It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Companies now using human cages, er, "privacy pods"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Joshua Fluke is a young web developer that creates some pretty good content about the tech industry. He has a segment called "corporate cringe" on his YouTube channel. He talks frankly about the 'real' corporate world. The evil side. The greed, the deceit, and the manipulation of employees, and the way the corporations will try to justify it, when it cannot be justified. Some of the stuff that companies do is so insane that I think I'm reading satire till I see the content has been vetted. These corporate ads look like comedy sketches, something you'd see on SNL.

One aspect of this 'corporate cringe' that he likes to mock is the ridiculous metrics that companies will cite. Companies will say things like "this policy we've implemented has resulted in a 65% increase in employee happiness."

When covid hit and people began working from home, Joshua did a segment about how companies ordered employess to leave their web cams on at all times so the company could ensure said employees were not goofing off. Many employees working remotely said they had less privacy than if they had been in the office.

Seizing this golden opportunity, a couple of companies began manufacturing these human cages, which they sell at hilarious prices. A small private "safe-office" which seats four people can cost $35,000. The cage makers offer cute names like "Betty's Cafe" and "Me Time", and tout the fun, designer colors and other cool options you can order the cages with.

In the vid, Joshua points out the absurdity of this new phenomena.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons I retired from corporate America and started my own business. Corporate schmoozes like the guy selling his outhouse offices and the stupidity of corporate stooges who always seem to be in charge despite their soul-sucking policies that crush the human spirit.

new topics

join