It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Governor in America? DeSantis Drafts Anti-Mob Legislation *Snipped.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Best Governor in America? DeSantis Drafts Anti-Mob Legislation That Will Allow Citizens to Shoot Looters

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has drafted a new “anti-mob” legislation that will allow armed citizens to shoot suspected looters.

The Miami Herald reports that the “proposal would expand the list of ‘forcible felonies’ under Florida’s self-defense law to justify the use of force against people who engage in criminal mischief that results in the ‘interruption or impairment’ of a business, and looting, which the draft defines as a burglary within 500 feet of a ‘violent or disorderly assembly.'”

The report continues on to say that the legislation will also “enhance criminal penalties for people involved in ‘violent or disorderly assemblies,’ make it a third-degree felony to block traffic during a protest, offer immunity to drivers who claim to have unintentionally killed or injured protesters who block traffic, and withhold state funds from local governments that cut law enforcement budgets.”

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Cause/Effect.

Desantis is not playing around here folks. It's a sad state of the Union we've even reached this point. It's a failure of both the people and their so called leaders.

Here's a prime example of actions have consequences.

Behave like a good law abiding citizen, and don't loot snip,don't burn snip, don't destroy snip, like show some actual civilized behavior. They'll be fine.

Just because political hacks think they have some right the magical social justice fairy gave them.

They have none to act like NAZI jackboots.

I wonder how many other governors will be following in Desantis's footsteps.

Lord knows Portland needs it, but that'll never happen.

Anyhow.

I retort.

YOU decide.

P.S. check out this load of snip.

Democrats, including Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber, have argued that the governor’s draft bill “sounds like an invitation to incite violence.”

Same source.

Yo Dan?

It's not an incitement. It's a response.
edit on 11-11-2020 by neo96 because: 'spellin

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Obviously Dan doesn't know any honest hard working peaceful firearm owners.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

But looting is not inciting violence?

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I live in Florida, DeSantis has been a good governor, and we havent had all the looting and riots generally, but this is sending a meesage dont come here with that.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

No, it is peaceful demonstration.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Let me get this straight,

The Left - Says it OK to kill defenseless innocent small humans that are causing an inconvenience but has issue's killing adult legally responsible humans causing arson, property destruction and physical violence to others.

Yup, makes perfect sense lol!

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
Let me get this straight,

The Left - Says it OK to kill defenseless innocent small humans that are causing an inconvenience but has issue's killing adult legally responsible humans causing arson, property destruction and physical violence to others.

Yup, makes perfect sense lol!

Orwell called it doublethink.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Good, someone needs to step up and start putting an end to this lawless behavior or else it will NEVER end and only get worse. If anyone thinks that burning or destroying my property is of more value than their life, then they should and would pay the ultimate price for the consequences of their actions.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I hate anyone losing their life. death is forever. And taking a life isn't some easy task you can just do like taking out the trash, or flushing the toilet.

Having said that, if you loot, burn, and destroy what someone else worked so hard to create, are you showing that you are worthy of understanding empathy and humanity? There are some who hurt others for the sake of hurting others. In that instance, I cannot find the same empathy I thought I had.

I also believe that if the punishment for doing something wrong was death, very few would do that wrong thing.

All I can say is it would suck to be an asshole who wanted to loot and burn in Florida if this passes.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I am waiting for Whitler to draft similar legislation here in Michigan

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
'gelber'

LMFAO.

it is truly shocking, how 'they' creep in to EVERY sector of power in the republic.

z o g
indeed.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I am waiting for Whitler to draft similar legislation here in Michigan

Good luck with that considering her constituents prole status.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Moved from WI to FL. Housing costs suck where we are, but... at least we have freedom instead of more lockdowns. And no snow.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm a conservative leaning independent Floridian...
This is political nonsense. In Florida, if you start rioting, looting during your protest, you will go to jail. Just feel good legislation with no purpose. Our sheriffs aren't like the rest of the world, if you're from Florida you already know this. You will go to jail.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You’d think we’ve had widespread issues with burning and looting down here to inspire DeSantis to draft this. Alas, we haven’t. Not even in Dem-run counties like Broward and Dade.

While I find the looters and arsonist to be vile and disgusting humans, I’m not too thrilled about expanding laws to allow legal killing. Not in the social climate we’re in right now.

3 months ago one of my property engineers set off the security alarm in one of our properties in Miami (and it’s LOUD), while he was standing on the porch trying to disarm the alarm from his phone, a police officer came over and asked him what he was up to. I got a call from the police officer to verify he was my employee and he was supposed to be there.

Now, had that been a fired up, “can’t wait to get my gun” dumbass, that could have been a totally different situation for my employee.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Looters, vandals, and arsonists should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for their crimes, but this comes across as a slippery slope,

Don't you guys pay taxes for the paid employment of what can only be described as a militarised police force?

'To protect and serve'?

I'm not there, so I don't know, but as an outsider looking in, this could be ripe for abuse, 'suspected looters'??

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: neutronflux

No, it is peaceful demonstration.

I have done lots of peaceful things in my life. And it never left blocks of a city sacked and torched.

I have participated in lots of target shooting that never resulted in a building (or anyone’s property) being damaged, let alone whole city blocks?

Maybe I am not doing peaceful right?

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

'To protect and serve'?

Courts here ruled long ago that police are not required to "protect or serve" its an option. Its well known in my area the crime and perpetrators will be long gone before arrival of police which may or may not even take a report.

Pretty much on our own as far as personal defense goes.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
Looters, vandals, and arsonists should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for their crimes, but this comes across as a slippery slope,

Don't you guys pay taxes for the paid employment of what can only be described as a militarised police force?

'To protect and serve'?

I'm not there, so I don't know, but as an outsider looking in, this could be ripe for abuse, 'suspected looters'??

We do pay for the police and they’ve also been able to quell any volatile situations the second they arose. I’m not sure what North Florida has looked like, but in South Florida we had maybe 1 night in Miami where f*cktards spray painted some buildings, broke a couple windows and then were made to f*ck off by the actual, legit, protesters who stood between buildings and looters.

The only other issue that arose back then was when a cop pushed a woman over who was kneeling and everyone went apesh*t. It lasted maybe 5 minutes and was made up of 75 or so people. I think the other officers were just as pissed at the cop who pushed the woman over.

No other incidents since then. We’ve had a ton of protests, but none of the crazy looting sh*t.

This bill is f*cking stupid. Send it off to Portland where they actually need it since they don’t seem to want to let their police handle sh*t.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It used to be, if you wanted to get away with shooting somebody, youd put a gun or knife in their dead hand. Now you can put a flat screen or new pair of Nikes

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join