It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The results of my pro-Trump poll

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I asked for a non-scientific, non formal poll of ATS this OP:

"Poll to see how many people have switched on to Trump"

Located here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There were 56 responses.
There were 23 answers in those 56 responses.

11 New first time voters for Trump.
16 Know other people that will be first time voters for Trump plus an observation that someone knows 30 Facebook friends that will vote first time for Trump.
8 Already voted for Trump
4 Voted for Biden.

If ATS is a reflection of society in any regard, which is debatable since so many ATS'ers are probably high functioning humans in general, then Trump would win by a landslide.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

If ATS is a reflection of society in any regard, which is debatable since so many ATS'ers are probably high functioning humans in general, then Trump would win by a landslide.

There in lies the rub.

The rest of society aren't high functioning humans.

So the juries still out.

I hope your right.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Given that over the last four years, most long-term members that were of the "left" persuasion have been all but driven off the website by Trump supporters, and that most new members of the same said "left" persuasion do not last long before giving up for the same reasons - I think it is fair to say that ATS does NOT reflect current society by any measure. Perhaps, in years gone by, this may have been true, but alas those days ended a while back.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Why is there this idea that they were driven out? The way I see it is they exited the premises because they didn't wanna rub elbows at "this kind of party".

Kind of looking down their noses and didn't like what they saw and walked out the door kind of thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Located here:

There were 56 responses.

16 Know other people that will be first time voters for Trump plus an observation that someone knows 30 Facebook friends that will vote first time for Trump.
4 Voted for Biden.

Did you mean to say delusional instead of high functioning?

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Why is there this idea that they were driven out?

Cause we're deplorable.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Located here:

There were 56 responses.

4 Voted for Biden.

ATS is Right.

It is not a reflection of society.

link   
What drove them out in your mind? It don't really seem any different than before I took my conspiracy hiatus, except less mud being tossed by the left. People that stuck around don't seem any meaner or anything to me.

link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

SOmetimes delusional is mistaken for high functioning and vice versa. Much in the same way that charisma is sometimes actually sociopathy. And vice versa.

link   
a reply to: Annee
I am glad you finally realize we are correct! It's progress!

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

Located here:

There were 56 responses.

4 Voted for Biden.

Did you mean to say delusional instead of high functioning?

in your case, sure.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Code speak for: people leave to withdraw into echo chambers.

The folks here who are liberals have my respect. They provide a little balance in the hysteria.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Given that over the last four years, most long-term members that were of the "left" persuasion have been all but driven off the website by Trump supporters, and that most new members of the same said "left" persuasion do not last long before giving up for the same reasons - I think it is fair to say that ATS does NOT reflect current society by any measure. Perhaps, in years gone by, this may have been true, but alas those days ended a while back.

Yeah they all ran to reddit and twitter where they don’t have to hear conflicting evidence or have their ideas challenged at all. It’s hard to defend wrong ideas on a platform that doesn’t do it for you by silencing everyone that doesn’t agree with you

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Many folks watch the news and believe it to be fact and our truth indicator of fact. Freedom of the press has been hijacked for quite some time but more so these last four years.

How many times does it take for someone you believe you can trust tells you something for you to believe it?

Probably the greatest risk to democracy is allowing our press to become vulnerable by one party or the other (and not having more parties).

Most people think talking politics is like pulling teeth, and there are many more fun things to do.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
I am glad you finally realize we are correct! It's progress!

Didn’t say that.

Just lazily left off Wing.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I really don't think that ATS is a politically representative of the views of the American people.

So this poll means pretty much nothing but no doubt someone is going to turn up and tell me its more accurate than...you know... the actual polls.

link   
Sure sure. It was a freudian slip

link   

Why is there this idea that they were driven out? The way I see it is they exited the premises because they didn't wanna rub elbows at "this kind of party".

Kind of looking down their noses and didn't like what they saw and walked out the door kind of thing.

No. Many left because they did want want to deal with the high levels of vitriol, hatred, bullying and the stress that can induce in regular people. Many people, like myself, used to view this website as a friendly, intelligent and comforting place to come and have well meaning debate about subjects which interested us.

That changed when Trump got elected.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
As a liberal Dem member of this site. My guess is that alot of my fellow Dems just rather not be a member of a forum that is so pro-trump. They don't wanna see all the Maga Nation stuff, and.. if we're being honest some (not all) of the crazy stuff that's posted here about the Dem party.

I don't think it has to do with the members being mean, just not a good flow of preferred content.

That being said.. I remain here because I love digging my heels in and going toe take with opposition, and I never give up.

Also, ATS is the BEST place on the net for UFO/ET/Science news... Which is weird to me that a Trump heavy board has such great science news.. but.. I digress.. 😂

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Sure sure. It was a freudian slip

NO — it was intentional to leave off Wing. Not because I’m saying the Right is right.

I tend to edit and simplify.

<<   2  3 >>

join