It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China, Russia to 'Rehearse invasion of Taiwan'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It is not a case of CHina playing into the hands of U.S.

It is a cosy mutual arrangement.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
But I wonder why China would play into the hands of the US? Maybe they're not smart enough to realize that their pride in regards to the Taiwan issue and their passing the use of force against Taiwan is just what our government wants them to do. And all those paranoid "get ready for WWIII" people here are also playing into the hands of the US government, it's a great idea to feed the fears of the US citizens so they put up no opposition to the spending on the "missile defense program" that may be used as a trojan horse to weaponize space. Keep alive the "US will be destroyed by China and Russia" fantasy, the US government thanks you for it. Keep the fear, and the defense budget, alive.

Interesting, how long do you think it'll be befor space is weaponised?... I think that'll be S-H-I-T ... Once that happens the US will own the world!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruth123
Dam european governments selling weapons to china what the hell is wrong them. Lame idiots. What if china set's it's eye's on europe? America could be waiting for china to attack, so it can counter attack. Then take china.

New World Order wants no rivals.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by TheTruth123]
]

What is with this Paranoia of u americans??? China has commercial interests in the US and Europe!they dont want to invade,why the hell would they??.
Its americas fear the Chinnees will get more powerfull then the US.

And they will get more powerful, the age of america is gonna be over soon, so just get over it and stop being sore loosers.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
not alone??

Yes. Not alone. Not by a longshot.

whos gonna help u defend taiwan??

Well, let's see, for sure Taiwan, and Japan.

Most likely Australia:

Were a conflict to erupt in the Taiwan Strait, Australia could also be drawn in because the 53-year-old ANZUS Treaty obliges Canberra to support the U.S. in the event of an armed attack in the Pacific.
www.cnsnews.com...\ForeignBureaus\archive\200503\FOR20050315a.html

And regardless of your own personal feelings, the UK and US have been and will continue to be close allies, it is my opinion that an attack on either is an attack on both.

Now for the not so close relationship between Russia and China, historical enemies:

Nor would Moscow ignore an attack on Taiwan. On the contrary, a foreign diplomat here argues that military action across the straits could provide Moscow an excuse to sell oil exclusively to Japan. Russia is not desirous of China developing quickly into a superpower; it can use oil as a stick, not a carrot, in the relationship. An aggressive China "presses a lot of old historical buttons," for Russia says one diplomat. A pipeline across Siberia that may well branch off to both China and Japan could be scrapped - leaving Japan the sole beneficiary. Oil is a highly sensitive question in Beijing: China reportedly has only a 20-day reserve, and is now 75 percent reliant on the Middle East.
www.csmonitor.com...

The US are the only ones to risk a nuclear war.

What an blatantly ignorant and unfounded statement. The US advised Taiwan NOT to formally declare independence, but will defend Taiwan if China decides to attack. So if China attacks, IT will be risking nuclear war, not the US. And their 20 missiles to our tens of thousands do not add up to good odds for China.

It isnt americas business really.
So the US can invade any country that they want based on lies and the rest have to just role over and other countries that have domestic disputes cant do anything. Thats hypocritical narcisme at is fullest.
I cant take you seroiusly if you cant even see objectively that u r using different standards to interprete the situation.

America is good and almight and the others are evil and up to no good,right!!?
If that isnt misplaced arrogance than what is??

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

But I wonder why China would play into the hands of the US? Maybe they're not smart enough to realize that their pride in regards to the Taiwan issue and their passing the use of force against Taiwan is just what our government wants them to do. And all those paranoid "get ready for WWIII" people here are also playing into the hands of the US government, it's a great idea to feed the fears of the US citizens so they put up no opposition to the spending on the "missile defense program" that may be used as a trojan horse to weaponize space. Keep alive the "US will be destroyed by China and Russia" fantasy, the US government thanks you for it. Keep the fear, and the defense budget, alive.

Interesting, how long do you think it'll be befor space is weaponised?... I think that'll be S-H-I-T ... Once that happens the US will own the world!

I think it is already the case my friend

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

And they will get more powerful, the age of america is gonna be over soon, so just get over it and stop being sore loosers.

Yeah...that will be the day. Just like the Soviets who tough they could keep up with us, look what happened to them

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Yeah...that will be the day. Just like the Soviets who tough they could keep up with us, look what happened to them

The soviets were doomed cause of communism, they lost due too lack of money.nothing more nothing less.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
It isnt americas business really.

Um, yes it is. Are you saying Taiwan does not want our help in the event of an attack by China? If the Taiwanese asked America not to intervene, I'm sure we would repsect that, but I don't think that's the case, if I'm wrong please show me the information I'm missing.

So the US can invade any country that they want based on lies and the rest have to just role over and other countries that have domestic disputes cant do anything.

If Iraq had asked Russia or China to help defend against U.S. aggression, and they agreed, I doubt you would have cried foul, I know you wouldn't have, you would've been overjoyed.

Thats hypocritical narcisme at is fullest.

See above. I suppose you're saying that only America is hypocritical? I suppose you're saying that you have never applied a standard that you yourself have not lived up to? That's quite an achievement, you should be very proud.

I cant take you seroiusly if you cant even see objectively that u r using different standards to interprete the situation.

Not all situations are the same, no particular standard can be applied to all situations. And just curious, why would you need to take me seriously? I was simply posting my opinion just like everybody else. Perhaps you shouldn't take yourself so seriously, after all, none of our opinions really mean squat. My government, as well as yours, is out for itself and will do whatever promotes its own agenda while (not so effectively) creating the illusion that we citizens pull the strings. The world has always been a ruthless place where back stabbing and violence rules the day, and it has been long before the U.S. was established, and will be long after the U.S. is gone. I guess we're just the hatred and envy flavor of the month.

America is good and almight and the others are evil and up to no good,right!!?

Not even close. America is evil and up to no good, just like the others, it's just a matter of who can project their evil no good intentions most effectively, right now, we do. You make a mistake when you assume I am some blind patriot who believes we are the force of good in the world.

If that isnt misplaced arrogance than what is??

Well, maybe misplaced arrogance is being so sure you know everything behind what is happening in the world, yet obviously you do not, because you blindly hate and fault a country for ensuring it's survival by any means necessary, but fail to realize your own government would likely do the same if it were in the position to do so. Do you believe your government would not? If you do, you would be naive as well as arrogant. But I do understand your hatred, spurred by fear, and if China and Russia defeat the U.S. like so many here are hoping, you can start to fear and hate Chinese or Russians, whichever of the two come out on top of the inevitable power struggle that will surely ensue.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well, maybe misplaced arrogance is being so sure you know everything behind what is happening in the world, yet obviously you do not, because you blindly hate and fault a country for ensuring it's survival by any means necessary, but fail to realize your own government would likely do the same if it were in the position to do so. Do you believe your government would not? If you do, you would be naive as well as arrogant. But I do understand your hatred, spurred by fear, and if China and Russia defeat the U.S. like so many here are hoping, you can start to fear and hate Chinese or Russians, whichever of the two come out on top of the inevitable power struggle that will surely ensue.

Which is why the Chinese have always stated that they do not wish to be the top 2 dogs in the world. The Chinese would much perfer to be 3rd dog and remain neutral in everything.

Look at the UN record, China has abstained more then any other nation.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
If the middle east exploded, it would give them tactical advantage to invade. If we attempt to fight on 2 fronts I do not feel we could win without a nuclear option just like WW2.

The problem is that by using a nuclear option you would trigger the others' nuclear options. Remember WW2? Japan didn't have nukes. Now we are dealing with countries able to respond the same way!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
China likes to prepare for an invasion with the Russians but when Taiwan ask the U.S. for help in prepare its defenses, you guys cry foul. Taiwan is not going to roll over and play dead they will defend themselves and if that includes asking the U.S. for help its their right.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
China likes to prepare for an invasion with the Russians but when Taiwan ask the U.S. for help in prepare its defenses, you guys cry foul. Taiwan is not going to roll over and play dead they will defend themselves and if that includes asking the U.S. for help its their right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join