It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicion of fraud has darkened the USA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Humbaba

Your suggestions on how this could have been handled better are realistic.
And as you say, there may be better guidelines that could have been followed but I think that point is moot.

You should have been working for the Trump administration way back in March when it was clear to the president that this virus was much worse than he let on in public. Had you and your ideas been set the task to protect the national elections from fraud and coordinate things in a lawful manner then we would not see the questionable situations we see now.

However

You did not work for the Trump Administration hence your ideas did not get implemented. And that is the point here. Not only did YOU not implement guidance for this election, NO ONE DID.

Was there anyone given the task to make sure that the inconsistencies this election have brought to light would be straightened out? I am aware of none.

This should have been the responsibility of the Trump administration yet there was no responsible action or course taken other than Trump whining about fraud. What did he do to make sure there was none. Where was his team with a leader to make sure the problems you so clearly observe did not take place. Simply, there was none. This is Trump's failure.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humbaba
a reply to: underwerks

You know well that I am describing the mail-in ballot system conceived by Pelosi during the early months of the Coronavirus pandemic. You also know well that the absentee ballot system in place before the pandemic has a series of checks and balances to insure the appearance of propriety. The mail-in ballot system of 2020 does not.

I would like to thank you for providing an example of the disingenuous behavior I alluded to in my OP.

What changes did Nancy Pelosi institute in the mail in voting system?

I searched, but the only thing I could find is where she stopped changes in the system that the Trump admin was using to try and slow it down.

Please elaborate and link to what you’re talking about.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Your suggestions on how this could have been handled better are realistic.
And as you say, there may be better guidelines that could have been followed but I think that point is moot.

You should have been working for the Trump administration way back in March when it was clear to the president that this virus was much worse than he let on in public. Had you and your ideas been set the task to protect the national elections from fraud and coordinate things in a lawful manner then we would not see the questionable situations we see now.

However

You did not work for the Trump Administration hence your ideas did not get implemented. And that is the point here. Not only did YOU not implement guidance for this election, NO ONE DID.

Was there anyone given the task to make sure that the inconsistencies this election have brought to light would be straightened out? I am aware of none.

This should have been the responsibility of the Trump administration yet there was no responsible action or course taken other than Trump whining about fraud. What did he do to make sure there was none. Where was his team with a leader to make sure the problems you so clearly observe did not take place. Simply, there was none. This is Trump's failure.

Good points. I only disagree with the assertion this is all on Trump. In fact I would say the blame lies solely on the House and Senate. They have the power to insure the election vis a vis mail-in ballots was carried out faithfully. Instead we have a legislative body that cannot come together to compromise on what tea should be served during session. Im being facetious but I don't think that statement is far from the truth. I suppose Trump could have ramroded and EO through but i doubt that would have worked or went over well.

On the plus side perhaps the Trump team will see your praise and offer me a job.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Even if there is an investigation, and they find any criminal activity it'll probably be too late, and they'll just brush it under the rug. Just look at Bush Jr, and Obama.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It's November 6th. Who's the president? Do you know? There's your proof.
edit on 6-11-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Humbaba

You know well that I am describing the mail-in ballot system conceived by Pelosi during the early months of the Coronavirus pandemic. You also know well that the absentee ballot system in place before the pandemic has a series of checks and balances to insure the appearance of propriety. The mail-in ballot system of 2020 does not.

I would like to thank you for providing an example of the disingenuous behavior I alluded to in my OP.

What changes did Nancy Pelosi institute in the mail in voting system?

I searched, but the only thing I could find is where she stopped changes in the system that the Trump admin was using to try and slow it down.

Please elaborate and link to what you’re talking about.

Your right. Poor choice of wording on my part. I should have said the mail-in ballot system she advocated for. I can't provide what you ask because this is a disaster of epic proportions that i'd guess thousands of uncooperating buerocrats had a hand in divising. It is clear the system used this election is flawed. I also beleive the safegaurds of the absentee ballot system were not used for the ballots this election. No proof. Just suspicions. The next step is an investigation after which evidence would be found condemning or vindicating the system. That is where the situation is at this point. What will be done about it remains to be seen.

Fixed it.
edit on 6-11-2020 by Humbaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

At this point the presidency no longer concerns me. It is the system itself that needs to be investigated. The complete ballot process from begining to end. It is hopelessly flawed in my opinion. To be more moderate i'd say the system is suspect, at best. Where we go from here is the question.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yeah, Congress. I found this.

ballotpedia.org...(2020)

Election rules vary widely among states because states, rather than the federal government, play the primary role in creating policy on elections administration. State legislatures and ballot measures create many of the rules governing ballot access, voter registration, and vote counting.[1]

A Congressional Research Service report described the states' role in setting elections administration policy in the following way:
“ States typically have primary responsibility for making decisions about the rules of elections (policymaking). Localities typically have primary responsibility for conducting elections in accordance with those rules (implementation).[1][2] ”

The states’ authority to set elections policy encompasses not just state and local elections but also congressional elections. The Elections Clause in Article I of the U.S. Constitution gives states the power to set the “Times, Places, and Manner” of congressional elections. According to a common interpretation, the clause allows states to create “rules concerning public notices, voter registration, voter protection, fraud prevention, vote counting, and determination of election results.”[3] However, the clause also holds that any laws Congress may pass regulating congressional elections would preempt state law.[3]

States can also delegate certain decisions to local elections authorities, creating more variation in elections processes. For example, while states set standards for voting technology, they may leave the choice of which voting machines to buy to local officials.[1] At the local level, county governments are most commonly responsible for election administration, rather than city or town governments. According to one estimate, more than 10,000 local entities administrate elections in the U.S.[4]

From that comes this summation.

First, ''according to a common interpretation, the clause allows states to create “rules concerning public notices, voter registration, voter protection, fraud prevention, vote counting, and determination of election results.”''[3]

Second, '' However, the clause also holds that any laws Congress may pass regulating congressional elections would preempt state law.' ''

So even as these irregularities that we see ARE due to the variety of rules established by not only States but municipalities as well, any regulation set by Congress could supersede them. So yes, as you point out. Congress. And to my point, yes, Trump could have had a team put together to make plans that could have been made in short order way back in March and pressed for a congressional initiative.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I also beleive the safegaurds of the absentee ballot system were not used for the ballots this election. No proof. Just suspicions.

Ah, so no proof. Just suspicion. Because Democrats.

I think I got it.

Funny you would call me disingenuous.
edit on 6-11-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Outstanding post. Your right about what Trump should have done. We'll never know how it would have turned out. A safe bet would have been the gridlock that infects the legislature. Therefore, nothing. A man can dream though.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I also beleive the safegaurds of the absentee ballot system were not used for the ballots this election. No proof. Just suspicions.

Ah, so no proof. Just suspicion. Because Democrats.

I think I got it.

Funny you would call me disingenuous.

I think that accusation is on the mark. I brought up one democrat. Pelosi. You pointed out I was in error and I agreed. I then elaborated on my view which you have conveiniently ignored to insert a partisan barb at me while disregarding my assertions. Therefore, disingenuous.

I beleive these suspicions of election impropriety merit investigation. I gave you reasons for that belief. You do not. We are at an impasse.

I can do no more.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
As a center-left person myself, you better bet something stinks and it's not the cats peeing on the car outside

a reply to: Rekrul

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Right you are. Dreams and hopes and acting in accordance I guess.
Best to you Mr. Baba

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join