It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong battling potentially deadly superbug - Could have spread because isolation facilities

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

According to the authority, there were 136 cases reported in the city in the first 10 months of this year, compared to 20 in the whole of 2019.

Patients have between a 30 and 60 per cent chance of dying, depending on which part of the body is infected. The authority did not say how many of this year’s cases had proved fatal.

“We hope to control the fungus within the hospitals and elderly homes, so it won’t be spread to the community,” he said.

Hong Kong battling potentially deadly superbug authorities say could have spread because isolation facilities are being used in fight against Covid-19

They are fighting a drug-resistant fungus. The superbug is spreading through old folks homes and hospitals.

Candida auris will target the digestive tract, oral cavity, vagina and skin.

Sounds much more deadly than the new cold virus.

I believe a member who is a hospital admin warned us something like this was going to happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Can you ship me dose ASAP please!

I’d like to become one of the first immune.

No virus is going to take me out this life.

Live in fear — experience as much.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Is this like potentially pregnant?

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Not sure you can become immune to a super fungus.

Just pointing out that the cures seem to be worst than the cold virus.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I don’t care!

Bring it all on!

Ever know a PHD microbiologist?

The more you come in contact with — the more immune at an older age, you are.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So there is a fungus among us. Superbug pretty much how George Carlin described it would happen. Its been posted dozens of times but it needs repeating

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Who had super vagina fungus for november on the apocalypse bingo board?

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

super fungai is the new threat, they will call it FUNGI-20 and we will all be forced to get the mark of the beast FG20 holographic vaccination

yikes...

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Its a yeast infection. Fungus.

My immune system is super susceptible to candida. I take diflucan 3 to 4 times a year to because of it. And a standing order for nistatin at my pharmacy. This bug could kill me easily.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Can you ship me dose ASAP please!

I’d like to become one of the first immune.

No virus is going to take me out this life.

Live in fear — experience as much.

This isn't a virus, it's a massively dangerous, anti-fungal resistant yeast infection.

From last year:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.nytimes.com...

The man at Mount Sinai died after 90 days in the hospital, but C. auris did not. Tests showed it was everywhere in his room, so invasive that the hospital needed special cleaning equipment and had to rip out some of the ceiling and floor tiles to eradicate it.

“Everything was positive — the walls, the bed, the doors, the curtains, the phones, the sink, the whiteboard, the poles, the pump,” said Dr. Scott Lorin, the hospital’s president. “The mattress, the bed rails, the canister holes, the window shades, the ceiling, everything in the room was positive.”

C. auris is so tenacious, in part, because it is impervious to major antifungal medications, making it a new example of one of the world’s most intractable health threats: the rise of drug-resistant infections.

I'm not in the medical community in any way, but I did grow up on a ranch. Fungus should scare people more than viruses and all but the most deadly bacteria. While the Hollywood concept of zombies is ridiculous, there is actually growing concerns that something approximate to the "zombie apocalypse" actually could occur out of the world of fungi. Cordyceps fungus' lifecycle involves zombie ants. The fungal spores drill into the ant's head and take over the brain and nervous system... the fungus instructs the ant to climb a tree over their colony, and secure itself onto the tree as the fungus' stalk grows out of the ant's head, eventually killing the ant prior to the stalk bursting and raining new spores down on the colony ants below to start the process over again.

You're not going to find immunity to any fungus.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Can this year actually get any worse???!!!

Touchwood!

What does November hold for us a space bat angel dragon ffs.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That is the most metal thing I've heard all year.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So....

Blame Candida?!

I'll see myself out.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
All the unnatural and unnaturally concentrated chemistry we are adding to the environment is going to take down mankind. Plus, add travel and moving supplies all over the world and this will spread out everywhere. Twenty percent mortality rate in older people is probably about the same as Covid. Now is this fungus already here in America, undetected because they do not know what it is?

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm just waiting.. I think the dates wrong :/
Just go to remember,i must hire a limo.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Anyone notice that there are more and more antibacterial products out there? I even saw an ad for antibacterial toothpaste. Good lord. We have a lot of good bacteria in and on our bodies and they're trying to kill it. We'll have environments that are so sterile, we'll all develop auto immune disorder or something else just as bad.

Staff infections are hard to get rid of and can be deadly. They're a specialty of hospitals and sterile environments.

We need germ resistance training not sterile environments.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That is the most metal thing I've heard all year.

I can't disagree. The mind boggles to think of the results if a primate-specific codryceps fungus ever mutated.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Anyone notice that there are more and more antibacterial products out there? I even saw an ad for antibacterial toothpaste. Good lord. We have a lot of good bacteria in and on our bodies and they're trying to kill it. We'll have environments that are so sterile, we'll all develop auto immune disorder or something else just as bad.

Staff infections are hard to get rid of and can be deadly. They're a specialty of hospitals and sterile environments.

Not exactly. Microbes mutate and evolve a lot quicker than higher organisms do. The actual result of all those antibacterial products and idiotic overuse of antibiotics for decades hasn't been a reduction in our immune system, it's been superbugs that have developed resistances or even immunity to most of the substances we tried to use to kill them out. Disturbingly, the crap like MRSA and Candida are evolving faster than science is discovering new treatments. Eventually that will leave a significant mark.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Baking soda, people. Half a teaspoon in a glass of water several times a day. It's cheap and it's natural. Start making your body adverse to fungal growth now! It also helps oxygenate the blood, so you get a boost from drinking it, too!

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Not exactly. Microbes mutate and evolve a lot quicker than higher organisms do. The actual result of all those antibacterial products and idiotic overuse of antibiotics for decades hasn't been a reduction in our immune system, it's been superbugs that have developed resistances or even immunity to most of the substances we tried to use to kill them out. Disturbingly, the crap like MRSA and Candida are evolving faster than science is discovering new treatments. Eventually that will leave a significant mark.

I know... remember when hand sanitizer was BAD? Now it's all the rage. Crazy times, these.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join