It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Analysis of the Race

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Joe Biden won a race another Democrat may have lost
link

I would like to have an objective analysis of this race.

Some lessons from the race.

For now, Biden has squashed the Democratic progressives argument that a Bernie or some other progressive could have done better than Hillary.

I think it is clear Bernie, Warren, or any other progressive dem would have lost to Trump.

All the Dems have to do mostly to win is number one, have a moderate at the top of the ticket, no radical progressive in the present or immediate future.

If the Dems choose a white southern moderate, they will nine out of ten times win. Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter prove this.

THIS IS A MODERATE COUNTRY, not a progressive or ultra-conservative country.

That’s why Trump won in 2016; he convinced people he was a Republican moderate.

And that’s why Trump wanted to run against Bernie, who I believe would have got clobbered by Trump, Warren too.

Biden won because he was perceived correctly as a moderate, not a fire breathing progressive.

What made the race close was this crazy talk by the left about defunding police and going too far over police brutality, IMO. Biden, of course, had to placate the far left somewhat in the police brutality issue but was smart enough to not go too far.

Biden probably won the race when he unequivocally came out against that political suicidal( BLM nonsensical talk about defunding the police).
TheTrump side tried and failed to nail Biden with that turkey.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Some lessons from the race.

The lessons this race taught me is that a good number of people on this site need to:
  • Take a basic civics course
  • Take a basic statistics course
  • Take a basic English course
  • Take medication

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yes Joe Biden is a political genius.

Hiding in his basement and going around like the masked bandit made all the women want him and all the men want to be him.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think this is standard political jousting. Nothing special.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: Willtell

Yes Joe Biden is a political genius.

Hiding in his basement and going around like the masked bandit made all the women want him and all the men want to be him.

I guess you're being facetious. I sure don't think Biden is a political genius.

A natural moderate who was unlike Hillary generally well-liked. Biden is though very astute politically.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Biden is nothing but a puppet, they rigged the DNC for him, now the deep state is trying to steal the election from Trump. We had nothing but 4 years of CNN, NBC, ABC, CNBC claiming Russia ROAX. That same media is now dead silent about obvious voter fraud going on. 130k votes in the middle of the night all for Biden. Voting machine software we all know is far from secure. Were becoming a banana republic, the anti-trump people do not care one bit.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I learned that many people will react in predictable patterns if the proper stimuli is presented to them; The Pavlovian response to total Qanon BS if it fits with their ideology. I was naive to think common sense would prevail over ideology and pseudo religious attraction. It was a valuable lesson learned.

HL Mencken and PT Barnum Rawks the plebes once again...may both of them RIP
edit on 8-11-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I learned that many folks here enjoy basking in hypocrisy and are taking classes in varying ways to be obtuse.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Is there an 'electiins in a nutshell' thread.. I missed the whole thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I learned that many people will react in predictable patterns if the proper stimuli is presented to them; The Pavlovian response to total Qanon BS if it fits with their ideology. I was naive to think common sense would prevail over ideology and pseudo religious attraction. It was a valuable lesson learned.

Quoted for a rather novel level of irony considering what you are going to be facing the next 4 years personally.

And the icing on the cake for me is that you voted for it.

Pavlov had more intelligent subjects.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I guess we never can stop arguing and fighting. Pavlov's dog is about and all he does is make us argue and fight.

We cant do an objective analysis of the race?

I guess not.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a doozy of a thread lol

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

People don't want to listen to facts and reality right now.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

People don't want to listen to facts and reality right now.

Especially those who make a living in the pharmaceutical business.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
Especially those who make a living in the pharmaceutical business.

If I were a pill salesmen I'd be making bank right now selling mind altering drugs to the ragers and to the deluded.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I feel Biden is just the poor sap they propped up there and pretended he was the right stuff to be a carrier to get Kamala in the white house and keep many folks out of the jail house. There are numerous reasons to suspect this much is true

The anomaly's in the election numbers

The refusal to let the process play out as it always has indicates something hidden.

The desperation of the left and the fear exerted and the sheer partisanship by folks to obstruct every action no matter how bad it makes them look.

Think of it this way the biggest percentage of the population voted in the most historic in history and so many attempts have been made to circumvent the normal process.

Started with mail-ins before the election due to covid, no attempts to debate policy and low energy events on the side of the left, During the election it was decided covid didnt matter vote anyway, Voting machines being broke down in NC, after the polls closed and folks went home before counting in what was already the biggest election turnout in history, poll watchers on both sides complaining of obstructed access unlike in previous elections. Fox among others calling states prematurely and delaying calling states clearly in the Trumps favor.

The fact that everyone is trying to rush the process and saying dont pursue the accusations and attempting to shame the right for wanting to pursue what is normal in close elections should give most the perception of guilt and desperation to hide misdeeds.

edit on 8-11-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

I don’t see anything different than 4 years ago.

Except Trump.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

That's a mighty big dog blanket you are draping over everybody, pretty much ignores individual thoughts and freedoms. Ironically much like the complete leftist agenda, if we are going to use sweeping cover all statements.

It's part of the problem hell I'm Libertarian if I have to be under one "label", I'm like a lot of people and it's used to be OK, I'm socially liberal but fiscally conservative. Even then I take issues as they come, and in our 2 party system, we are forced to prioritize those issues. I'm convinced if we voted on individual issues instead of representative candidates we would have more of a feel of the true America
edit on 8-11-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The first time in history that a presidential candidate spent more time in their basement with no press or contact, than on the campaign trail. It proves that with cheating and fraud, a steaming pile of dog crap can "win" an election. Wait for it.
edit on 8-11-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, I noticed.
It's like a war zone

I hope the civil war doesn't restart

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join