It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China invades Nepal, illegally seizes territory

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Just ignore them and their power goes away, its obvious the dude just comes here to sh!t post.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Far be it for me to criticize anyone, but it didn't used to be like that on this forum. Trolls and the like were banned, or as you mentioned just ignored completely and they left of their own accord. Unfortunately there are people that are paying attention to them way more often than they should.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
a reply to: network dude

Just ignore them and their power goes away, its obvious the dude just comes here to sh!t post.

I think calling him out for the idiot he is, is important. If he can articulate his post and explain it, perhaps I am the idiot. if he can't, well, there that is.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Look at you projecting.

I can't stand the orange umpa lumps and I hold disdain for his fan club. All you see is enemies.

I hold issue with your bs projection. Frankly you're moaning about 5% of ATS and claiming they're 100% pro China.

I'm against the CCP in general. I'm also English and I wouldn't call anyone out hypocritically knowing my own nation's failings. I'm also about 10% of that 5% I mentioned.

Grow up. Stop projecting. Most of all quit pretending ATS has any semblance of resistance to the great orange echo chamber.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

But surely you realize that the USA has done similar:

These are all the countries the USA has invaded, in one map

... and that "replacing them with the sane nationalists in Taiwan" is stomping all over another country's sovereignty?

The USA (if it can find its way out of its own problems), needs to lead by example, not by showing how hypocritical, belligerent, and obnoxious it can be.
Are you defending the Communist Party of China? Good Lord, man, China’s involved in more evil deeds than any nation on Earth, and has been for the last 70 years. Its record is indefensible, no matter how much its apologists protest.

Just because the USA has done wicked things doesn’t mean China’s above reproach. The USA has invaded a lot of nations and been deeply involved in many conflicts since WWII. However, all but a few of the regimes we fought or tried to topple were beastly toward their own people and usually subverting or invading their neighbors.

North Korea, North Vietnam and Iraq conquered or tried to conquer their neighbors. We could have done nothing, and we could have gone about things differently, but we didn’t fight those evil regimes for loot or territory. South Korea, a vibrant, thriving democracy, would be like North Korea today if we hadn’t intervened at great cost in lives and treasure. Think about that: like North Korea. Iraq would very possibly still be ruled by Saddam Hussein or his sweet sons. The Vietnam War was a catastrophe but very possibly saved Thailand and Malaysia from subversion and conquest. Noriega in Panama was a monster; it’s a pretty nice place today, stable and prosperous enough for many Americans to retire to. Afghanistan might go back to Taliban rule when we depart, but can anyone except Muslim extremists and the traditional enemies of America say it wasn’t a good thing to oust those evil monsters? The things they did to women were ghastly, and they hosted al Qaeda.

The coups against Mossadegh and Allende were the major exceptions to benign U.S. interventions I can think of post-WWII. Sure, there were rotten things going on in Central America and the Caribbean to protect U.S. commercial interests, but I can’t feel sorry for the Sandinistas or Castro’s regime, which were rotten themselves. Aside from Costa Rica, I can’t think of any Central American or Caribbean regime until very recently that wasn’t deeply corrupt and incompetent.

Overall, I’d say America has been the major force for good and stability since WWII. World trade has flourished largely because of that stability and billions of people lead better lives as a result. China and Russia have conquered neighbors and still harbor imperial ambitions, but the United States has greatly restrained them, and no other nation could have done it.

I’m curious; do you think there’s a moral equivalence between China and America? Which of the two has done more good for the world in the last 70 years?
edit on 3-11-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariableConstant
Our people are so weak that they protested for goddamn haircuts.

Since when is standing up for liberty considered weak?

Way too many are still in denial that they have any responsibility to look out for others in the midst of a global pandemic.

Except that this isn't a real pandemic, just roughly the equivalent of (warning: trigger alert!) a really bad flu season.

They fight tooth and nail against even wearing a simple mask.

Because they are next to useless, have the potential to make the wearer sick, and worst of all, are ugly and uncomfortable as #.

Hell, there's a core of complete morons that are so far in to denial that they don't even believe the thing exists.

I've heard many make this claim, and the scary/funny thing is... it is entirely possible.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

There was no choice short of a hot war. Psychos like China get nukes, so it makes sense really. Given the relative ease for their production and how old the technology is, there is no keeping a lid on the technology. Nuclear proliferation is going to happen no matter what as technology gets better.

If everyone is armed, nobody will dare to attack and it ensures you can't be attacked either.

MAD. It works. Kept the world at peace for 70 years
edit on 11/3/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Not claiming anything. Simply pointing out that a small subset of individuals refuse to call out china for their gross and numerous civil rights violations, massacres, genocides, invasions, subversions, thefts, lies, etc.

Whatever the US or anybody else did is irrelevant next to the atrocities china has committed. Including the Lab-made plague it unleashed on the world, by accident or intention.

FYI, shifting blame to Trump instead of where it belongs (China) is absolutely, 100%, without a doubt a CCP talking point.

edit on 11/3/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

originally posted by: chr0naut

But surely you realize that the USA has done similar:

These are all the countries the USA has invaded, in one map

... and that "replacing them with the sane nationalists in Taiwan" is stomping all over another country's sovereignty?

The USA (if it can find its way out of its own problems), needs to lead by example, not by showing how hypocritical, belligerent, and obnoxious it can be.
Are you defending the Communist Party of China? Good Lord, man, China’s involved in more evil deeds than any nation on Earth, and has been for the last 70 years. Its record is indefensible, no matter how much its apologists protest.

Just because the USA has done wicked things doesn’t mean China’s above reproach. The USA has invaded a lot of nations and been deeply involved in many conflicts since WWII. However, all but a few of the regimes we fought or tried to topple were beastly toward their own people and usually subverting or invading their neighbors.

North Korea, North Vietnam and Iraq conquered or tried to conquer their neighbors. We could have done nothing, and we could have gone about things differently, but we didn’t fight those evil regimes for loot or territory. South Korea, a vibrant, thriving democracy, would be like North Korea today if we hadn’t intervened at great cost in lives and treasure. Think about that: like North Korea. Iraq would very possibly still be ruled by Saddam Hussein or his sweet sons. The Vietnam War was a catastrophe but very possibly saved Thailand and Malaysia from subversion and conquest. Noriega in Panama was a monster; it’s a pretty nice place today, stable and prosperous enough for many Americans to retire to. Afghanistan might go back to Taliban rule when we depart, but can anyone except Muslim extremists and the traditional enemies of America say it wasn’t a good thing to oust those evil monsters? The things they did to women were ghastly, and they hosted al Qaeda.

The coups against Mossadegh and Allende were the major exceptions to benign U.S. interventions I can think of post-WWII. Sure, there were rotten things going on in Central America and the Caribbean to protect U.S. commercial interests, but I can’t feel sorry for the Sandinistas or Castro’s regime, which were rotten themselves. Aside from Costa Rica, I can’t think of any Central American or Caribbean regime until very recently that wasn’t deeply corrupt and incompetent.

Overall, I’d say America has been the major force for good and stability since WWII. World trade has flourished largely because of that stability and billions of people lead better lives as a result. China and Russia have conquered neighbors and still harbor imperial ambitions, but the United States has greatly restrained them, and no other nation could have done it.

I’m curious; do you think there’s a moral equivalence between China and America? Which of the two has done more good for the world in the last 70 years?

I'm not trying to excuse China, but I can't condone what the USA has done as 'good'.

But as many have pointed out, this is off topic and should be about the situation in Nepal.

Apparently, local Nepalese people in Lapcha-Limi have complained to the Nepalese government that they were being harassed by the Chinese military between 30 August, to 9 September 2020. The locals have said that the buildings are visible for quite some distance but they are unable to approach and investigate further due to the presence of Chinese troops. They said that 8 new buildings were constructed in a very short time.

Apparently, the following 'photo is of the roughly 150-hectare compound (sourced via Twitter):

The District Administration Office office in Humla (near to the area encroached upon) has reported this to the Nepalese Ministry of Home Affairs and then on to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

According to Karhub News, there is an official investigating team which has visited the site and was supposed to have reported back to Nepal's central government last week.

The Nepalese PM, KP Sharma Oli, has this week denied it is a Chinese incursion, as has the Chinese government.

So, I don't really know if an "invasion" occurred, or not. Either way, both the Chinese and Nepalese governments are Communist ones, and actions within their sovereignty by a 'Western' power would not be tolerated.

Additionally, the average altitude of the Limi region of Humla Nepal is 13,000 feet which is at the lower end of requiring breathing equipment for people not acclimatized to the altitude.

Limi
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sources have said that the construction is approximately 2km inside the Nepalese border.

edit on 3/11/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Need to get their skates on to catch up with the likes of the British Empire of old.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Do you study military history?

During the Korean War -
Douglas Macathur's Marines marched up through North Korea to claim it. The marines got cut off eventually and were surounded on the Chosin mountains (chinese border).

They were vastly outnumbered. The Chinese surprised everyone by sneaking 250,000 soldiers undetected till the Marines were cut off.
Closer towards Russia was "mig valley" where the first recorded "dogfight" took place. We got destroyed there as well. :/

Thus, creating a new form of combat and creating jets that can match up with a mig.

[Inspired Top Gun]

www.history.com...

a reply to: dragonridr

edit on 3-11-2020 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Not claiming anything. Simply pointing out that a small subset of individuals refuse to call out china for their gross and numerous civil rights violations, massacres, genocides, invasions, subversions, thefts, lies, etc

Yet I already put my self forward as someone who doesn't support Trump and is consistently against the CCP. Since that subset is quite literally in the double digits here at ATS I'm not exactly an insignificant portion of that group.

Whatever the US or anybody else did is irrelevant next to the atrocities china has committed. Including the Lab-made plague it unleashed on the world, by accident or intention.

But they're worse?

That's a cop out. I've also been very vocal about my own government's involvement in toppling Libya, their failed attempts in Syria, the illegal wars and meddling our nation's were locked hand in hand in. Both our nation's are still heavily involved in conflict zones we orchestrated or put our face where it don't belong.

FYI, shifting blame to Trump instead of where it belongs (China) is absolutely, 100%, without a doubt a CCP talking point.

It is whataboutism.

However I'd say we're all hypocritical westerners to call the kettle black whilst we fail to hold our own pots to the dirt they've accumulated. The Saud's have such a great human rights record.

As said I'm English and a lover of history. I know all about subjection, manipulation and propaganda. We were/are masters if it. Those who forget history are usually apt to repeating it. Our pasts and present is relevant.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
THE ONLY business THE US should have with china is keeping the straight open and GETTING Factory's BACK HERE .
as To Nepal they Invade its NOT the US place to POLICE the world .

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Attention Please -

The topic of this thread is "China invades Nepal, illegally seizes territory". Please return to the topic of the thread or face possible Posting Bans. If you wish to discuss something else, post a thread of your own.

Do not reply to this post.

<< 1  2   >>

join