It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mysterious Seismic ‘Blip’ From Deep Inside Earth Pulsates Every 26 Seconds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
A mysterious seismic 'blip' from deep inside Earth pulsates every 26 seconds.

News A Mysterious Seismic ‘Blip’ From Deep Inside Earth Pulsates Every 26 Seconds Every 26 seconds for the last 60 years seismologists have detected a ubiquitous pulse emanating from deep inside the Earth. Published 2 days ago on Nov 2, 2020 By Jake Anderson Every 26 seconds for the last 60 years seismologists have detected a ubiquitous pulse emanating from deep inside the Earth. The debate over the cause of this mysterious “microseism” has gone on for decades and produced several cogent hypotheses, but scientists still don’t know decisively what’s behind the phenomenon.

Since the early 60's scientists have known about this 'blip' or 'pulse'. To further the mystery the pulse is stronger during storms. But storms don't turn on and off after 26 seconds. Neither do volcanoes which have also been suggested as the source.

In 1980, Gary Holcomb, a geologist with the U.S. Geological Survey, looked more closely at the weird microseism, and figured out that it’s strongest during storms. But his and Oliver’s work would mostly be lost to time, while the constant seismic drumbeat would go on, unnoticed, beneath our feet. Then one day in 2005, then-graduate student Greg Bensen was working with seismic data at his lab at the University of Colorado, Boulder. His advisor walked in and asked him to show him what he was working on. As Ritzwoller tells it, Bensen pulled up some data, and there it was: A strong signal, coming from somewhere far off. “As soon as we saw this, [then-postdoctoral researcher Nikolai Shapiro] and I recognized that there was something weird, but we had no idea what it was,” Ritzwoller says. Perplexed, the team examined the blips from every possible angle. Was something wrong with their instruments? Or their analyses? Or was this seismic activity really happening? All signs pointed to the latter. They were even able to triangulate the pulse to its origin: A single source in the Gulf of Guinea, off the western coast of Africa. They dug up Oliver’s and Holcomb’s work, too, and published a study in 2006 in Geophysical Research Letters. But even since then, no one has really confirmed the cause of the regular seismic activity. Though many assume it’s caused by waves, some hold out that it’s caused by volcanic activity.

Cthulhu's heart is beating again?

DISCOVER MAGAZINE
POPULAR MECHANICS

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That is just when the gears mesh together that spin the earth. There must be a lot of teeth on those gears.

The earth could be an egg and the Dragon baby is someday going to hatch, it has a heartbeat.

edit on 4-11-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

like the dragon in the moon on Doctor Who!!!

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Mother Earth's heartbeat!

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I would venture a guess to say that the earth's core is not a perfect geometric sphere, but has blemishes, maybe one of which creates a seismic event, similar to a billiard ball with a chip on it which can alter the trajectory slightly.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The mothership is idling.

Very interesting phenomena.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I'm going with waves syncing together in a seasonal pattern. Its a natural process demonstrated by this video of Synchronization of Metronomes.

This phenomenon is also used in a theory of how the orbit of the planets of our solar system harmonize.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Being one of this sites Metaphysical junkies, and goddess adherents

I would venture to Say the 'pulse' is the 'heartbeat of Mother-Earth Gaia '

enough said about that

originally posted by: new_here

Mother Earth's heartbeat!

Ah-Ha... U got it !

*4U
edit on th30160452418704092020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It is actually the powerplant of an undersea alien base! I can't divulge the classified source material however, lol... j/k!

I don't believe it is waves. Waves would not synchronize at 26 seconds over years much less decades. Everything we know with a set time like that is man made or possibly made by some other being. We know there are USO's and if you look at all the history of USO's documented even by Naval ships entering and exiting the ocean there is the possibility no matter how remote one may think that there is some alien base creating that pulse.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread....

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Birkland currents? Magnetic link to a pulsar? Due to our wobble? Very interesting none the less.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I enjoy these threads..I like a good mystery! this has been going on for a long time...I will come bvack later and check replies

a reply to: randomthoughts12

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Stuff like this fascinates me for some reason it's like what the hell is it? reminds me of the movie "The Core"

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothar

That was my first thought as well due to the consistent nature of this. Now I wonder if the core spins at a constant rate, which would produce that drag effect. I wonder if this has gone on longer and we just picked it up in the 60's?

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I absolutely love the idea that its Mother Earth's heartbeat. Thats just about perfect.

I dont think its waves, like was suggested that wouldnt occur at such a regular time over decades.

It really is a good old solid mystery, proper ATS fare. To add further to the mystery, the pulse is quite close to 0°00'00.0"N 0°00'00.0"E GOOGLE EARTH

For those that are interested, there's a decent thread going on here ycombinator

I like the idea of it being USO's or even better a base..
edit on 4/11/20 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Interesting that the Gulf of Guinea lies at 0° latitude by 0° longitude.

Also known as Null Island.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Yep
Google Earth

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Interesting that the Gulf of Guinea lies at 0° latitude by 0° longitude.

Also known as Null Island.

Yes!. However, not to rain on your parade (or you implication
), but two things:

1. Longitude 0/The Prime Meridian is a totally human construct and is arbitrary. It could have been placed anywhere on the planet. It just so happens that the English were the people to create today's standard, so they placed it through England.

2. Even if we want to believe that the people creating longitude 0 knew something about this pulse, the exact location is not at 0° latitude by 0° longitude. It is actually in the Bight of Bonny (part of the Gulf of Guinea), which is a couple of degrees above 0° latitude and 7 or 8 degrees to the east of 0° longitude.

edit on 11/5/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

It would be interesting to see if other planets had a similar pulse - and if the pulse was in time with that of other planets too!

Awesome thread OP, I had no idea this was a thing. Thanks

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the OP
This info coming out now 60 years and it's 26 seconds, interesting numbers.

Going to look more into this thanks

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

"To further the mystery the pulse is stronger during storms. But storms don't turn on and off after 26 seconds."

What...the...eff?! This is the WEIRDEST thing ever!

<<   2 >>

join