Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Joss Whedon has signed on to write and direct the Wonder Woman movie

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It is official. It has long been rumored but now it is in writing,Joss Whedon had signed on to write and direct Wonder Woman.

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" creator Joss Whedon is preparing to bring to life another formidable female character in his latest movie endeavor.

Whedon as signed to write and direct "Wonder Woman," a live-action film adaptation of the DC Comics character, for Warner Bros. Pictures.

"Wonder Woman is the most iconic female heroine of our time, but in a way, no one has met her yet," Whedon said in a statement. "What I love most about icons is finding out what's behind them, exploring the price of their power."

story.news.yahoo.com...

I have to admit I am not a Wonder Woman fan or a fan of Whedon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I am a huge fan of Whedon's work on Astonishing X-men, and I look forward to watching Wonder Woman for that reason alone.

[edit on 24/3/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Too cool , he's also doing the Serenity movie , if you folks don't know it was a sci-fi show on fox called Firefly, it had alot of potiental but then it got canned
, I'm looking forward to it, but it all depends on who is cast as wonderwoman. I'm crossing my fingers overhere

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I prefer unknowns to be cast in these films. Who ever it is shes gotta be tall,sexy, and kick ass!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well I'm looking forward to it.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Who ever it is shes gotta be tall,sexy, and kick ass!

You mean like this?

Being a child of the 70's, he's going to have to go a long way to impress me. Any thoughts on who should get the part?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Any thoughts on who should get the part?

How about:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
intrepid, they have to save Chyna for She-Hulk

So far just about every brunette has been rumored to play Wonder Woman.
Mostly Sandra Bullock has been talked about. IMO that is a horrible choice.
Personally I would like to see a new face play her. Preferable someone who is Greek or maybe Italian.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
How about Tiffany Thiessen?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Lovely Liv Tyler gets my vote

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Agent Orange]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

or even Spanish model Almudena Fernandez.

Check her out at almudenafernandez.free.fr...

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Agent Orange]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
She's hot
Can she act?

Liv Tyler sound good for the role. I'm guessing we should be finding out who will be Wonder Woman in the summer time After Batman begins is out.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Whedon's playing it coy. The more he keeps everybody guessing, the more interest he generates in the film. Casting is crucial, so he keeps throwing out these teasers, like "Sarah Michelle Gellar", etc. He knows better, but it gets fans talking about the movie.

Liv Tyler is one of themore convincing: Tall, ark haired, strongly built, impossibly beautiful, and with that expression of wide eyed innocence that can knock'em dead!

If they go for an unknown, Almudena would be on my short list!

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I couldn't resist posting this one. it's just so cool!

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If Joss Wedon is directing, you know I'm seeing it. He has done an awesome job and a long time directiong "buffy", directing episodes like "Graduation, Part 1/Part 2", and the one were Buffy jumps off the oil rige(sp?) so Dawn doesn't have to die, and ends up saving the world, those three/four episodes are THE BEST of the whole series. And the last 2 espisodes of season 7 were awesome! But,......Poor Spike!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Whedon is talented. His "Buffy" made WB TV. He made a star of SMG, too. His Wonder Woman should be better than the usual comci book adaption. I just hope he doesn't take too many liberties with Wonder Woman.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I just hope he doesn't take too many liberties with Wonder Woman.

I don't think you have to worry about that. I've been reading his work on Astonishing X-men for close to a year now and he is very respectful to the characters.
Comic fans and Movie-goers will both love Whedon's Wonder Woman, I'm sure of it.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Liv Tyler, good choice. One question, is Salma too old for the part?

An Amazon would be Spanish accented.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wonder Woman is Eliza Dushku!!!

external image

This is going to rock!

Who knows the ATS member that's Eliza's double? Hmmmm? (no not me)

[edit on 6-4-2005 by RANT]

[edit on 6-4-2005 by RANT]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSB2005
But,......Poor Spike!

Spike had a "Buffy" loophole and came back from the grave. Moved to LA and finished the Angel series with asshat.

Yeah, Buffy was even better TV than X-Files.

Wait, just realized something. Wonder Woman may not be Dusku.

Might be Charisma Carpenter. She's been lobbying Hollywood with her NaStY side for a role like this. So much so I can't even post her pictures. Fully clothed she's a smackdown.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

looks convincing, or

<<   2  3 >>

join