It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little love for Veterans!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
www.blogs.va.gov...

Veterans and Gold Star Families will be granted free access to national parks, wildlife refuges and other Federal lands managed by the Department of the Interior starting on Veterans Day this year and every day onward.

I consider this great news. It may help get some folks out and moving around our beautiful nation to see it's treasures.
One of my favorite's so far is Acadia national forest, in Bar Harbor Maine. Some great hiking, views are amazing, and there was cold beer in town after all the hiking. Getting in for free will be a nice treat next time.

edit on 5-11-2020 by network dude because: where the hell is my beer?

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sweet 🤙 I like not paying for stuff

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is a great thing to hear. I am happy to hear someone thought of this and made it happen.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
from what I read on military.com is that you have to have some kind of card stating also if you're disabled and I believe is it might have been 100% disabled at the present time.
As a US veteran I was really happy to hear it until I read the fine print.
But it is a starting point for US US veterans where it will lead to I don't know.
Although I don't live in the states I do carry a US veterans medical card I don't know if that would qualify me for getting into any of the national parks for free but I sure would try it if I was there that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
from what I read on military.com is that you have to have some kind of card stating also if you're disabled and I believe is it might have been 100% disabled at the present time.
As a US veteran I was really happy to hear it until I read the fine print.
But it is a starting point for US US veterans where it will lead to I don't know.
Although I don't live in the states I do carry a US veterans medical card I don't know if that would qualify me for getting into any of the national parks for free but I sure would try it if I was there that's for sure.

I have
"Veteran" status on my Drivers License. I had to present my DD214 when I got my license renewed. I was surprised at how many people notice it and thank me for my service.

new topics

top topics

join