It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here We go Covid Lockdown #2

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Nyiah

Many folks will have plenty of time for jt

Plenty of time for The Sketchy Gretchy Drinking Game, or plenty of time to sit at home & twiddle thumbs watching everything worked for/earned evaporate again?

Didn't take long to make a political show out of the thing.

More threats. Just get the lockdown in play, we all know it's coming.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Question for you and Spira above:

What's this about? Are you saving people from themselves or in spite of themselves?

And is it your place to make that decision?

There was a story in our local news about people not abiding by the restrictions perfectly. One of them was a lady with a 96-year-old father who has early stage dementia. Her dilemma? How much time does she have really? Sure. It's dangerous for him to get COVID, but at the same time, he's 96, and because of his dementia, he already feels like his whole family is abandoning him. She could isolate him to try to keep him from getting COVID, but that would make him feel worse in ways he can't understand, and at his age and in his condition, would the precaution be worth it? Is she going to miss what little lucid time he may have left trying to save his physical life while his mental life slips away.

How many people are in that kind of situation?

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Every situation is unique. Nobody, as I mentioned in an earlier post - has a magic bullet. There are ways that we can choose to deal with this that are better - that will help mitigate a bad situation

Not all of us are in the same situations. So long as people try to make this political or about their comfort zones it works against everyone - including people who are elderly, are health compromised, financially compromised - the list goes on

This one woman you use as an example - should we relax our standards and put thousands of people at risk, let her risk herself and her elderly father? If we do - how many people does she take down with her that aren't 96 and facing dementia? There is a greater good here to consider, and it does feel unfair to have cookie cutter solutions that won't affect all people equally. In the meantime?

I personally believe that if most people complied, we would be in a better position to have special solutions for individual situations. If the virus is running wild, none of that is possible

This happened to all of us - the entire planet. It all happened so fast, and nobody seems to want to consider that the decisions being made were the best people could make at the time. At least, the decisions people were allowed to make once they finally got the information they needed

Even now we're learning about what all this virus can do - and it looks like there are some possible long term health issues that might affect people who weren't in any danger of dying when they caught it. So, maybe Russian Roulette isn't the best approach. And maybe lock downs are something we all agree to until we've got a vaccine making the rounds

Which means, here comes Phase II in The Battle Against Reality

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

How does her personal situation and choice put thousands at risk?

You're as bad as some other posters who live clear across the country from me bagging on me for not wearing a mask at my aerobics class because I have asthma and it does change how I breathe. I feel we are all spaced out (social distancing you know) well in the studio, so I choose not to wear it so I can get in my cardio. I do wear it at tae kwon do because it's required and we do partner work.

But what I do or don't do cannot put someone halfway across the country at risk.

Btw, I watch cases in this area. They did indeed spike through last week, but they've been dropping off again over the past four days or so.

Deaths never have spiked.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: charlyv

Question for you and Spira above:

What's this about? Are you saving people from themselves or in spite of themselves?

And is it your place to make that decision?

There was a story in our local news about people not abiding by the restrictions perfectly. One of them was a lady with a 96-year-old father who has early stage dementia. Her dilemma? How much time does she have really? Sure. It's dangerous for him to get COVID, but at the same time, he's 96, and because of his dementia, he already feels like his whole family is abandoning him. She could isolate him to try to keep him from getting COVID, but that would make him feel worse in ways he can't understand, and at his age and in his condition, would the precaution be worth it? Is she going to miss what little lucid time he may have left trying to save his physical life while his mental life slips away.

How many people are in that kind of situation?

In every serious event that requires correct responses to problems, there are always the certain situations that push all of the buttons. Sadly, they persevere and there is not much that can be done to obliterate their gloomy presence and lack of solution. Just being a realist about that.

Situations that thrive on the slopes and plain of the bell curve.
edit on 15-11-2020 by charlyv because: c

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sprockets2000
I hope you have sufficient electrical backup because do not put it past the powers that be causing day long power outages to destroy people’s stockpiles of meat and dairy a reply to: rickymouse

Two generators I started last week and changed the fuel in and a third old generator I have not started in about three years as backup. In the winter here, I can haul a freezer outside and fill it up, also, I have half a dozen coolers I can fill up and put on the porch when it is really cold outside. I can also melt snow to make water, freeze the water outside, and put the jugs in the freezers. I also stock at least twenty pounds of canning salt all the time.

But, in November and early December it can still be too warm, I only stock about twenty gallons of gas, filling a can when I dump it into the tractor or plowtruck so I never get lower than ten gallons of gas.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

People with those 2kw inverters had better understand how important having reserve gas is. You may be able to watch tv and keep the freezer running, but only as much as the gas you have available to keep the car running.

I have a big inverter in a Honda Pilot. Great for emergency but the combo is thirsty as hell.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

People with those 2kw inverters had better understand how important having reserve gas is. You may be able to watch tv and keep the freezer running, but only as much as the gas you have available to keep the car running.

I have a big inverter in a Honda Pilot. Great for emergency but the combo is thirsty as hell.

My four and a half kilowatt 220 generator is hard on gas, but the little generator is easy on gas. I plug one freezer in at a time with the little generator to run the freezers, we have kerosene lamps and a wood kitchen stove. The freezers need an hour every day (once per day) each to stay at below twenty degrees, starting at the second day. Five gallons would last maybe a week at that rate. I haven't put the pump electrical bypass in yet, I need to do that. The big generator will run the pump if I get that three way switch installed. Or I could pull the wires off the fuse box and hook them to an adapter if needed but we keep about twenty gallons of water for outages.

We have had outages that last three days a couple of times, that is not very hard to work with. We are set up to need only a little power for the freezers for long term outages. We can go get water from my daughters who are on a different power company, they live three miles away. If all the people who know how to run our power plants get sick, we are in trouble.

We are prepared for almost everything up to a couple of months except of course, forest fires and snowstorms dumping five feet of snow in one day.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Even now we're learning about what all this virus can do - and it looks like there are some possible long term health issues that might affect people who weren't in any danger of dying when they caught it. So, maybe Russian Roulette isn't the best approach. And maybe lock downs are something we all agree to until we've got a vaccine making the rounds

Which means, here comes Phase II in The Battle Against Reality

Keep the fear alive good job... "looks like" "possible" and so on. I'm sure once bunker Joe with his mask on tells us all the Dark Winter is coming it will help even more in that fear... The riots were not all about BLM TDS etc.. They were also about people locked up for months too. Expect more of that.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

And do you have percentages on that?

What are the odds? Tell me so I can make an informed choice. Otherwise, it's just more scaremongering.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Keep the fear alive good job... "looks like" "possible" and so on. I'm sure once bunker Joe with his mask on tells us all the Dark Winter is coming it will help even more in that fear... The riots were not all about BLM TDS etc.. They were also about people locked up for months too. Expect more of that.

You have the freedom to dismiss science, but not the freedom to dismiss it for everyone. You also have a tendency to keep the fear alive with your own propaganda

I'd like to be able to say that rationality is a human trait - but I'm switching that out for rationality is a human option

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You won't listen to anybody else outside ATS - why would you be interested in listening to me?

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

We are prepared for almost everything up to a couple of months except of course, forest fires and snowstorms dumping five feet of snow in one day.

I'll take snow over fire any day!

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaneThinking
And how many are dead, this is asinine. Cases don’t mean dead people 99.7 percent of people fully recover. Most within days.

Lock up those with one foot in the grave already, lock up those who’s immune systems can’t take it, and leave EVERYONE ELSE the fak alone!!!

SaneThinking

I had 3 full days of Covid. Leading up to it I was a bit tired, then 3 days of what I consider the flu. The last few days, just minor fatigue. I still dont have my smell or taste back yet but I feel fine. I still think it was an engineered virus that folded in nicely with the vote by mail scam.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So Michigan going to lock down on their own for a month, then also later lock down when Lord Emperor Joe Biden commands it for the entire country?

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

You won't listen to anybody else outside ATS - why would you be interested in listening to me?

Do you have the numbers? They aren't telling me the numbers. I want the information so I can make up my own mind.

All I am getting is the paternal and patronizing "We know what's best" routine. Well, they don't know me or my situation ro anything else, but they do have that information. Between that information and my personal knowledge of my situation in life, I can make an informed decision.

Otherwise, I have to assume there is a reason they're keeping me in the dark, and it's nothing good. As I don't see piles of bodies in the streets, then I'm trending toward this being less of a problem than they want me to believe.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I think if we were to see piles of bodies in the streets, with a bring out your dead scenario in play, it would be way too late to accomplish much if we are honest.

The idea being never to approach such an R rate because by then our medical facilities would be overrun and completely ineffective.

We were not far off piles of bodies in the streets during the Spanish flu epidemics.

It can happen ketsuko and all we have to do is nothing at all.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I'll take snow over fire any day!

I have scoops, shovels, a truck with a plow, and a farm tractor with a six and a half foot snowblower and front end loader on it. I also have a friend who has big loaders, it might cost a hundred fifty bucks to get dug out if he comes here with his loader but we can afford it if needed. I was contemplating having him come and plow for us, but we have five hundred feet of circular drive with two outcrops, it could be expensive, maybe a hundred fifty a month or more to have him do it. I will think about that when I hit sixty eight years old, that is in three years.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

You know this is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Terms And Conditions Of Use

Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join