It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfizer says early analysis shows its Covid-19 vaccine is more than 90% effective

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
A BMJ article showing that there has been no peer review of this claim, and very little information disclosed as to how the determination was actually made so they can judge if it is true. I guess that hiding how they evaluate the results is common now in vaccines these days, too much room for corruption in the mix.

www.bmj.com...

Is this vaccine actually going to be as effective as they claim? I guess if it was, they would release the trial information to the other people who evaluate this kind of stuff. This also brings into play, how safe is this vaccine if they will not allow anyone to verify their collected evidence.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

Their vaccine is barely phase 2, it’s a more typical vaccine and they need far more data to confirm its effectiveness, especially in older and younger patients. It doesn’t help when they only release limited data batches either.

My money is on genetic based vaccines like mRNA as being the best defense and the safest for us, once we work out the kinks. You make a gene that your cell reads like a blueprint to produce protein that is found in virus and then your immune system learns how to destroy it, in multiple ways.

Adenovirus vaccines can work in one of two ways, first is you stick protein from a virus on there that is stable and doesn’t mutate much like the spike protein. Immune system targets that through some coaxing and you get nice antibodies, hopefully. Problem is viral capsid can be made of all kinds of materials like glycolipids (sugar-fat) bound in different conformations and arrangements with numerous antibody targets. You get a bad antibody, that person you just vaccinated could die with an exposure to the real thing.

Second way is using adenovirus or adenovirus-associated viral transfection vectors. What the heck does that mean? Well you program a virus to insert genes into host cells to initiate a response. You transfer and infect that host cell with the genes you want it to express as protein, genes express protein. Part of the central dogma of all of this. Problem here is how eukaryotes (cells with nucleus or us) like to silence and package DNA and get rid of aberrant genetic material through genetic control mechanisms. Cell could break it down forever or move it to a very densely packaged area of genetic material that cells no longer use (euchromatin vs heterochromatin, RNAi, siRNA, etc.) Used in animals, not reliably in people yet.

My guess is no vaccine has been generated for corona viruses yet through traditional means, I’m betting that mRNA or novel vaccines will be the ones that have the best chance with vaccines being based on manufacturing region as long as it doesn’t kill people and gives above 50% effectiveness. That’s how desperate they are and the companies can charge whatever they want for them, since they will be free for public use.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

We won’t see specific information for awhile, they have to protect their intellectual property. Our only hope is that with each approval of each phase that these companies are upholding scientific integrity without spiking results. We also need to hope that all these institutional review boards aren’t participating in a conflict of interest that can skew results so they get more money for their organization.

The IRBs and associated organizations do see all of the results and evidence as documented and presented in the study which means the investigators have to be honest lol. Fingers crossed but we’ve been trying to vaccinate for the cold for decades. At least the spike protein doesn’t mutate much.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: rickymouse

We won’t see specific information for awhile, they have to protect their intellectual property. Our only hope is that with each approval of each phase that these companies are upholding scientific integrity without spiking results. We also need to hope that all these institutional review boards aren’t participating in a conflict of interest that can skew results so they get more money for their organization.

The IRBs and associated organizations do see all of the results and evidence as documented and presented in the study which means the investigators have to be honest lol. Fingers crossed but we’ve been trying to vaccinate for the cold for decades. At least the spike protein doesn’t mutate much.

You said that right. TRYING to vaccinate for the cold for many decades, they were trying to produce a vaccine for the cold in the seventies if I remember right, that did not go well, and neither did any attempt since then. The cold vaccines hurt more people than it helped

And remember, some of the common cold virus target cancer cells with their rapid metabolism and kill them...is this vaccine going to actually increase cancer rates in people over the long run?

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
True or not, they're going to have a hard time pitching it.

I fear unless it's enforced at gunpoint, huge swathes of the globe's population are going to refuse to swallow (metaphorically) this one.

Congratulations, you made a vaccine without interest.
edit on 10-11-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
A glimpse into the future ...

"What year is it?

So this is Toe-Nail November.

Remember, people grow your big toenail in awareness of Covid-19.

Grow those Toe-nails, and let's get everybody vaccinated".

No ways man, I prefer another future, anything but that ...

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
And remember, some of the common cold virus target cancer cells with their rapid metabolism and kill them...is this vaccine going to actually increase cancer rates in people over the long run?

Well, one thing is for sure, whatever negative side effect it may have, they'll never study it properly or admit to it until after it's too late (as history tells us). Possibly when they have something new to sell ye that supposedly doesn't have that side effect (or something like that).

Not studying it properly, helps with plausible deniability, especially if you're already aware of said side effect(s):

Funny that it's the same actor addressing the issue.
edit on 10-11-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

The vaccine will be made available to Democrats first if Biden wins. All of those he made promises to that can come back against him.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Every piece of crap virus that comes out of Asia - we're gonna vaccinate it back to the Stone Age.

If it comes out of Africa ... wow now, let's first put on the hazmat suits.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If the vaccine comes to me will I vaccinate?

Of course, I'm only alive because of (HIV/AIDS) science.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman .. Interesting point about viruses coming out of Africa. So far in 2020, Africa has not been nearly as hard-hit by COVID-19 as other regions in the world. Infectious disease researchers are still trying to figure out why. One theory is that those who survived infection with Ebola now have immune systems that can more easily ramp up defenses against COVID-19, but they don't really know yet.

My own theory is that many Africans don't eat a lot of highly processed Western foods. A more natural diet is much more respectful of the optimal human pH level (slightly alkaline) than are highly acidic commercial processed foods. In other words, the human immune system appears to work best when the body's pH level is neutral to slightly alkaline. Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Perhaps I might suggest that Covid-19 has an over-lap with other corona viruses.
We have an extent of cross-immunity, it seems.

edit on 11-11-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's strange hearing the news media push mask wearing harder than ever this week, like there's no vaccine on the horizon.

Fox news is talking about how 1 trillion dollars in GDP will be saved next year if everybody wore a mask.

WTAF?!

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It's hilarious to watch liberals hate on pfizer and balk at the vaccine because they hate Trump. So much for "follow the science".

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It’s good but the logistics in transporting might be a real drawback. It needs to be stored at minus 70

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
PFIZER informed JOE BIDEN about the Vaccine's testing success, before informing Government officials.

thefederalist.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Video Clip: First shipments of the new Covid-19 vaccine leaving Pfizer manufacturing plant in Portage, Michigan, on Sunday December 13th, destined for points all over America. (Approx. 2 million doses)

Video: twitter.com...

Michigan article on the Shipment: www.freep.com...

originally posted by: Willtell
I hope this is legit and works!

Pfizer is the big shot in the pharmacy world, number one. I've been to all the major pharmacies as an IT guy but never Pfizer in New York City. It’s a major corporation in the world.

These pharmaceuticals are powerful, and they’re like a world in themselves—big giant complexes with many buildings and like a small city inside the plants.

It may be no coincidence the number one pharmacy in the world got the vaccine.

Although Vaccines aren't the only answer, let's hope it will help eliminate this disease

link

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
More than 900 teens who just finished school in SA test positive for Covid-19.

Stay home for 14 days.

Why?

So that the older and diabetic people don't die?

Maybe a bit much to expect from people who have never known humanity.

citizen.co.za...
edit on 14-12-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's strange hearing the news media push mask wearing harder than ever this week

the non-stop, 24/7 covid propaganda blitzkreig all through this year has surpassed all and any previous propaganda blitzes. a literal white noise of fearmongering all day, everyday. in all media. a stupendous effort, all things considered.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Well you know Vermox is 90 percent effective, but it leaves just enough worms inside you that they don't go bankrupt?

You know, like a rat-catcher, you never kill the pregnant rats.

Tomorrow you must eat too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join