It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God FAQ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash
I was, in particular, responding to the popular claim that there are errors in prophecy. They point to details like the prophecy iof the fall of Tyre; one prophet has Nebuchadnezzar doing it, but in history it was done later by another king.

In Acts, Agabus prophecies that the Jews will take Paul and hand him over to the Romans, which is nearly what happened, but not quite. I think the explanation is that God gave Agabus the thought "Paul will be a prisoner of the Romans, and this will be the fault of the Jews"- Agabus put this thought into words, which is what prophets do, and the words he chose were slightly inaccurate. Similarly with Tyre- the prophet was given the thought that Tyre would be destroyed, and his own mind put in the name of Nebuchadnezzar as the obvious candidate at the time he was speaking.

That's what I mean by saying that the faults come from the human contribution. The same applies, in different ways, across the whole spectrum. Human "hardness of heart" is responsible for the apparent toleration of things like slavery and divorce.

I've been looking over the ten commandments lately, and I'm coming to the conclusion that "honour your father and your mother" is actually about respecting the authorities that teach us God's law, which is why it comes with a promise of "living long in the land". The assumption is that your parents are your first teachers about God, and defying their teaching will send you in the wrong direction. So if your literal father and mother are not teaching you God's law, you obey the commandment by listening to those who do.

edit on 3-11-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The commandment is literal and direct.

It's talking about my biological parents. My mother and father.

God speaks of Love Understanding and Forgiveness.

And I know in my Heart for absolute sure that if I could somehow Forgive them of all this, than I would be Honoring them.

But I am a flawed selfish sinner and I don't know how to forgive them for this. To this day neither of them ever speak to me or know me at all. I'm so angry with them and ashamed to be their child.

God was talking about this right here and I know it because I can feel it and how huge of a deal it is.

It's because I struggle to Forgive Understand and Love them. Seems impossible.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

And the curse of sin DOES go through bloodlines.

My parents did not honor my grandparents.

And it looks extremely possible my children will never know me and they will hate me for this tho I had no better options.

The curse does move down.
My mother cursed me, and now I curse my children to the same fate of breaking this most holy command.

Almost all of my suffering comes from breaking commandments. So does anyone's.

It is not apparent on the surface but these "curses of flesh" are real social patterns that we have been warned to avoid for a very good reason.

I don't even know my kids tho I thought Id do everything to avoid becoming just like my parents.

I held out for 12 years before my x left and took them.
That was 6 years ago.

6 YEARS.
I missed the latter half of my children's childhood.

I have nightmares and wake up sweating and crying because I see them crying in my dreams.

This is my curse now because I could not honor my parents therefore I cannot honor anyone even God. That is the ultimate disgrace and dishonor.

The 10 Commandments are the most valuable piece of instructions on the face of the entire earth. I know this all too well...

When I was 16 I was so mad at God I set my bible on fire. I still struggle with my anger for being handed this life.

God has challenged me to my limits.
edit on 11/3/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Great thread and thanks. 1 of a handful threads I'm saving for when ATS goes dark

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
1) Simple answer...Pride.

2) He wants to make sure your not quitter.

3) Man screwed up, but then you'd think he learned after, then made Eve, thought it was a good idea.

4) Idk, if i were jewish, muslim, or anything else, i think that might be problem.
edit on 3-11-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
If God is eternal, why did he think slavery was ok back then 🤔

Most of the modern world is enslaved. Indentured servitude means you have to work to pay back loans. Mostly everyone is doing this for their home, car, and education. We chose to do this. This goes to my point under #3 where I discuss how the original intent was for humans to be free and not slaves.

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: cooperton

I'm at #3 but I want to quickly add something.

The Moon.

The Moon is drifting away from the Earth BUT right now it is exactly the right distance from earth to create total eclipses perfectly.

The moon is much smaller than the sun but it is at the precise distance to appear as the exact same size of the sun.

And only one side faces earth and all these other amazing impossible anomalies.

I remember hearing this, but could not find any factual evidence that shows it is true. Could you point me in that direction? From what i've read, everything, especially as observed from the ground, has remained extremely constant. So much so that the Mayans were able to predict 2000-some year predictable cycles.

The statistical odds of all this aligning so perfectly are utterly astronomical.

Exactly. It's as if it was designed or something...
edit on 4-11-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join