It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China, Russia to 'Rehearse invasion of Taiwan'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There is no reason for us to invade mainland China, and it would be defensive in nature. A Chinese-Russian alliance with Syria and Iran is not as far feteched as we think either. If there was an invasion of Iran, would there be troops sent? We already know they provide weapons....

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Russia would be insane to get involved in the Taiwan situation. And wecomeinpeace is right, they've never really gotten along that well with China, even during the Soviet era.

quess again, the cold war never really ceased to excist, the americans thought it did and thought they could do anything.Putin came to power and he aint letting the USA take over the world. Russia has alot of aces held behind and is letting dubya know they mean business.

You arrogant americans still think russia is mere a pawn in this game, its not. They might be economical and technological behind the USA but with China they are atleast as powerfull as the US. Russia now will be a friend of who ever opposes US world domination.

This is the prelude to WW3 people .......

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Originally posted by esdad71
They (China and Russia) have deals with Syria, Iran and they want Tiawan. All 3 of these places are on our radar.

I'm not saying your thoughts are completely wrong, and a Sino-Russian alliance for mutual gain cannot be ruled out 100%, but Russia has absolutely no monetary or strategic gain to be made by assisting China in an invasion of Taiwan. They also have no historical reason to do so either.

China may well take advantage of an otherwise distracted U.S to attack Taiwan, but Russia wouldn't have a bar of it. They simply have no good reason. In fact, they have every reason to stay out of it. Pointing out Russian and Chinese common interests in the Middle-East doesn't then prove Russia's willingness to get involved in a pointless and potentially disastrous war. I can't see it happening, but you never know. Like you said, no one thought the wall would crumble, or that America would be attacked on her own soil.

Boy oh boy, have you lot to learn....Russia has everything to gain with China to invade Taiwan. Ur just not smart enough to see it just as most americans.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Good luck getting by the US Navy.

Put (4) Los Angeles class attack submarines in the South China Sea and watch what happens to the Chinese invasion force....watch their harbors get mined....watch as their tin-can navy gets blown out of the water.

The US Navy will knock the Chinese and Russians flat on their butts in an open war...Im not worried about those punks. They better be worried about us!! We're not gonna stand by like French Clowns and watch our friends get invaded.

Maximu§

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
A lot of people are saying that if China invades Taiwan, we'll have to invade the mainland and go head to head with them. Not true. If China does invade Taiwan, America will only defend Taiwan. In other words, we won't touch the mainland but attack forces inside Taiwan or headed for Taiwan. It would be a defensive campaign coupled with an offensive one to liberate Taiwan, but no, there would be no invasion of China.

I agree with sweatmonica, The US will play a defensive roll and and will not have to fight a war with the mainland China. The US will fight off any incoming forces for as long as we need to until China comes to agreement. I doubt any of this will even happen in the future so I'm not to worried about it. When the issue is more widely reported then we should start worrying about a war with China. I haven't seen many stories about this on the news and I usually watch the news every night and this certainly isn't being reported as much as stories with NK, Iraq, Iran, and syria. I think Taiwan should just stay quiet about independence so that they don't give China the reason to go to war. China said they would invade if Taiwan if they made their independence public. In my opinion they are already Independent it's just not "official", so my advice to them is to just shut their mouths to prevent war. If China just decides to attack, support for their war will not be excepted around the world like the invasion of Iraq.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
You arrogant americans still think russia is mere a pawn in this game, its not. They might be economical and technological behind the USA but with China they are atleast as powerfull as the US. Russia now will be a friend of who ever opposes US world domination.

Us arrogant Americans are not going to be alone in this fight if it occurs, so there goes your "atleast as powerfull" theory. Your ignorance shines through if you think Russia is looking out for anybody but themselves, but I guess the end of human civilization would be a good way to oppose US world domination. You almost seem to be excited about "the prelude to WW3", but I got a little news for you, whatever country you reside in will come under nuclear winter, as will the rest of the world if the conflict escalates to that level, and it would have to if China and Russia even remotely hope not to be defeated by the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Taiwan, etc. And that's if Russia decides to commit suicide so China can keep Taiwan, the Chinese themselves only have about 20 missiles capable of hitting the US mainland, whereas we have roughly 6,000 aimed at China. However, Taiwan has made no indication that they plan to declare independence so all this "arrogant Americans" BS is a bit premature, as it stands there is no change to the status quo, just China trying to maintain national pride with the passing of the use of force law.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I doubt any nuclear missles could ever hit America since they would have to cross the Pacific and Ally nations. Most likely we have Anti-Nuclear missle defenses scatered all accross the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It'll be the end of the world if any two nuclear powers in the world fight... Because you'd find that most countries have a "Do or Die" policy... Where by; if they cant have the world, no one else can either...

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Fox
I doubt any nuclear missles could ever hit America since they would have to cross the Pacific and Ally nations. Most likely we have Anti-Nuclear missle defenses scatered all accross the world.

you really think the us missile deffence could handle all the nukes thrown at it from subs and silo's?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
There is no reason for us to invade mainland China, and it would be defensive in nature.

Of course the US and potential alliance have a very good reason to invade mainland China. All the bases, factorys and infrastructure is there. They (US) wont just wait for the attack after attack. They will have to atack chinese military instalations on the mainland. And that is an invasion.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The US says it wants Taiwan to wait two weeks before the US will come in and help them... Taiwan says it can only guarantee 10 days...

Why do you think the US wants to wait?

My theory is, they dont care what happens to Taiwan in the long run, they are just looking after numero-uno! And if it means an embarrassing defeat, they wont get involved...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Americans won't help Taiwan because that would overstrech their military capabilities and they still have main force in Iraq. Also EU is going to sell advanced weaponry to the Cinese in the near future. I guess asian boys will have to fix this situation by themselves.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Us arrogant Americans are not going to be alone in this fight if it occurs, so there goes your "atleast as powerfull" theory. Your ignorance shines through if you think Russia is looking out for anybody but themselves, but I guess the end of human civilization would be a good way to oppose US world domination. You almost seem to be excited about "the prelude to WW3", but I got a little news for you, whatever country you reside in will come under nuclear winter, as will the rest of the world if the conflict escalates to that level, and it would have to if China and Russia even remotely hope not to be defeated by the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Taiwan, etc. And that's if Russia decides to commit suicide so China can keep Taiwan, the Chinese themselves only have about 20 missiles capable of hitting the US mainland, whereas we have roughly 6,000 aimed at China. However, Taiwan has made no indication that they plan to declare independence so all this "arrogant Americans" BS is a bit premature, as it stands there is no change to the status quo, just China trying to maintain national pride with the passing of the use of force law.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by 27jd]

not alone??

whos gonna help u defend taiwan??not Nato or the UK independently, they wont want ww3.The US are the only ones to risk a nuclear war.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Guys, like i said these type of threads are pre-mature.

Russia-China Update

Hong Kong Phoenix Satellite TV reported on March 20 that China and Russia would conduct a joint military exercise named “Friendship 2005” in August and September on the Shandong peninsula, close to the Korea peninsula, and the West Sea (Yellow Sea in Chinese). ...

The Phoenix Satellite TV added that the Chinese government originally suggested the Zhejiang area close to Taiwan as an exercise location, but the Russian government, worried over the opposition from U.S. and Japan as well as Taiwan, selected another location.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Dam european governments selling weapons to china what the hell is wrong them. Lame idiots. What if china set's it's eye's on europe? America could be waiting for china to attack, so it can counter attack. Then take china.

New World Order wants no rivals.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by TheTruth123]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
"We're not gonna stand by like French Clowns and watch our friends get invaded. "

Well it wasn't only the french it was the british that got driven out of france by the german army. So correct term's you can state the british was just as weak.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

not alone??

Yes. Not alone. Not by a longshot.

whos gonna help u defend taiwan??

Well, let's see, for sure Taiwan, and Japan.

Most likely Australia:

Were a conflict to erupt in the Taiwan Strait, Australia could also be drawn in because the 53-year-old ANZUS Treaty obliges Canberra to support the U.S. in the event of an armed attack in the Pacific.
www.cnsnews.com...\ForeignBureaus\archive\200503\FOR20050315a.html

And regardless of your own personal feelings, the UK and US have been and will continue to be close allies, it is my opinion that an attack on either is an attack on both.

Now for the not so close relationship between Russia and China, historical enemies:

Nor would Moscow ignore an attack on Taiwan. On the contrary, a foreign diplomat here argues that military action across the straits could provide Moscow an excuse to sell oil exclusively to Japan. Russia is not desirous of China developing quickly into a superpower; it can use oil as a stick, not a carrot, in the relationship. An aggressive China "presses a lot of old historical buttons," for Russia says one diplomat. A pipeline across Siberia that may well branch off to both China and Japan could be scrapped - leaving Japan the sole beneficiary. Oil is a highly sensitive question in Beijing: China reportedly has only a 20-day reserve, and is now 75 percent reliant on the Middle East.
www.csmonitor.com...

The US are the only ones to risk a nuclear war.

What an blatantly ignorant and unfounded statement. The US advised Taiwan NOT to formally declare independence, but will defend Taiwan if China decides to attack. So if China attacks, IT will be risking nuclear war, not the US. And their 20 missiles to our tens of thousands do not add up to good odds for China.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by Grey Fox

you really think the us missile deffence could handle all the nukes thrown at it from subs and silo's?

If it was China only launching, they only have a few dozen. Assuming there is some sort of missle shield up, it's probably good money that 1/3 or 1/2 could be taken out.

Now, the question is why in the flying # would China wage nuclear war with the US?

The US has more ICBMs in it's Pacific fleet of SSBNs then all of China combined. That is not even to mention the THOUSANDS of warheads in ICBMs, or the THOUSANDS of bombs that could be dropped by B-2's, B-1's, and B-52's.

No, there will be no nuclear war. The US can beat China head to head in either a conventional or nuclear war. China can only lose if it goes nuclear.

If your China, would you go to nuclear war with the US - your vast nuclear superior - over Taiwan? I think not.

BTW - China doesn't stand a chance. To invade Taiwan would require a massive buildup. That would countered by putting CBGs near Taiwan, and increasing the overall USN presence.

At that point it's game over. Chinas navy doesn't stand a chance against the USN.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If China wanted war with the United States, it would have built up it's nuclear arsenal.

The fact that it only still maintains dozens of missiles that could hit the US is a sign of restraint. China could easily have hundreds or thousands of those missiles, but it would just chew up money.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I came across this article in which the author may be correct, this whole China threat may be just the excuse our government needs to dominate space as well as earth:

Try regional instability. Today the US arms all sides in the Middle East and the region is total chaos. The US is now moving to create the same situation in the Asian-Pacific region by expanding US military operations in that part of the world and by selling weapons to South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia and more.
The Washington Post, in a May 26, 2000 article, stated that the US will now begin to "manage China." Today the US is widening and lengthening the runways on Guam and Wake Island in the Pacific to handle the B- I and B-2 bombers. Cruise missiles are being prepositioned on Guam and a new program, Theatre Missile Defense (TMD), is being planned for deployment surrounding China.
China has 20 nuclear missiles capable of hitting the continental US while we have 7,500 that could "hit" China back. Unlike Russia, which is now fully under the control of the IMF and World Bank and is virtually surrounded by an expanding NATO, China remains the one independent actor in the world today not fully under US corporate control.
TMD systems would be forward deployed on the air, land, and sea and would allow the US to virtually surround the coastal regions of China. TMD systems are designed to immediately hit missiles in what is called their "boost phase." Deploying TMD systems around China will force them to decide if they should respond by increasing their own military capability, thus giving the US weapons industry the gift they are after-a new enemy and the justification for a new arms race.

The underlying issue at hand is corporate global control and domination. The US Space Command is viewed as the new military arm of the corporate globalization effort. The Vision for 2020 states that due to current economic realities the gap between "haves and have nots" will be widening in coming years. As a result, the Space Command maintains that there will be more regional instability as workers organize to oppose slave labor working conditions and a loss of democratic rights. By developing the new program of "control and domination" from space, the US Pentagon intends to suppress any "regional" hotspot without having to commit major troop deployments. All warfare on the Earth is now coordinated from space. Those who control space will be in a position to be the Masters of Space and the Earth.

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

Kinda interesting. But I wonder why China would play into the hands of the US? Maybe they're not smart enough to realize that their pride in regards to the Taiwan issue and their passing the use of force against Taiwan is just what our government wants them to do. And all those paranoid "get ready for WWIII" people here are also playing into the hands of the US government, it's a great idea to feed the fears of the US citizens so they put up no opposition to the spending on the "missile defense program" that may be used as a trojan horse to weaponize space. Keep alive the "US will be destroyed by China and Russia" fantasy, the US government thanks you for it. Keep the fear, and the defense budget, alive.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by 27jd]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join