It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls for Unity, please remember them.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
As I think about this, I am far from optimistic that anything will change. But I hear the calls for unity from those who would have none of it for the last 4 years. I think this is a good thing if nothing else to be able to point to that should things change. I would like nothing more than for the United States to be UNITED again. Under a Trump presidency, there was half of the nation, programmed to hate him, told every day how horrible he was. Even to the point some (even here) have sunk low enough to believe that Trump has committed crimes and is worthy of arrest.

But the important thing is unification.

I pledge to accept the results (official results) once this is settled. I won't burn things, I won't shoot anyone. I'll accept it. As will many others.
Will you? those who are celebrating your win, will you pledge to accept the outcome, whatever it may be? Will we have unity even if things don't go your way? Or will there be continued hate and division against those who don't think the same as you?

The Media will continue to lie and drive public opinion in the direction those in charge wish for it to go. We all have to be stronger than that, seek our own truth, find facts and not be afraid to speak about them, but also be willing to listen to the other side. If you shut down all discussion, you threaten the very fabric of our nation. And the civil war some talked about, could become a reality. to avoid it, listen. You don't have to agree, you don't have to like the discussion, you don't even need to participate in it. But don't shut down others ideas.

And lastly, even if you don't like it, accept the outcome, the real one.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's so weird to hear people say that Trumps detractors were "programmed to hate him". Plenty of people didn't like him because he just isn't a super likeable person on the world stage.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Lol, they tore the country apart and now they want us to unite under their control. I don't care. I'm a nobody with no influence and I have better things to do than to fight for some rich guy who couldn't give a crap about me.
At this point, I hope Biden won fair and square because we don't need the drama from if these cry babies loose again.
edit on 8-11-2020 by AnonymousNutjob because: ..

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Yeah, the left calls for "unity" when they win, but whenever they lose they throw a temper tantrum and burn s# down.

Let me ask you something...

Do you think the left will still be calling for unity if a republican president ever gets elected again (if this republic lasts that long)??

I don't. I think they'll go right back to torching stuff and looting liquor stores...only worse this time.

I mean look, the left talks about "unity", but in the same breath AOC is talking about making lists of all Trump supporters.

Trust me, if the left had their way, calls for unity or not, they would not hesitate one NY second to round up every single conservative in this country and put them in a concentration camp...and don't think for one second they wouldn't!!!

Do you think you'll still agree with the unity theme when Biden issues a flurry of EO's stripping you of your rights, savaging the Constitution and stealing your money? What will you think then when he calls for unity?

So no, the left can straight-up suck it! Obstruct in every way humanly possible! That's what they've done, non-stop, for four years. Hammer time!

Once a dog has rabies you can't cure it. The only cure is to kill it! And you may think I'm talking about the democrats, but I'm not. That's how the democrats view YOU and all the rest of the conservatives!! The democrats won't stop until they cut out your throat and sever your head!! YOU are a cancer which must be ERADICATED COMPLETELY, and only death will do!

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

It's so weird to hear people say that Trumps detractors were "programmed to hate him". Plenty of people didn't like him because he just isn't a super likeable person on the world stage.

That's kind of it. Most won't realize it, or admit it.
Trump is abrasive, egotistical, and a general asshole. We all seem to agree on that just fine. For some reason, the left ignores the part where we on the right agree with that. But the left rails on against his personality, while the right talks about his accomplishments.

When pressed about what policies he has enacted that you don't like, we get personality traits, not policy. And when that doesn't work, it turns into some mystical crimes he has done, but somehow eluded an entire system heel bent on ending him BAMN.

I say all this with a tiny glimmer of hope that there are enough people who care about truth and fair elections that will either point out the fraud, or show that it's non existent. Yes I have a hard time believing that just enough Americans hated Trump so bad that they would elect Joe over him. But my beliefs don't mean anything outside of my head.

I would like for everyone to come together, get back to being critical of the government, and stop being tools used by the MSM. Whomever is president.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

The trouble is, the lefts version of unity is, " You must agree with everything we say and do period." Who's the media going to hate on next?

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Hundred percent agreement here; he is terse, brusque, glib and has an abrasive personality.

However, if that somehow grants license in one's mind for his political foes to fabricate "Russian collusion", broadcast non-stop negative coverage in the MSM, tolerate a discourse where Trump is called every name in the book whilst his opponents are treated with kid gloves, blame Trump for policies that his very predecessors embraced, then that person is not being genuine or honest.

Trump not being likable is not a fair explanation for the MSM's contrived and coordinated hit job that they've been running for 4 years.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Trump wins his court challenges.

Those snipbags won't be calling for unity.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, the left calls for "unity" when they win, but whenever they lose they throw a temper tantrum and burn s# down.

Let me ask you something...

Do you think the left will still be calling for unity if a republican president ever gets elected again (if this republic lasts that long)??

I don't. I think they'll go right back to torching stuff and looting liquor stores...only worse this time.

I mean look, the left talks about "unity", but in the same breath AOC is talking about making lists of all Trump supporters.

Trust me, if the left had their way, calls for unity or not, they would not hesitate one NY second to round up every single conservative in this country and put them in a concentration camp...and don't think for one second they wouldn't!!!

Do you think you'll still agree with the unity theme when Biden issues a flurry of EO's stripping you of your rights, savaging the Constitution and stealing your money? What will you think then when he calls for unity?

So no, the left can straight-up suck it! Obstruct in every way humanly possible! That's what they've done, non-stop, for four years. Hammer time!

Once a dog has rabies you can't cure it. The only cure is to kill it! And you may think I'm talking about the democrats, but I'm not. That's how the democrats view YOU and all the rest of the conservatives!! The democrats won't stop until they cut out your throat and sever your head!! YOU are a cancer which must be ERADICATED COMPLETELY, and only death will do!

you aren't wrong, but remember, most of these people are normal reasonable folks who just aren't smart enough to break the bonds of the programing. I don't know how to stop the MSM machine from doing what it does, but while these folks may act like the enemy, they aren't. They are just ate up with smug. The balance of power swings back and forth. But in all this, knowing who the true enemy is, is paramount. it's not the people, it's the media.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

We'd never make it to one.

They would round us up in a killing field shoot and leave us to rot and be picked at by vultures.

They absolutely HATE us with a sickening passion.
edit on 8-11-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Trump wins his court challenges.

Those snipbags won't be calling for unity.

that's such a long shot, it's hardly even worth discussing. But in the event that does happen, we can at least all agree that we need to be unified. Can't we? Even if we aren't on the winning team?

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

We've never been unified.

And will never be unified as long as identity politics keeps being shoved down our throats 24/7.

The entire point is to have us at us at each other throats.

To rule by decree.

edit on 8-11-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I won't burn things, I won't shoot anyone.

Come on, this sounds super boring.

Not even a getting the fire pit going and letting you plink me with a pellet gun?

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Plenty of people didn't like him because he just isn't a super likeable person on the world stage.

A true US citizen doesn't give a rat's a__ about "the world stage"

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If unity involves the mobilizing of jack boot thugs (Antifa + BLM), the taking over of the media and spewing propaganda 99 percent of the time, and allowing this flawed man with questionable motives and morals it reminds me of a history lesson involving Germany. With the masses like Anna who refuse to educate themselves then the world has a very bleak future ahead.

Rise of the 4th Reich anyone.

Like the Jews the well to do including the upper middle are greedy evil people the parallels to history are frightening.

Systematic racism makes the white folk evil people they must pay for their sins!!! (the wording is so similar)
edit on 8-11-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Any calls for "unity" by any Democrat is a ruse.

They have never lived up to any "unity" other than foreign special interests that share profits.

Trust Democrats and see what happens (refer to 2009-2010) 🚨

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Or even worse 1933

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Oh, I will remember these calls for unity.

I'll also remember the litany of derogatory terms and obscene descriptions that these people calling for unity used against me, my family and friends for the last 4+ years.

It's easy to be the nice guy when you think you're winning and riding high on perceived success. What really defines a person is how they behave when they are enduring what they perceive as adversity.

EDIT: tl;dr - I don't trust any of them further than I can kick them.
edit on 8-11-2020 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join