It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you Know? Who woulda' thunk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Did you know...there are over (20) different ways to tie your shoes? I didn't.

Did you know...there are over (62) different ways to lace your shoes and boots? I had no idea!

In my interwebz travels I stumbled across the coolest website. It's just pure fun and enjoyment.

Gawd, with all the bad stuff going on in the world, with so much anger and hate, it's really nice to find something interesting and just plain fun. Not to mention super useful. Who knew???

So go ahead, take a look. Be sure to check out both the "lacing" and "tying" sections. There's tons of other stuff on this website too. Note: I have no affiliation with this website, I just stumbled across it.

I hope you enjoy. I know I am.

Lacing and Tying Shoes and Boots

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I don't remember the time period, but I think either the CIA, or the FBI used to lace their shoes in a different fashion in order to nonverbally speak to each other with code

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

Yep, they show that in the website. It was the CIA. It's called "Code Lacing".

Again, who knew, right?

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
sometimes there is nothing like a good pair of slip ons!

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I mean, I knew there were a couple different ways to lace your shoes and boots, but had no idea there were that many systems and purposes.

I wish I'd have found this website decades ago!!

No I gotta' go re-lace some shoes!

Note: I also love how the guy tells you the percentage difference for lengths of each system compared to the standard criss-cross method. He's very thorough.

Yes...I'm a dork...I know.

edit on 11/13/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
More fake news!

Cool site. Bookmarked for later reference.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Did you know...there are over (20) different ways to tie your shoes? I didn't.

Did you know...there are over (62) different ways to lace your shoes and boots? I had no idea!

In my interwebz travels I stumbled across the coolest website. It's just pure fun and enjoyment.

Gawd, with all the bad stuff going on in the world, with so much anger and hate, it's really nice to find something interesting and just plain fun. Not to mention super useful. Who knew???

So go ahead, take a look. Be sure to check out both the "lacing" and "tying" sections. There's tons of other stuff on this website too. Note: I have no affiliation with this website, I just stumbled across it.

I hope you enjoy. I know I am.

Lacing and Tying Shoes and Boots

If you grew up Hip Hop. You know there are 50 more ways to tie yo fat laces.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

There is a video someplace of a man tying his shoelaces....without any hands!

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Might have to peruse that and see if there are any ways for a kid with compromised dexterity in his fingers to manage a secure tie on his shoes.

Drives me nuts that I can't get him to tie his shoes and have them stay tied for more than 30 minutes.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They've got a whole bunch of ways, for all different types of shoelaces.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The one I've always hated is "shoe-shop lacing", which is listed. Obviously quick and convenient from their viewpoint, but felt awkwardly unbalanced when you try to tie the laces, and it's very inconvenient if you want to adjust the lengths of the two ends a trifle. I always had to take out the laces at home and re-do them on some more symmetrical system

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I used to think it was cool to lace boots with one hand. I never imagined all these different lace schemes.
I got tired of burning up my laces welding and went slip-on and never looked back.

new topics

top topics

join