OP/ED: Ending the Dark Days

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

I suggest the above specifically for you, as it seems to present a very real and tangible roadblock to your evolution.

To my evolution?..... i guess you see yourself now as my new sensei, guru or spiritual master huh?... oh boy....

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If you were my student, you would show more respect, or you would be perpetually nursing bruises and wounded pride.

No, Muadibb, you are not my student, and I am not your master. BEHOLD! This is your master.

hehehe Ba-zing!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
If you were my student, you would show more respect, or you would be perpetually nursing bruises and wounded pride.

No, Muadibb, you are not my student, and I am not your master. BEHOLD! This is your master.

hehehe Ba-zing!

Naa, you want to know who is my master?

She can rule me, i will be her faithful slave anytime she wants.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This serious issue has gotten so far off topic, maybe it is time to close it.
No offense ti anyone in partictular, but I agree with ZZZ.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
This serious issue has gotten so far off topic, maybe it is time to close it.
No offense ti anyone in partictular, but I agree with ZZZ.

Well...getting back on topic, what do you think is needed to be done so people don't choose sides? Do you even think it is possible to change people's minds? Can people in these same forums change their minds with all the information that has been given in the past showing that most anti-war groups are backed and funded by pro-communist groups?...

If we are looking for people not to take any sides, it does goes both ways, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Well...getting back on topic, what do you think is needed to be done so people don't choose sides? Do you even think it is possible to change people's minds?

Well, I don't think there's anything wrong with choosing sides. It's when you allow the
"us" vs "them" thing to cloud your judgment on any given issue. It keeps you from seeing from seeing clearly what is going on in the country.
I think racial, economic, sexual, religious differences are subtly or subliminally encouraged. You can control people who are paying more attention to their cause than the country.

What if the real reason for the 2000 election fiasco was to get the citizens to WANT electronic voting...which is easier to rig?
What if the real reason for the sensational Scott Peterson trial was to get a man convicted of killing an unborn fetus...and calling it first degree murder of a person?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
So, take the main idea of this thread and it degrades into this?

Arguing and taking sides...about people arguing and taking sides?

Dark days indeed...

Degrades???
Now what exactly do you expect on ATS? Everyone agreeing with eachother and being one big happy harmony??

I am sorry, but ATS would be pretty freaking boring if people would stop taking sides. The problem here is that people should be able to listen to eachother and admit defeat when proof is presented to them. But there is absolutely nothing, nothing at all wrong with argueing and taking sides.
That is what ATS IS.

I still do not believe in orchested manipulation on ATS, I think it's a paranoid, hysterical way of dealing with the obvious; polarization because of the current events in the world and in our lives.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Excellent idea. I've always thought a similar test should be applied to the right to vote in America. But alas, it would be so far removed from the aristocracy that we've all come to love so dearly that I'm sure the idea would never get out the door. Heaven forbid the educated class take control of the country from the elite and wealthy classes.- The sick jaded frightened boy that hides behind my belligerence.

In all seriousness though, I think it's a neat idea and, should there be a need for one, I would volunteer to be a test monkey for this system.

Kidfinger, you're right, there is a lack of maturity on this board. No doubt it's because I and so many others here are young and immature. HOWEVER, I do try. And you have to admit, sometimes when you have no hope of reaching someone on the board, baiting them (at least civilly) can be fun. If you can't admit that, then I'll admit that I'm immature and you're not.

Jakko and DontTreadOnMe, you two make valid arguments. ATS is, after all, a discussion board. By definition, we need to take opposing veiw points in order to have a discussion, right? I think that the actual issue, though, is that people seem to sometimes take sides based on personal biases (I know I do), loyalties to certain groups, and questionable information as opposed to making well informed decisions and arguments (or have I missed the point completely?). Do you two believe that there is no problem at all with this, or that there is a problem and what Sofi has suggested may not be the best solution? If the latter, do either of you have any ideas on how to solve alleged unfairness on ATS or its affiliated discussion boards? Perhaps at least some sort of necessity for sources to back up certain claims?

Sofi, once again you demonstrate an uncanny ability to think globally and act locally. If only there were people like you in office *sigh*. Hey, I study philosophy too but lassus, only at a city college (number 1 in transfers to UCLA though!).

I'm wondering if the "smart" people who pass your theoretical test won't still, at least underhandedly, use their abilities to a devious end? Also, at what point does one who knows logic stop having a difference of opinion with someone and start arguing unfairly? It's not that I don't believe it happens, I just might not be as good as spotting it. Could you refer me to a thread (U2U it if you don't want to point fingers)? Would this test cause a devide between those who've earned a title and those who haven't?

I have to admit, I think you may be on to something, but I don't know if another form of labeling or denial of privleges is the answer. Do you have any alternative ideas? The arrogant rebel in me is the kind of person that would refuse to be educated or tested and would proudly display the title of "measly member" to either show disapproval or apathy. The egotistical brat in me would want to be the first to take the test so I could point out to everyone exactly how much better I am than everyone else. It would depend on my mood come decision time. There's a bunch of board politics that I find rediculous. Though I don't think that your particular idea is rediculous but I take solice in the fact that, should this board disapoint me, I could disappear from it and never have to deal with it again. Do you get my point or am I red-eye rambling again?
-S

[edit on 25-3-2005 by ServoHahn]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join