It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just went to Vote but Couldn't Cars backed up for One Mile!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
We vote at a rural fire department about 1 1/2 miles away from our home in South Carolina in Lexington County outside of Columbia. My wife said that when she drove by at 6:55AM on her way to work people were already backed up almost 1/4 mile in line as the place opens at 7:00AM. I just drove out at 9:30AM and saw people walking down the street towards the fire house to vote as cars are parked along the side of the road bumper to bumper at least one mile away and they are now spilling over to the side streets.

They are backed up so far I could not see down the other two streets that approach the building. I would surmise they are also backed up

I have never seen anything like this in my life.

My wife drove by at least several polling places on her 40+ minute commute to work. She said all are packed with lines 100's of yards long and she drives threw the sticks.

Them's Hillary's deplorable's country.

My brothers in New York State are seeing the same thing.

So whatcha thinking?

I will try later. Any one else seeing heavy turnout?
edit on 3-11-2020 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 3-11-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

We had HEAVY early turnout in my area in GA.....lines blocks long. I waited about 2 hours or so for mine.
edit on 11/3/20 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
They are trying to fool voters into believing our votes actually matter. Politicians never get what they say they are going to get done done, it is political lies, we all were taught that campaign promises are just promises that usually cannot be kept.

Maybe the schools are not informing the young that politics is all BS. smokes and whistlles that allow politicians to get rich from big businesseses. That politicians benefitting from Big businesses is not partison, all of the ones in DC seem to get lots of rewards, it is just what businesses bribe them that is different.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I had heavier than usual turnout in a NW suburb of Atlanta. I got in line at 6:15am with about 20 people ahead of me. Polls open at 7am. By the time I left around 7:30, the line was snaking around the building and parking lot of a very large elementary school.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They are trying to fool voters into believing our votes actually matter. Politicians never get what they say they are going to get done done, it is political lies, we all were taught that campaign promises are just promises that usually cannot be kept.

Maybe the schools are not informing the young that politics is all BS. smokes and whistlles that allow politicians to get rich from big businesseses. That politicians benefitting from Big businesses is not partison, all of the ones in DC seem to get lots of rewards, it is just what businesses bribe them that is different.

I'd actually prefer if the schools DIDN'T inform kids about politics. My older son is 23, and leaned left prior to this year. I believe I actually changed his mind about a few things this year as opposed to his listening to the bull his friends spout.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ah ok, this is just in.. those that want to vote for Biden have to wait to next week.
If you are voting Trump, you have to vote today, very important.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I can see our polling center from my front door. There are around 15-20 people that I can see standing outside waiting. I didn't think about looking at 7am, we typically have a decent turnout in our rural area.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 3-11-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
NightSkyeB4Dawn

I left home to vote at 7:20am. I got in line to vote at 7:40am. I returned home at 8:40am.

The line remained pretty steady. Almost the same amount of voters arriving as those that were leaving.

It was well organized and everyone appeared in good spirits. Everyone was friendly and neighborly. No political demonstrations and I did not overhear any political conversations.

Nothing new. It looked like every other time I have voted in this area.

edit on 3-11-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

link   
That sucks. A poll guy just asked me a question wrong and bumped me ahead 2 hours because of my answer.

"Last name" >>
"W" >>
"okay follow me" >>

HE didn't ask me district so when i got to the front they told me i was in the wrong line and moved me to the front of my district.

link   

This is why I voted by mail 16 times already, I had no intention of waiting on line and moving forward I will most likely not go to the polls again since this was so simple this year.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thanks

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Here in indiana there was a million early and mail in votes cast.
Last election there was only 2.5 million votes in total so close to one half of the voters were already done before today.

That being said... The polls were packed from 6 to 7 but I only waited in live 15 minutes at 730ish.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This is why I voted by mail 16 times already

Well that's forward thinking progressive behavior!

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

I would have voted more times but I ran out of dead relatives.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Seems more like you're fooling yourself into thinking voting doesn't matter. Yes it may be rigged to an extent but that doesn't mean votes don't influence the result. Also compare the promises Trump made to what he managed to get done, he got most of what he said he would do done and didn't suddenly flip his positions once he got into office. He also did it all under constant attack. Compared to almost any other politician Trump is a thousand percent more reliable when it comes to fulfilling promises and getting things done.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Thanks

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
To be honest election should always be like that ! Having only 50% of the citizen voting is not healty election should be made mandatory everywhere around the world !

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They are trying to fool voters into believing our votes actually matter.

It certainly matters more at the local level which is far more important to me than picking one of the two useless geezers running for President.

Two of my Town Council members live around the corner and I can make an unannounced visit any time they consider policy that I don't agree with.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Waterglass

I would have voted more times but I ran out of dead relatives.

I have a large cemetery in my backyard.....I usually pick a section of 40-50 and just register them all to my address....works beautifully.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join