It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joss Whedon has signed on to write and direct the Wonder Woman movie

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Casting movies is one of the most important things we do here at BelowTopSecret.com!

We need to see more starlets pronto.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Okay. Adriana Lima for Wonder Girl!

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
How about Shannen Doherty?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I can see Shannon as Wondergirl!

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
OK, this is out there but consider the criteria:

Dark hair,
Kick ass,
Hot babe.

Debbie Dunning! The Tool Girl.

Let's discuss this one folks.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
My Vote goes to Lucy Lawless.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The casting requirements to play the role of Wonder Woman:

Actress must be at least 5'9 or taller (not petite)
Actress must be at least physically-built (not muscular but defined and firm).
Actress must be brunette or have darker hair (no dye)
Actress must be able to withstood the rigors of action/small stunts.
Actress must be willing to learn Greek or speak Greek fairly well.
Actress must come as an idealistic representation of Amazon beauty.
Actress may be in the age range between 21 and 31 years old.
Actress must have a very sexy appeal and a great personality.
If actress must be a Linda Carter lookalike, she is HIRED!

I think Joss Whedon would follow the storyline from George Perez's Wonder Woman origins (not all but some) and bits from the original Wonder Woman storyline from the 1940s.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Potential Wonder Woman:

Morena Baccarin

Megan Gale

Lauren Graham:

Jennifer Connelly (a smoking hot fave!)

[edit on 5/29/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
RANT, I got news for you.

Faith, the Wonder Woman?
Posted on Mon, 3-Oct-2005

The ever-so-welcomingly foxy Eliza Dushku ["Tru Calling"] has a message for Joss Whedon : She wants to be "Wonder Woman".

Dushku, who worked with Whedon on both "Buffy" and "Angel", says she'd like to be considered for the role of the Invisible Jet-flying superheroine, which Whedon's writing and directing.

"Joss is doing a little movie called Wonder Woman. I'd slap on the Dukes for that!", the actress told attendees at Saturday's Wizard World Convention in Boston.

Next, says the 24-year-old actress, is "Nobel Son about a dysfunctional family. The father, played by Alan Rickman, wins the Nobel Prize. I play City Hall, and insane asylum escapee. Bill Pullman, Danny Devito and Peter Boyle are also in it.

www.moviehole.net...

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
RANT, I got news for you.

OooOOOoo Eliza reads her suggestion box.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
How about Shannen Doherty?

Please.....................for the love of God NO!!!!!!!

This part was made for the Aveeno girl.

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Here is a video where Joss Whedon speakes about his upcomming Wonder Woman movie.

media.filmforce.ign.co...

Whedon says the movie wont be a reinvention or even an updating. He wants to focus on the things that make her an icon.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
iesb.net has a video interview with Joss Whedon.

Still no word on who Wonder Woman will be played by but Whedon said his script will allow any age wonam between 15 and 30 to play her.

You can watch the video in Windows Media Player or Quicktime.
Or you can read the transcript.

IESB: So it's going to be an origin story just like Batman Begins…

JW: Yeah it is, very different than Batman Begins but very similar in being an origin story. But the great thing about her is that she's never been in the world, every experience is new. She's young whether or not she's actually young.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

imdb.com

Lindsay Lohan As Wonder Woman?

Herbie: Fully Loaded star Lindsay Lohan is desperate to play Wonder Woman in the forthcoming movie version of the comic book superhero. The 19-year-old Freaky Friday actress admits she'd like to showcase her talents outside of kid and teen films, but feels the role would be too fun to turn down. She says, "Wonder Woman would be cool. I'm trying to find roles right now that are different to anything I've done to show my abilities, to show that I have some sort of stretch in me. Because most of the things that I've done so far are aimed at younger girls and are light-hearted."

Don't even think about it Whedon :bash:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

About.com

Joss Whedon on a Lynda Carter Cameo in Wonder Woman

“If it’s right for the movie. I think Lynda Carter’s great. I mean, I ragged on the show but that’s not her. It’s just a question of I’m not going to do something that isn’t integral to the film. If I found something that was right, absolutely, but not if it takes you out of the narrative.”

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It's pretty safe to say that if Lindsay Lohan is in it I won't be seeing it.

They need to go the way of Superman and find an unknown actress.

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
An unknown is really the way to go when it comes to playing super hero roles.
Having someone like Lohan will only piss people off

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

www.moviehole.net

“Wonder Woman” rumours are about as regular as trips to the petrol station these days, so take this one with a grain of the salty stuff (perhaps not that salty stuff). Still, I’m mentioning this if only because I think they may have found someone that would look as cosy as heck in the Invisible Jet.

This morning, I received a press release from the PR firm for "Days of Our Lives" actress Nadia Bjorlin, confirming her involvement in the new auto-thriller “Red Line” co-starring Eddie Griffin and Nathan Phillips.

‘Apparently’ she is up for “Wonder Woman”.

Though I have heard her name bantered about for Joss Whedon’s upcoming “Wonder Woman” movie before – largely in forums, and from her fans – I haven’t seen anything resembling a semi-concrete confirmation that the girl is even interested, least of all whether she’s even going to get to test…Until this bit in press release:

Nadia Bjorlin sure looks like she can play the part and draw an audience to the film.

You can find more images if you do a google image search for "Nadia Bjorlin".

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
She's got an athletic build not to mention THOSE.

She could pull it off.

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Slice of SciFi is reporting that Priyanka Chopra is in negotiations to play Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman May Spring From India

One of our fans by the name of Thomas dropped a tick in our ear about some latest developments over in the Joss Whedon camp and its all about Wonder Woman casting that comes right out of left field, but looks to be right on the mark.

vidently Joss and company are in negotiations with actress Priyanka Chopra to play the lead in his next big blockbuster comic-to-movie project. It had been thought from the beginning that Morena Baccarin (Firefly/Serenity) would get the nod. Morena, however, has since signed on to do several guest spots on the hit TV show “Stargate: SG-1″ portraying Vala’s daughter who is really a super-Ori. It is possible that scheduling conflicts between the two projects have brought all this about, or it could also mean that Baccarin was just one of many serious candidates for the famous comic heroine.

Chopra is a huge star in Bollywood and throughout Indian feature films, but is relatively unknown by Western audiences. She will be starring in India’s answer to Superman this year in the big screen “Krrish.”

[edit on 29/6/2006 by Umbrax]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join