It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracker Barrell restaurant accused of having a "noose decoration"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
As someone that was indeed an in house trainer at a Cracker Barrel I can tell you that decorations are placed before the store opens and typically are not added to or removed over the years. So those nooses have been there on display as long as the store has been there...22 years.

There was mention of not promoting black employees. Employees could only join the corporate training team after receiving four stars which takes a minimum of 1.5 years. There is no path to management from employee ranks. All management is hired externally. Trust me, I had a trainer lament that she had to leave me at the store and a couple managers lament that they couldn’t advance me because they could see me getting my own store within a year.

Now the star program...there are T&C’s about the excessive language I would use to describe that program. And trust me, I used them on the group of evaluators that administered the tests. Their standing in my way while I cooked for 75% of the tables made their mouths hang along with their heads when I asked when exactly I was taking the time to do the prep cook’s job of making biscuits by the now memorized recipe because the program doesn’t account for the honeymoon period of a new store, only a decade or so of operation levels of customers. That I can handle the rush, manager’s specific orders for their personal meals, prying eyes underfoot and already worked my 60th hour of the week without climbing into a waitress’s ass over a mistake they made should tell them what my star level was.

After an 84 hour week (yes that is not a typo) I told the store manager that Uncle Herschel and I was gonna have a little talk over who owned the store if I did another 80+ week again. Was it worth it? No. Would I do it all over again? No. Did Cracker Barrel go forth with any intent in this case? No. Should this person shut up and sit down now? Yes, because someone might come out and explain that more than hanging nooses old electric cords can beat the tar out of you and really flay the skin right off and that there might be a person at that Cracker Barrel mad enough to do it.

<< 1  2   >>

join