It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consider the good side of this electoral fiasco!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Consider this.

If Trump had won a clear victory right off the start, there would've been riots.

For now, everyone gets to think their candidate won, and there's no fire.

Maybe by January we'll have shed more light on the truth, and things can proceed naturally.

Just a thought.

^_^

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

I'm supposed to see the bright side of a stolen election?
And that bright side is the left didn't riot and burn down cities...

I got hung but at least they used a new rope...

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Hmm, well, the bright side for me, living and voting in Texas, is that its quite obvious that voting in elections for POTUS, going forward is altogether optional for me at least.

There's at least 2 reasons for that. First the State of Texas goes reliably red so my vote is just a pile-on. Second, thanks to this election cycle, its quite obvious that the POTUS races can easily be stolen by the Democrats so there really isnt any incentive for Texans to bother voting in those races.

And there's another reason for me not to vote in the POTUS races every four years.......I really dont like participating in something that makes me look altogether like the proverbial sucker.

In closing, I can only aver that while Texas is a "real" Republic with free and fair elections, and the US is obviously a Bannana Republic with altogether questionable elections, Texas really doesnt need the faux Presidents of the Bannana Republic. And I am happy to report that based upon my observations that so many individuals and businesses have removed their 'American' flags, it appears that a lot of Texans agree with me.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Seems pretty #ed the only two options, from what some people seem to keep saying, is a whole lot of bull# or some raging violence.

I was always taught adults don't throw tantrums to get their way. Yet, there's been a whole year of adults throwing the biggest most retarded tantrum I think i've seen and people still keep babbling on like it's just a given that those adults were going to throw an even bigger tantrum if they hadn't seemingly got their way.

This world has just become completely #ing unhinged. For years I watched countless adult children in their homes, unemploymed, lazing about when I'd show up to do work. Have their parents beg us to give their lazy asses jobs.

These are the same spoiled idiotic children threatening and committing violence now. To those people, grow the # up, become functioning adults, burning and destroying # because your mad is insane.

I just can't even begin to think why anyone would be condoning or celebrating such behaviour out of a population of #ing adults.

Sorry, i'm only responding to your comment because just made me think of all this. This is mostly directed to the op and anyone on ATS who's ever once condoned that behaviour.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I hope you are correct that time would bring perspective and cooler heads. Unfortunately however if Trump emerges the victor there will be many angry democrats who will have gotten used to seeing Biden as president-elect and are likely to feel that Trump is the one who stole a previously-settled election.

If half the country doubts the election today, the other half is likely to doubt the "new results" tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Hmm, well, the bright side for me, living and voting in Texas, is that its quite obvious that voting in elections for POTUS, going forward is altogether optional for me at least.

There's at least 2 reasons for that. First the State of Texas goes reliably red so my vote is just a pile-on. Second, thanks to this election cycle, its quite obvious that the POTUS races can easily be stolen by the Democrats so there really isnt any incentive for Texans to bother voting in those races.

And there's another reason for me not to vote in the POTUS races every four years.......I really dont like participating in something that makes me look altogether like the proverbial sucker.

In closing, I can only aver that while Texas is a "real" Republic with free and fair elections, and the US is obviously a Bannana Republic with altogether questionable elections, Texas really doesnt need the faux Presidents of the Bannana Republic. And I am happy to report that based upon my observations that so many individuals and businesses have removed their 'American' flags, it appears that a lot of Texans agree with me.

This sounds like my rationale since 1992 when Perot got hosed. I mean, i doubt Texas would have went for Perot to begin with, as he is the author of the "No Pass, No Play" legislation that ruined a lot of strong football programs throughout the state. But i still supported him, and the way he was treated ruined me for voting for almost 30 years.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

If Trump had won a clear victory right off the start, there would've been riots.

I could have roasted marchmallows from their raging fires instead listening to all this gloating from people that failed civics 101 for two weeks.

bummer.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Make no mistake, the riots are going to happen either way.

Size, devastation and scope are the multiples given by who win, when and how they win.

Well over 70 million people are going to be pissed in any scenario.

I believe this is the plan all along.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The only ones that riot are Democrat supporters.

If Trump voters get screwed over after being disenfranchised and intimidated for 4 years it won't be a riot.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well, at least I hope you keep voting in the State and County, elections.......for Texans, those races, along with US Senate and House seats are the MOST important votes we cast IMHO. And they are somewhat fun......years ago, before the great divide, I would even go so far as to split the ticket in some races, voting for particularly well qualified Democrat candidates. Of course, that was back in the day when Texas still had Conservative Democrats.

top topics

join