It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The origin of a common belief among religions and beliefs.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

There are many examples of gods and sons of god that died, journeyed to the underworld, and rose from the dead on the third day.

Those who believe the claims also made in the Zeitgeist documentary regarding that subject, demonstrate they have a preference for blatant falsehoods (darkness) over the truth (light) of the matter. Most falsehoods/lies in this world are actually much better obscured. But because the documentary makers and those writers they reference in that documentary, make efficient use of a behavioural pattern described at 2 Timothy 4:3,4, these false stories remain popular no matter how obviously false they are or how many times they are debunked (on youtube for example).

Those in this thread clearly falling for this stuff, well, it says more about them than whatever they're talking about.

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3,4)

Proverbs 14:5-8

5 A faithful witness is one that will not lie, but a false witness launches forth mere lies.

6 The ridiculer has sought to find wisdom, and there is none; but to the understanding one knowledge is an easy thing.
[useful to keep in mind when this behaviour I described above is somehow surprising or puzzling to anyone who may read this thread; knowledge is not an easy thing for them]

7 Go away from in front of the stupid man, for you will certainly not take note of the lips of knowledge.

8 The wisdom of the shrewd is to understand his way, but the foolishness of stupid ones is deception.

The Bible also mentions that “men have loved the darkness rather than the light” (Jn 3:19) and that “there are those who rebel against light; they do not recognize its ways, and they do not follow its paths.” “They are strangers to the light. For morning is the same as deep darkness for them; they are familiar with the terrors of deep darkness.” (Job 24:13,16,17)

It warns at Isaiah 5:20,21:

Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good,

Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness,

Those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Woe to those wise in their own eyes

And discreet in their own sight!

(First, I wanted to share one of the Zeitgeist debunked/refuted videos in this comment, but then I thought, what's the point, if one hasn't caught on about these falsehoods/lies/darkness presented as truth and an enlightened view of history and religious ideas, i.e. light, deeper insight, a video debunking that which already tickled their ears according to their desires, as per 2 Timothy 4:3,4, won't wake them up to their own foolishness and gullibility* either)

*: see the quotation from Proverbs in my signature, an alternate rendering reads:

“A fool will believe anything.”—PROVERBS 14:15, TODAY’S ENGLISH VERSION.

Source: Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda! (Awake!—2000)

Some people just have a serious lack of discernment. Therefore they can't do what's described in that article as one of the ways “to evaluate any message or information that comes your way”, very well. In order to protect yourself from the types of people that the Bible calls “profitless talkers” and “deceivers of the mind”? (Titus 1:10) Terms that are quite appropiate for the makers of the Zeitgeist documentary or the writers of the material they promoted in that documentary.

Use discernment: Discernment is “acuteness of judgment.” It is “the power or faculty of the mind by which it distinguishes one thing from another.” A person with discernment perceives subtleties of ideas or things and has good judgment.

Using discernment, we will be able to recognize those who are merely using “smooth talk and complimentary speech” in order to “seduce the hearts of guileless ones.” (Romans 16:18) Discernment enables you to discard irrelevant information or misleading facts and distinguish the substance of a matter. But how can you discern when something is misleading?

Put information to the test: ...

Source: the same as before

Most people commenting in this thread aren't doing too well on the other fronts described above either.
edit on 13-11-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The symbolism dedicated to the sun might as well be as old as Civilization itself, much like how the Virgin Births are usually connected with venus an the moon. I even think certain passages in the Book of Revelations are dedicated to the Sun(the Red Dragon, as well God to extent, color shift maybe), where the woman is the moon, and her child which is chased by the dragon is Venus.

For people living closer to the polar regions, i think it would be more of a 50/50, much like sun rise an sun set. Thing for them seeing as theyd only seemingly get 2 seasons, rather then spring(birth), summer(youth), autumn(elderly) then winter(death).
edit on 13-11-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
And yet....
It was the Christian's interpretations, their doctrines, the words they spoke in their conversations, along with many, many hours reading the bible through quite a few times that caused me to believe that I had free license to search elsewhere.
And, when it seems that half the church have convinced themselves that trump was chosen by god to be the president and anyone who disagrees is doomed to hell... I really think they need to stop preaching about discernment and start practicing it themselves.
There is nothing wrong with asking questions or entertaining something new. It seems to be more destructive to go through life believing you know everything, and cant be wrong about anything.
No religion is flawless.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88
For some living in the northern most parts...
It is something around three months of no sun in the winter.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I see your point, but that giant ball of gas(if anyone even kne which has a much larger centre of gravity, that follows an spies on everyone, has plenty of mythologies.

The irony is that the sun is the main driving force behind the planet, and gets celebrated alot. It wouldn't surprise me that most myths are based off a proto religion or two, an then different adoptions an lingustics came about.

At least with Christians ended up being more animal friendly then its roots. Did you know there even a Dung Beetle god from Egypt, Khepri, and it pushes the sun like a giant ball of crap? Thunder an lighting have just about much myth an symbology behind it too.
edit on 14-11-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join