It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if the jews were/are right?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

follow me here for a moment.

both christians and jews say the o.t. is correct. they say that the jews were/are the chosen of god. then a dude named jesus comes along and suddenly 99% of the jews, even the most educated in the o.t., are wrong and he is the messiah.

so for thousands of years, the jews are correct about everything dealing with god, then they get it wrong.

but what if they didnt? what if they are still just as correct as they always were?

the jews view jesus as either a false prophet, or an enlightened man, but not the messiah. the muslims, which also descend from the jews, view jesus as a prophet, but not the messiah.

what got me to thinking this is i was listening to ground zero and a guess was saying how "the jews have their messiah already in hiding in israel. but as we know, since jesus was the actual messiah, then this jewish messiah in israel must be an anti-christ." if youre christian, then this is true, however, if youre jewish then its false. also, who would know more about the messiah then the ones that created the myth? so it stands to reason that if israel was to come out and say "the messiah is here", and the majority of jews agreed, then that person is the actual messiah.

granted, nothing would change, but i thought it was an interesting idea.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

What an absolute load of racially supremacist bile.

Like any single race is the 'chosen' people of a benevolent God.

Imagine if white people claimed to be God's chosen people?

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

dude, i didnt say they were/are the chosen of god, they did. also, all the christians do, too. why else do you think the evangelicals are all about kissing up to israel (oh yeah, if they build the temple, then jesus comes back and the world ends.)

not to mention darn near every culture claims to be the chosen of god. it makes people feel special.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Not directed at you, just the narrative.

I consider myself a non-denominational Christian and I certainly do not think the J00z are God's chosen people. People are God's chosen people.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

lol famous last words .

j/k .

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I consider myself a non-denominational Christian and I certainly do not think the J00z are God's chosen people. People are God's chosen people.

if you are christian, then you must have read the bible. if you have read the bible, then you know that the jews are gods chosen people.

bible.knowing-jesus.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormson

dude, i didnt say they were/are the chosen of god, they did. also, all the christians do, too. why else do you think the evangelicals are all about kissing up to israel

I am a Christian and I sure as hell don’t say they are the chosen of God
I don’t suck up to,Israel or many people I know

Another atheist it such, pretending they understand Christianity and Judaism

As for your op, the Jews were once the chosen of God, before Jesus, they failed that covenant. They had a responsibility that they didn’t carry out, broke the covenant.

Jesus said ALL are chosen and welcome now, not just Jews

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

consider:

Matthew 15:24 [Jesus] answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

this passage states quite clearly that jesus is only for the jews, but her faith in a foreign god gained her favor from him.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

if you are christian, then you must have read the bible. if you have read the bible, then you know that the jews are gods chosen people.

Did you not notice all those quotes bar one were Old Testament and the Hebrew quote was pre Jesus
You have missed everything pertinent to the narrative, added, selected and botched it up.
God left the temple because Israel failed, Gods presence left Israel

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

dude, i didnt say they were/are the chosen of god, they did. also, all the christians do, too. why else do you think the evangelicals are all about kissing up to israel

Jesus said ALL are chosen and welcome now, not just Jews

can you point me to this scripture, red letter please.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

consider:
Matthew 15:24 [Jesus] answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
this passage states quite clearly that jesus is only for the jews, but her faith in a foreign god gained her favor from him.

Really, you get that from that text, that’s so ignorant.
Jesus went to Samaria, went to Samaria, you can’t even comprehend what that means and you want to imply that Jesus meant literally a dog
How can you do that?

If Jesus was only for Jews, why go to Samaria in the first place, address a woman, probably a prostitute and take water from her
You have no concept the text

And after all that, what did Jesu do for her, what came next?
Ignore the parts that don’t sell your story

It’s just pure ignorance

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Kidding me, John 3.16

www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Did you not notice all those quotes bar one were Old Testament and the Hebrew quote was pre Jesus
You have missed everything pertinent to the narrative, added, selected and botched it up.
God left the temple because Israel failed, Gods presence left Israel

i did no such thing. i merely asked a question.

if the jews were right, through out the o.t., then jesus shows up and 99% reject him, even the most educated in jewish law and history, could they not still be right? could jesus not be the messiah but just a prophet as the muslims (also a child faith of the jews) profess?

to say god left the jews is to say god is faithless. granted, he punishes the jews when they fall out of favor, but he always "retrieves his lost sheep". even jesus said he came only for the lost sheep of israel.

so god never left the jews, but they may have left him. he however made a vow to his chosen people.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

so, the creators of the myth didnt know what what they were looking for in their messiah, and rejected him.

does that mean the entire o.t. is to be called into question?

were the jews right, then suddenly got it wrong after a thousand years of study and worship?

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
They were the chosen children, but God has opened the offer to all humans from all nations. That was always the plan

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
They were the chosen children, but God has opened the offer to all humans from all nations. That was always the plan

was it? then why did jesus himself deny that?

but the question remains. could the jews still be right? could christians and the followers of jesus have mistakenly elevated him?

or did the jews make a horrible mistake, and continue to make that mistake, and reject the messiah, the son of their god?

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

God had a covenant with Israel, the Jewish people broke the covenant. It’s not faithless, Israel rejected God.
God chose Israel to show the world Gods love, they failed, God then offered it to everyone, all, like John 3:16 states

Israel were expecting a new King David, a warrior king, messiah to overthrow Israel’s enemies. Jesus came and told everyone that it’s personal, individual, we can only change ourselves, love others.
Your concept is wrong

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The OT isn’t wrong
It’s a history book, how can history be wrong, I don’t think you understand anything you are talking about
Preconceived nonsense, you make no sense

The OT is history.
Israel were sent on a mission and they failed that mission, constantly
The Jews were never right, people are never right, the whole point of Jesus is people always fail.

No, the creators of the myth didn’t know what they were expecting, they wanted a warrior to kill the Romans, they got Jesus who said, God is love, go out and love others
Peace and hope are a future promise, the kingdom is within the individual not of this world

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

was it? then why did jesus himself deny that?

but the question remains. could the jews still be right? could christians and the followers of jesus have mistakenly elevated him?

or did the jews make a horrible mistake, and continue to make that mistake, and reject the messiah, the son of their god?

You dont know that they were told that they would reject their Messiah. Yeshua fits, and many Jews and Jewish scholars know and believe in Christ alone.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word with God, and the Word was God, and the Word was made flesh (Yeshua) and tented among us (God in flesh)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Consider the idea that the OT god... wasn't God

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join