It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we backed up taiwan then...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If china were to invade taiwan and we defended taiwan, would russia be on chinas side? what about north Korea?. I am sure england would be on are side. I think that if that many countries got in a war it would be WWIII Then the NWO would rise. Is this even possible?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
N.K. would invade S.K. if America attack China. Iran would probably attack Israel, as would a few other places in the Middle East. Japan would probably get attacked as well. Europe would go on America's side and Russia would help China/give them cheap weapons that they have to pay off after the war.

India, etc would be the key parts of any such a large scale war. But, I'd advise you to ask for this topic to be deleated. It's already being discussed here: Can China Invade Taiwan?

and here: Taiwan trembling with fear as dragon arms itself

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkmonkey14
If china were to invade taiwan and we defended taiwan, would russia be on chinas side?

Doubtful, at least not more so than they were on iraq's side, what with MAD and all.

Is this even possible?

I really think MAD prevents any of this.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I really dont think that we (the US) would defend Taiwan in an invasion.
We might help them defend THEIRSELVES and provide them support on intelligence and the like. It just would not be in our interests to defend "China's" Taiwan from China.

If by small chance this does escalate to total invasion, I think that everyone will try to use peacful means to solve the problem, and more less stay out of the fight. Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I doubt Europe would get involved - at least initially. With Russian and Chinese nuclear weapons bearing down on us, we'd remain neutral. Britain might tag along for the ride like the good lap dogs that we are, but unless those nukes were taken out first its doubtful that we'd commit to anything.

Most likely, if China invaded and US would try to counter and then one or the other would fire a nuke. China / US would then respond. After each has had their testosterone levels taken down a few notches everyone would sit down to peace.

All the whiles, Europe would do what the Americans did for beginning of WW1 and the beginning of WW2..... supply arms to both sides

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
russia will just give china supplies... so that it can kill as many americans as china can if we do help taiwan defend. russia want to become on the top again with the US.... so i guess they will try anything...

new topics

top topics

join