It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Yorkers are you nervous like I am?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I live in Rochester NY, it isn't crazy up here as far as riots and discord

I just went to vote and when I handed the man my ballot he saw who I voted for gave me a nasty look, I always have been rather consercitive with a streak of rational liberalism.

I voted for trump.

I am honestly nervous if Trump loses in my area there are TONS of Trump supporters with MANY MANY yards displaying support for trump

That all being said parts of my area hold some very....vocal....anti trump types.

It only takes a small number of people to cause chaos

even in my own family it is a topic that I don't bring up because the arguments turn into enthusiastic fights.

I am more worried about my fellow NY'ers that live in NYC.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

So you had to give your ballot to someone who is then free to look at who you voted for? Did you happen to see where it went after you handed it him?

Where I voted, the voter directly inserted the ballot in a feeder of a machine... that likely wasn't an oversized shredder I hope.
edit on 3-11-2020 by timequake because: typo

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Kansas City plaza businesses boarded up their windows today.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

No matter the outcome tonight, stay safe Penroc.
Hell, I say stay home and lock the doors either way.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I sometimes think that the hustle and bustle of NYC makes people in NYC sort of lemmings. Not because they are, but because they are too busy to pay attention. Much like Chicago and LA sort of mess up things for the whole state. I mean to me that doesn't make them innocent, but it is the only idea I can come up with how so many peops in the major cities are so blind to how they are never going to matter to the people they vote for and trust leadership to.

link   
a reply to: timequake

when he took my ballot out of the privacy sleeve he saw who I voted for.

I didn't let him put my vote into the machine, I put it in myself and made sure it was accepted

link   
I sent my absentee ballot for trump to NY. So my vote is probably keeping the ninja turtles company by now

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

How on Earth did he get to see who you voted for.

Did you hand him the ballot paper to drop in the the ballot bin?

Are you sure you are not a snowflake?
edit on 3/11/20 by Cobaltic1978 because: Typi

(post by Cobaltic1978 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

In New York we use a system where you are given a paper ballot in a folder, fill in the bubbles for the candidates you want, and then walk over to the machine where you remove the ballot from the folder and feed it in.

Very often the workers will stand at the machine for you to hand them the paper and they can slide it into the feeder. While that might be helpful for the elderly or those who for whatever reason can't work it or reach it etc. the vast majority of us prefer the privacy.

Personally I tell the person "thanks, I got it" and do it on my own, but they do tend to stand there and try to look. I suspect that is what the OP is referring to.

It would help to gain familiarity with the system we use before mocking someone for their concerns.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Former resident of Macedon, Penfield and 19th Ward in the city back in the 60's and 70's.

I'd avoid the city if you can till things settle.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I live in a nice tucked away suburb that is very safe and honestly removed from a lot crime or violence

that being said the doors are locked with the alarm and cameras on.

I don't expect unrest unless it is 'bussed in' from the city, our mayor MUST be from another planet because she is nuts and very very much on the blue team. this summer she bulldozed a homeless camp in one of the parks, the people there were never a problem and always very nice. Most in our county were NOT pleased about her choice to bulldoze these peoples only worldly possessions with out much more than a hour of notice.

She is very militant and is in favors of reoperations and all that crazy SJW

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

im less than a mile from the Penfield wegmans

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

Okay, Triggered.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Excuse me?

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I guess I Should had told him to go to his local brick deposit and hit the streets? Lol

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Be gentle

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

yep you nailed it, that is exactly what happened.

and why I put it in myself and waited for the confirmation my votes were counted

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

To types like that I usually announce loudly that I'm fine living with their disappointment.

One of he best political fights with family kicked off when I pointed out Alzheimers/Dementia isn't actually a political party in he US. It ended when I read off a list of things Trump actually promised and accomplished, versus 40 years of nothing out of Biden.

Pretty sure I'll be shut off from the homemade gravy at Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I put my ballot into the envelope and sealed it, before the ballot worker made certain I saw her put it into the box before I left.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join