It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Lost City

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

That is true, Xanadu though did have a resident population of Chinese, Ambassadors from as far as the Christian west, temples, church's (at least one cathedral possibly more than one and I am not sure what branch were represented there) and mosques and served as the summer capital for a while.

Not a great city but a legendary place.

Lost it's importance very quickly and the Mongols themselves preferred there yurt's.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

I think that song was actually inspired more by the poem than the place.
www.poetryfoundation.org...
Good call it was only when I read that Stately Pleasure dome that a half remembered something jumped into my mind and I remembered it was a poem as well.

Still as we peel back the layers of the ancient past there are more and more interesting thing's beginning to come to light, not Mongolia but not an entire world from it either - a long way though.

Why bring up Siberia, well it is like Mongolia a place that is often overlooked - other than more recent cultures - for possible forgotten civilization's that may predate what we know of today.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: primalfractal

Still as we peel back the layers of the ancient past there are more and more interesting thing's beginning to come to light, not Mongolia but not an entire world from it either - a long way though.

Why bring up Siberia, well it is like Mongolia a place that is often overlooked - other than more recent cultures - for possible forgotten civilization's that may predate what we know of today.

The Soviets spent a great deal of time there. Not sure what you are basing your claim on. The Russians lacking funds have been researching at a lower level but not ignoring it all.

Going to Google Scholar and putting in 'Siberian or Siberia archaeology', turns up a great deal of material.

scholar.google.com...

Oh that site in the video - natural.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4/11/20 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Interesting video.

I am a firm believer in antideluvian civilisation. The various stones at megalithic sites, around the world, lack credible low tech explanations.

In Mongolia there is Uyghur Kingdom ruins and others such as-

The Haunted Ruins of Khara Khoto, The Black City of Mongolia

www.ancient-origins.net...

But what I find really facinating is the Tarim Basin mummies.

4,000 Year Old Lost Tribe

One of the most fantastic finds in the last half of the twentieth century has to be the discovery of a Northern European tribe found in the northeast corner of Xinjiang province, near the Celestial Mountains and the Taklimakan Desert on the edge of the Gobi desert.
owlcation.com...

They even found the Witches of Subeshi.

These were the Magi of old.

www.eyeofthepsychic.com...
edit on 5-11-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal

I am a firm believer in antideluvian civilisation. The various stones at megalithic sites, around the world, lack credible low tech explanations.

Belief is an aspect of religion not science. I find the work of ancestors very credible and since theere is zero evidence of anyone else doing it and no high tech at all, it kinda defaults to hard work & low tech done by motivated cultures that had obtained the expertise by trial and errors and use of elbow grease.

In Mongolia there is Uyghur Kingdom ruins and others such as-

The Haunted Ruins of Khara Khoto, The Black City of Mongolia

www.ancient-origins.net...

But what I find really interesting is the Tarim Basin mummies.

4,000 Year Old Lost Tribe

One of the most fantastic finds in the last half of the twentieth century has to be the discovery of a Northern European tribe found in the northeast corner of Xinjiang province, near the Celestial Mountains and the Taklimakan Desert on the edge of the Gobi desert.
owlcation.com...

Not 'northern European' but Caucasoid and are of a Caucasian physical type whose closest affiliation is to the Bronze Age populations of southern Siberia, Kazakhstan, Central Asia, and the Lower Volga

Barber, Elizabeth Wayland (1999), The Mummies of Ürümchi, London: Pan Books, ISBN 0-330-36897-4
Baumer, Christoph. (2000). Southern Silk Road: In the Footsteps of Sir Aurel Stein and Sven Hedin. White Orchid Books. Bangkok. ISBN 974-8304-38-8 (HC); ISBN 974-8304-39-6 (TP).
Davis-Kimball, Jeannine, with Mona Behan (2002). Warrior Women: An Archaeologist’s Search for History’s Hidden Heroines. Warner Books, New York. First Trade Edition 2003. ISBN 0-446-67983-6 (pbk)
Hemphill, Brian E.; Mallory, J.P. (2004), "Horse-mounted invaders from the Russo-Kazakh steppe or agricultural colonists from Western Central Asia? A craniometric investigation of the Bronze Age settlement of Xinjiang", American Journal of Physical Anthropology, 125 (3), pp. 199–222, doi:10.1002/ajpa.10354, PMID 15197817.

They even found the Witches of Subeshi.

These were the Magi of old.

What evidence caused you to come to that conclusion?

For lurkers who might know who the mummies are:

www.penn.museum...

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Science is a belief system, in no way does science exactly match reality, as seen by attemting to measure the position and velocity of an electron at the same time.

Even has a creation myth, the big bang.

The magi statement was based on textile comparisons with the old Persians, where the term originates.

The Tarim Mummies: Ancient China and the Mystery of the Earliest Peoples from the West J. P. Mallory Victor H. Mair

www.researchgate.net... _Mallory_Victor_H_Mair

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   
here is something cool that I found in that area

link

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Xanadu was built firmly in what was Chin territory - not Mongolia. So, from Mongolia itself, we have Yam stations, Caravanserai and Karakorum.

We also have some Nestorian Christian sites in old Uighar territory but everything else was nomadic.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Science is a belief system, in no way does science exactly match reality, as seen by attemting to measure the position and velocity of an electron at the same time.

Even has a creation myth, the big bang.

The magi statement was based on textile comparisons with the old Persians, where the term originates.

Sorry no, but you have a belief system. Question does the internet work because we collectively believe it will or is there actual science involved in why and how it functions?

Thanks for the clarification on the Magi.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Ha, the stately pleasure dome, that is cool, didn't know it's location was established, or that it was being excavated.

Mongolia is certainly a fascinating place, full of secrets and mysteries.

Decreed by Kublai Khan?

(sorry. RUSH reference there..)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

But...

"Scientists Confirm It Is Turtles, All The Way Down"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5-11-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

But...

"Scientists Confirm It Is Turtles, All The Way Down"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ah, but what species of turtle?

i.pinimg.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit