no specimen submitted, is problematic,” said Gov. Ron DeSantis, Fox 13 Tampa Bay reported.

www.washingtontimes.com...

1. It’s the infection rate that’s scary, not the death rate
theconversation.com...

wHEN THEY TEST THEY DON'T CULTURE THE VIRUS IT IS BASICALLY MEANINGLESS ACORDING TO THE SCIENTIST WHO CREATED THE TEST (sorry hit caps)

A PCR test might find the virus it was looking for. This results in a PCR positive, but a crucial question remains: is this virus active, i.e. infectious, or virulent? The PCR alone cannot answer this question. The CEBM explains why culturing the virus is needed to answer this question:

www.cebm.net...

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Trump had it as well.

For about 3 days apparently.

End of the day it's just your Donald Duck i suppose.

COVID 19 is not the same as the flu because we don't have any real immunity yet.

Granted Flu is no joke, especially if you are getting on all the same.

So how are you going to get immunity lol?

Flu viruses continually change over time. This constant changing enables the virus to evade the immune system, so that people are susceptible to the flu throughout life.

Why don't people become immune to the flu? - WebMDwww.webmd.com

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
You know, it's hard to take you seriously about the plight of Covid-19 while completely ignoring the mass amount of people suffering from mental illnesses that are being ignored.

People who need help can't get it because some prick in their mansion locked everything down, now they get to sit in their head all day, with only the internet.

Have you seen the internet? Its toxic as all hell, people are being driven to suicide or abuse. But that's okay. It's been swept under the rug for decades, they're undesirables.

I want to feel sympathy for being suffering from Covid, but when there is no response to mental illnesses to even being told I should just off myself, I can't take people like you seriously.

I know you specifically haven't done anything like that, but it does leave me a bit jaded after years of suffering, then all of a sudden, put everything on pause cause granny gots a cough.

I'm not saying it's fake, but the sympathy and concern sure as hell is.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: musicismagic

I just looked at Japans cases, it says around 1600.

That is pretty darn low!
My state has around 8200!

Something doesn't seem right,
Japan population -126 million
Wisconsin population - 5.8 million...............hmmmmm
weird.

The Japanese have been wearing masks and practicing for moments like this for decades. They are not as complacent as the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
As been mentioned cases don't mean squat

Here are your stats for the whole state of Illinois

Now hospitalized
Now in ICU

12.9 million in population, listen to science and ignore the math

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

Im not telling you to off yourself buddy.

Never have and never will.

Mental illnesses are always serious.

But they are not contagious like COVID 19 nor will there probably ever be a vaccine to address mental diseases.

I've already been mad many moons ago and luckily managed to pull myself out the other side with at least part of my soul intact.

That's was of my own doing all the same.

Chin up mate you stay safe.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Far as i know they are all real, if it's the results you are pertaining to.

Some of them ended up in hospital in the ICU.

That's about as real as it gets.

They did not die all the same and are now out of danger, so there is that.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Well, we might not need to if this 90% effective vaccine does what it says on the tin.
LoL

Stuff being at the front of the queue all the same.

People don't become completely immune to the flu for the same reason they are susceptible to the common colds.

And if they did that would be a bad thing in the long run, then there are mutations to consider.

Take the SARS-CoV-2 mutation for instance.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Some people want this game, be afraid, be VERY afraid, knock yourself out!

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

There is being prudent and then there is being afraid SeaWorthy.

They don't equate to the same thing where COVID 19 is concerned.

Fear is a healthy motivator put it that way, it's also crippling under certain circumstances.

Balance is the ticket.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

But they are not contagious like COVID 19 nor will there probably ever be a vaccine to address mental diseases.

Will there be for Covid - 19 ?
Or the Flu ?
So on and so forth to ad infinitum

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It is getting a bit on the "Ultraviolet" side.

Maybe "dimensional compression technology" is the answer?

Or just Milla Jovovich, that would do. LoL

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

People do, but the flu virus constantly mutates just enough that the immunity we have becomes partial so we can get it all over again.

A novel virus is one that's so different from anything our immune system has encountered that when our immune system sees it, it freaks out and runs the equivalent of an "all hand on deck" emergency scenario response to it. In those cases, we're often at more danger from our immune system than we are from whatever it was that made us ill. During the 1918 Spanish Flu, it was the immune response that killed more than the flu via cytokine storm reaction.

With this coronavirus, there is some of the same worry. You do have some instance of cytokine storm in some cases, but not like with the Spanish Flu. There are also reports of a reaction called bradykinine which causes leaky blood vessels and may be a similar sort of bodily over-reaction caused by this being a novel virus. But the reports of these kinds of reactions are far lower than they were with the 1918 flu, so this is a less lethal novel virus then it was.

None of that means it cannot provoke severe, even fatal illness in some people. Clearly it can, but not like we were told it would when the very first lock downs were proposed. By now, the cat is well and truly out of the bag, and I don't see that more lock downs are necessarily the answer.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I have custody of my 9 year old grandson.
I don't want to leave him with no-one and him enter the care system.

That is my primary reason for not wanting to catch anything.

Not that I have to explain or justify anything to you or anyone else.

I've never backed down from anything or anyone in my life.
You may think that's just keyboard talk....I assure you, its not.

I know several people who have died of this virus and more who to varying degrees have been ill with it.

You trivialise other people's concern's, why?
Do you think you are somehow immune to this?
I sincerely hope you don't become infected with this virus but I wonder how your faux bravado goes if you do.

I could go on, but I won't.
What's the point?
You think you are clever and all knowing....I don't.

But I will say this: I suspect you don't see the irony in you trying to ridicule people with genuine concerns about something real then preach about possible threats posed by an alleged group with an agenda that is unproven.

What are YOU scared of Mr Paranoia?

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
As been mentioned cases don't mean squat

Here are your stats for the whole state of Illinois

Now hospitalized
Now in ICU

12.9 million in population, listen to science and ignore the math

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
15h
Something extremely bogus is going on. Was tested for covid four times today. Two tests came back negative, two came back positive. Same machine, same test, same nurse. Rapid antigen test from BD.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join