It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about the stigmatised property on you block

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Tell me about the stigmatized property on your block.

did you grow up near a haunted house, a house where there was a murder where a sex offender lived. or just one with the interesting myths about it?

Was it old and creepy, modern, or just run down?

Was it completely abandoned on it crazy old man Jenkins live there question?

Tell me, I need to escape from the constant barrage of 2920 stuff.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

I'm more interested in what happens in 2920! Please share.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Used to have a Labrador ghost in my old house.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I am the stigmatized property on my block. At least 8 people died here over the past 150 years and some weird stuff has happened.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
Tell me about the stigmatized property on your block.

did you grow up near a haunted house, a house where there was a murder where a sex offender lived. or just one with the interesting myths about it?

Was it old and creepy, modern, or just run down?

Was it completely abandoned on it crazy old man Jenkins live there question?

We used to have a "satanic" church. Lol.

Called "Purple Gates".

Yes the church had purple gates. Someone started a rumor that purple gates was a symbol of the devil. Lol.

But....... but, once while snooping around, me and my friends came across what looked like a grave on the property. This is a church in the middle of the city with no cemetery on the grounds. Just one "grave"

It was weird.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

the house I grew up in and my parents still own and live in was said to be haunted. It was build by a guy in the early 1920's. He built English Tutors. There are 4 in the area built by him. Ours was his home. He is said to have lost all his wealth in the crash and shot himself in the back yard. The neighbor behind us was super old, a WW2 Jewish survivor. He claimed to be living in the house behind ours when it happened. He used to give my sister and I silver dollars

The house was plenty creepy looking to a kid. To an adult, it's amazing architecture. I never saw anything strange, but my sister claimed all sorts of things that scared her. She has always been a bit easy to scare.

I did a thread on the tile floor in the front entrance.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

My neighbors across the road and up the hill (were super rural) are the stigmatised property.

The cute old house they moved into quickly fell into disrepair after they moved in. There are fights there often, constant police presence, their sons are involved in break ins (including my own home), their dog has attacked a few residents of the town.

The husband at the home was murdered by a neighbour..a child... after he confronted the child at his home down the street at 4am after his step children were involved in some kind of lowgrade teenage altercation.

The child was hiding in some bushes, and as the man was raging at his step mother in the driveway, he pushed her, and the kid jumped out of the bushes with a knife and stabbed the man in the throat. The kids stepmother was a nurse and tries to save him, but he was gone.

It was the only murder to ever happen in our town, and the property continued to go downhill after that. They got more untrained, aggressive dogs, and put up a crazy looking pallet fence (which the townspeople started a petition to have removed, but honestly, if it keeps the nutty dogs in their yard, and they're financially unable to put up an eye pleasing fence, who cares?).

Anyways. It's an insane property in a really cute little town.

Edit to add: The neighbours on either side of the property are quite close to it. It took one neighbour 3 years to sell his house after the crazies moved in, and the new owners are all ready selling after a year there. The neigjbours on the other side rented their beautiful victorian property to a few people after they moved out a few months after the crazies moved in. Two sets of renters were attacked by the aggressive dogs the crazies keep, and it's been basically abandoned since, with a few attempts to sell privately but no takers.
edit on 13-11-2020 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I literally have a Pet Cemetery behind the back of my property.
Ghost dogs and cats running through my house all the time.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

How's Fred Gwynne?

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have no idea what is wrong with the house next door to us. (maybe us, LOL)
But we are on our 9th neighbor, in 19-20 years.

out of the 9, 6 have gotten divorced. The 9th is going through one right now, and figures he will lose it by spring, which will make the 3rd to actually loose it to the bank.

It is a beautiful home. I would love to have it.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ive got the house with all the cool old cars around back.

link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
It is a beautiful home. I would love to have it.

At the rate you're going with driving them out you should be getting it soon.

link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Spread lots of lies about it being possessed, then buy it at the next bank auction or tax sale for next to nothing!

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Bela Lugosi owned and lived in the house at the end of the block where my parents lived in LA. He was long dead and gone before I lived on the block but I did eat way too mushrooms one night and went to blocks end and puked all over the side of that house. The house that used to be Bela Lugosi’s. Oh yeah baby. Class act here.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I can't recall any truly stigmatized properties during my childhood.

However, when I had a condo I was standing on my back deck on morning and noticed a lot of news truck antennas on the block across our back alleyway. Come to find out, a federal judge lived in a house directly behind us and was murdered by a disgruntled plaintiff who was mad she ruled against him and then off'd himself after the deed.

It was interesting seeing the house on the market over the next year. It finally sold after being repainted and spruced up. I'm sure the conversation with neighbors was interesting after purchases moved in , "Hey welcome to the neighborhood! Really messed up what happened in your basement!"

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
My house is haunted. I have detailed it here on this site. It used to seem to be more active and lately not active that much at all. I am good with that.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Nowhere I lived growing up was anywhere close to anything even rumor-worthy, pretty boring neighborhoods really.

But as an adult, I lived next door to a funeral parlor once. That was...a trip. I got some stories, lemme tell ya.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Nowhere I lived growing up was anywhere close to anything even rumor-worthy, pretty boring neighborhoods really.

But as an adult, I lived next door to a funeral parlor once. That was...a trip. I got some stories, lemme tell ya.

Tell us!!

I worked in forensics for 20 years. I seen some ish too. I saw a door open by itself. I saw the crypt conveyor operate on it's own, I saw a x ray toggle switch switch on by itself. I also heard footsteps walking down the hall at 2 in the morning and there was no one else at the office at the time.

There were other witnesses for the first 3.

But the most frightening thing I saw was a ghost lady walking through a door and down the hall. This happened at a sleep center. And I wasn't the only person to witness that too.

That one. Oh my lord. My co worker and I just looked at each other and werekinda in shock. We were like "did you see that?" "Dont mess with me!" "You saw it too!"

edit on 13-11-2020 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I would love to, but I would have to wait a few more years. Right now, the housing market in our neighbor has went crazy, and houses are selling for double what they should be worth.
Great for sellers, but not for people like us, wanting to stay around.
Taxes just keep going up and up, when theses houses sell so high. My other neighbor was just complaining to the hubby the other day, because he has been out in our neighborhood for over 50 years.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Lol, sorry to disappoint, but it's nothing scary, just funny observations and eavesdrops. It was a small mom & pop family-run parlor, some days it was a real hoot. Like the one really large guy they they brought in to prep, the gurney collapsed on them midway to the door & the body slid off, "AHH! S#, get him back on it, get him back on it!" "I could use some help, he's heavy as hell!" "Go find somebody who doesn't have noodle arms to help me, dammit!" The entire context was just ridiculous, so I found that pretty funny XD

And the viewing they hosted for one family. I got the clear impression the hated family matriarch died, and everyone was happy about it. A couple of older women came in a small group, and were singing "Ding-dong, the witch is, dead" all the way from the car to the door. It was HILARIOUS, lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join