It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if the jews were/are right?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: stormson

originally posted by: visitedbythem
They were the chosen children, but God has opened the offer to all humans from all nations. That was always the plan

was it? then why did jesus himself deny that?

but the question remains. could the jews still be right? could christians and the followers of jesus have mistakenly elevated him?

or did the jews make a horrible mistake, and continue to make that mistake, and reject the messiah, the son of their god?

You dont know that they were told that they would reject their Messiah. Yeshua fits, and many Jews and Jewish scholars know and believe in Christ alone.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word with God, and the Word was God, and the Word was made flesh (Yeshua) and tented among us (God in flesh)

Yitzhak Kiduri, 108 yo when he died, considered one of the greatest Jewish scholars ever “got it”.
He left a note, after his death, stating he knew who the Messiah.
Of course, wasn’t well reported or received by many Jews who didn’t like the message

bible-menorah.jimdofree.com...

So you are absolutely right and I totally agree with you Visitedbythem, “many Jews and Jewish scholars know and believe in Christ alone”

But and not addressed to you VBT, many Jews are still awaiting the “Davidic messiah” who will conquer Israel’s enemies and herald a new Jewish kingdom, and yes, it will probably be lead by the antichrist according to Revelations

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

You just need to answer one question:
Did Jesus "bring universal peace and brotherhood, without any evil" and is God present & true in every living person?

No. So very much not. Obviously not the messiah.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

What if the Greeks and the Roman's were right, and "The Gods" are a bunch of capricious, narcissistic, self absorbed jerks?

edit on 5-11-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

But the Christ is the liar, seducing people away from the One, a pawn of the devil, so the Anti-christ is the good guy to correct that detour.

All just a question of perspective.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Well you got to keep in mind that Greek mythology is much older and a lot of it is built on even older stories and their gods are kind of an exaggerated pre-greek royal houshold.

They did that a lot, some of the heroes are a continuation of that tradition.

edit on 5-11-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You are welcome to believe as you wish but
The op was using the bible as a reference and you have used extra biblical opinion.
That’s fine by me

Jesus didn’t promise universal peace, anywhere, Jesus said he was the “door”, you choose the door or you don’t choose the door, there is no force, it’s individual, free will and personal

Jesus was clear, Christians were going to be in for a tough time. Only until recently did things change, probably for the worse, now christians are for the most part selfish and greedy
Thank you US tv evangelicals

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I didn't say Jesus promised that, it's what's expected from the true messiah.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Actually from what I figured out both sides are wrong. What's happening is this.

There was supposed to be 4 messiahs. 3 have come but there's still one to go. Per the books of Malachi and Zechariah there was supposed to be the 2 branches, the Lord, and Elijah the prophet. The first branch rebuilt and was present when the 2nd temple was built back in the BC era. Jesus Christ and John the Baptist were the Lord and Elijah the prophet respectivly. But that still leaves the 2nd branch to go.

The reason why everyone is getting it all wrong is because the Apocalypse is a 2500 year process then being followed by the 1000 year reign of the saints/day of Jezreel.

It's unfinished.
edit on 5-11-2020 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Well first of all they were all one common culture/people right? Jesus was from the same people/culture so there is no distinguishing them other than the roles they played and the beliefs they had and I'm pretty certain those people had all sorts of beliefs in which case you can divide them into categories based on their beliefs.

Not sure why I'm answering this post.. Anyway lots of speculation and folklore on your part.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I didn't say Jesus promised that, it's what's expected from the true messiah.

Said who
Do you make this stuff up?

Israel was waiting on another king David, a great warrior king to kill Israel’s enemies, how is that peace?
Israel was wanting another Zionist movement

Who tells you that stuff?

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Dp 😮
edit on 5-11-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Isaiah

They shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks; nation will not lift sword against nation and they will no longer study warfare.
— Isaiah 2:4

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them. The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. The infant will play near the hole of the cobra, and the young child put his hand into the viper's nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
— Isaiah 11:6-9

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

AHAHA LOL

It's very clear you know nothing about the Holy Bible or Christianity
Stick to what you know and understand best

[ie]

(the finer worldly things in life)

Which are meaningless

May GOD bless you
and keep you and
open your eyes to the truth
Amen

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well done, Isaiah
But how does that kick the oppressive Romans out of Israel, how does that end the wars with the Palestinians, the Muslims, the constant threat against Israel that has always hung over the countries head like a guillotine

You put no thought into anything you read and observe nothing outside of your own confirmation bias
It’s dumb to think like you do.
Swords into plows , how, magic, woooo.
Really, how do you think a Messiah can bring peace, the Jews are not that naive to think magic saves them, God never did that

Completely out of context
You have taken two pieces of scripture, pieces within other contexts and made them tomsay what you want them to say.
You deny all what was written in Isaiah 2 and just take out of context what suits your beliefs to push your opinion
Go read all of Isaiah 2, not just the little bit you want to show to prove what suits you
Context is key Peeps
edit on 5-11-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Meh

edit on 5-11-2020 by Peeple because: which is me saying: I so totally don't give a # what you think, while it's mildly entertaining, it's ultimately futile.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
well, wars, taxxes, globalism, communism, open borders, big oil, big pharma, big banking, media, lobbyists, and zog?

nah. not too many 'rights' on that list.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Jesus was Jewish too, which is a bit of a double entendre there, and could of looked like a half breed.

It could of been that Judaism ended up focusing on blood lines an dynasties way too much, much like how Judaism is said to be the lines of Isaac, where Islam believes they are of Ishmael, whom are also Abraham's sons. I seriously could remake Romeo an Juliet with their chemistry.

And i think keeping blood line pure led to some nasty results, even for modern times.

Flaw with that, though was lineage an issue for them, since if he a bit of mutt, how could he have been a Rabbi, but he was also said to be carpenter . Or was it an issue at all around such, when it could of been prior.

edit on 5-11-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

what if the jews were/are right?

follow me here for a moment.

both christians and jews say the o.t. is correct. they say that the jews were/are the chosen of god. then a dude named jesus comes along and suddenly 99% of the jews, even the most educated in the o.t., are wrong and he is the messiah.

so for thousands of years, the jews are correct about everything dealing with god, then they get it wrong.

but what if they didnt? what if they are still just as correct as they always were?

You got it, the jews were right because the "New Testament" story is a fiction, a lie, it's always been! God never changes, He's the same One, the God of Moses, David, Isaiah, etc. Glad that a few can see through the lies, however old they may be.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

"it" went by many names, judging from the actions in the OT "the demiurge" is fitting descriptor

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Maybe there all wrong because the new messiah is Only being shown to us with science and we have to wait tell the New 2.0 version to come out?!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join