It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i saw one of the official messages from earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
very interesting, i didn't even know crop marks popped up looking like the disc and messages we've sent out, does anyone have any stories (links) about these pictures. if something like this is true, why hide it if everyone knows nasa sent out these messages.?? _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deimos
I'd like to see proof these crop circles were fake to
Is there proof either way?

No, there is no proof given a particular crop circle. However, the only time its been observed being made, its been a hoax, and the only peopel claiming to have made them are hoaxers. Therefore, the 'default' wrt crop circles is 'hoax'. Evdidence needs to be presented that they are 'true'.

Also, how far could that message have gotten to be intercepted in such a small amount of time? It takes something like 4 years to get to Alpha Centauri, which as far as anyone knows does not have planets, and thats the closest star. Also, if aliens picked up the signal and wanted to respond, they'd send a ship to earth to make a crop circle response? I mean, obviously the message is not getting thru if they did that.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Carl sagan discusses it in The Demon Haunted World. He shoudl know, since he was the one who designed the original message no?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whos_out_there
very interesting, i didn't even know crop marks popped up looking like the disc and messages we've sent out, does anyone have any stories (links) about these pictures. if something like this is true, why hide it if everyone knows nasa sent out these messages.?? _javascript:icon('
')

This should get you started.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Both in One Photo

Crop Circles Decoded?

Good Luck on your quest.

[edit on 3-18-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Glad someone linked to the decipherment of the "response"; whoever put the "arecibo response" together certainly did their homework...and made some neat changes, whoever they were. Given the unlikelihood of silicon-based life (there's an excellent research forum thread on this topic) including silicon is a bit of a slip, though, although I do have to wonder if it's possible for silicon to play a larger role in life than it does terrestrially.

As a side note, the "receiver dish" is probably my favorite crop circle design; it's has an internal logic to its design but isn't as glaringly obvious with it as a lot of the more regular crop circles. Props to whoever made that one.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Has anyone notices the crop circle with the alien kind of looks like a cd-rom disk? Wonder if is a binary pattern?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

Originally posted by Umbrax

What if the aliens are all sitting at their 'computers' wishing for alien contact and have their own version of SETI?

What if they sent a message back?

What if they did???

Actually the most scientific approach to sending a message to intelligent post industrial civilisations in our galaxy would be to use Gravitational waves as a medium for transmitting data.

This could be achieved by any civilisation that is situated reasonably close to the central black hole in our Galaxy (Sagittarius A)

They would have to have enough technology to create small singularities and then fire them at Sagittarius A. This would create a Gravitational wave that then entire Galaxy would be able to detect.

We are actually using Grid Computing at the moment to decipher detected Gravitational waves in an attempt to discover any hidden information.

This is really cutting edge stuff and to get your head around the whole Gravitational wave thing you have to understand space-time and relativity.

Anyway...

Time will tell if we are receiving anything... though I doubt they would say anything even if they did find something.

NeoN HaZe...

[edit on 17-3-2005 by Neon Haze]

wow! i have to give it to you...you know your stuff, by the way how do you guys know all of this information? school? or hobbie?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
guy/gals im from this planet and im not your average idiot and i dont understand a thin other then that looks like something i saw in an arcade game once........

i agree, but i guess i have to say i wouln't really know what to look for

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

neon haze
the most scientific approach to sending a message to intelligent post industrial civilisations in our galaxy would be to use Gravitational waves as a medium for transmitting data.

I thought gravity waves propagated at the speed of light? I had considered something like this myself, the gravitational effects should be felt instantly, but apparently the waves don't travel instantly. Most perplexing.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Gravitational effects do propagate at the speed of light. If the sun vanished, the Earth wouldn't stop orbiting until we also noticed the sun's light disappear, about 8 minutes after the event.

About the message, I believe the raw binary message was given to some scientists as a test by the developer and no one could decipher what it meant. Hopefully any aliens would though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join