It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ammunition or textbooks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I couldn't help but notice that we have enough money to fight a war, but we can't afford to pay any more for public education.
I attend Bloom-Carroll high school in central ohio. This is an average school. The middle school is nearly 100 years old. (Built in 1910). Our district has been talking about building a new school since my mom went to high school here in the early 80's. There may never be a new school.
This year, the state of Ohio turned down dozens of proposed school levys. Some of these schools can't even afford to provide busses. If our government cares about us students, then why don't they pay more for public education?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I couldn't help but notice that we have enough money to fight a war, but we can't afford to pay any more for public education.

Check out my signature, it shows the current U.S. National debt. It's a link that brings you to the website I got it from, and it updates itself when you reload the page.

[edit on 3/17/2005 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ah don't need no books when ah is packin' muh friends Smith & Wesson.

"Bring 'em on!"

"We will get Osama bin Laden, dead or alive."

"You're either with us or against us."

Such soundbites are the only education that children need.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am very serious about this, and you have only confirmed that i am really the only one who cares about education. And because i am a student, that is just sad.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Perhaps you should appreciate that the Bushisms indicate your position is one of very appropriate and correct concern. The core messages of the Bush administration are fear and loathing, not growth and learning.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Is it more odd that i am a student that cares about education, or that bush is a president who does not. Well, thanks for your genuine concern, and thanks even more for your extreem opposition of our president.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I take ammo anyday, thanks.

Prefer .40.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I understand what you mean. When I went to school (8th grade) my school literally could not afford enough paper for all the class-rooms. PAPER! I could understand things that you dont really need, but in school you need paper. Besides that its not like paper costs a fortune.

Anyway, they also kept cutting teachers salaries and we ended up losing some of the staff their. Hard to hold school with no teachers.

I agree whole-heartedly with you, less weapons and more education.

new topics

top topics

join