It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ongoing Terrorist attack in Vienna

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The attack started 2 hours ago and is believed to be being carried out by multiple attackers , at least one is said to have a long barreled gun.
Several people including a police officer are reproted to have been killed , unconfirmed reports of a hostage situation at a Chinese restaurant and shooting at the Hilton Hotel , one attacker is believed to have been killed.

The interior minister described the incident as a "terror attack" and said that one attacker had died.

Another was "on the run" in the Austrian capital after the shooting.

A large-scale security operation is under way.

Police have urged people to avoid all public spaces in the area and not to take public transport.

Road blocks have been set up around the city centre. Footage posted on social media showed people running as what was reported to be gunshots could be heard.

The shooting reportedly took place on a street near a synagogue.
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 2-11-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
7 civis dead, one terrorist killed & one captured, multiple more active shooters at large.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
7 civis dead, one terrorist killed & one captured, multiple more active shooters at large.

Scary how European countries can be turned into war zones in a moments notice. Hopefully this will end soon!

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

False flag terror attacks just before the election eh.

RIP poor peeps

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
France is having an election too?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

False flag terror attacks just before the election eh.

Not everything is related to your election.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Oh I am an idiot, vienna isn't in france......

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Totally, couldn’t be the millions of refugees they took in from 3rd world countries with polar opposite way of life’s.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Authorities asked for social media silence about the attack, not much news coming through here

I agree, this is staged! one day before the us election, and exactly what everyone was expecting to happen after the murder on the French school teacher, and the two other attacks in France last week. Didn't expect it to be Vienna though

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

You don't think this one is playing right into Trumps cards? Right wing parties in Europe are doing a happy dance right this moment.... can't imagine it to be different in other parts of the world

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thoughts with all those caught up in this abhorrent act.

A time for steady and calm heads, these murdering scum are trying to drive division, we cannot allow them.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hope they stop the carnage immediately.

civilians don't need to be sacrificed for someone else's religious war. If you want to die for your God, do it like a man on the battlefield. Killing unarmed innocents doesn't seem like something even a prick God would want. I'd go so far as to say, if the God you believe in wants you to take the life of others, then your God sucks monkey balls.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
www.jewishpress.com...

Video at the bottom shows an attacker with an ak variant. Shooting at people on the street.
edit on 2-11-2020 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

You don't think this one is playing right into Trumps cards?

I don't think this has anything to do with American politics , it's part of the ongoing attacks in Europe.

Unconfirmed reports that one of the attackers was speaking Turkish.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle

You don't think this one is playing right into Trumps cards? Right wing parties in Europe are doing a happy dance right this moment.... can't imagine it to be different in other parts of the world

nothing happy about innocent people dying.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle

Depends who turns out to be responsible,it may be Islamic fanatics,or it may be nazi fanatics(I mean,its Austria).

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

maybe, maybe not... we'll see how it is 'used' in the next couple hours.
Hell of a coincidence though...
but maybe I'm jumping to conclusions

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Reports the Austrian Interior Ministry have said 15 people have been injured.

edit on 2-11-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oh I agree with that!

But it is what extreme right is doing every time a muslim or refugee attacks. Every time they do so the people get angrier, and they get votes...

Last week I actually thought we were going straight to a civilian war. Even asked my kids to stay away from the big cities (not that they would go since we are on lock down but anyway)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

a reply to: KindraLaBelle

You don't think this one is playing right into Trumps cards?

I don't think this has anything to do with American politics , it's part of the ongoing attacks in Europe.

Unconfirmed reports that one of the attackers was speaking Turkish.

One of Europe’s largest mistakes was allowing the grey wolves to operate with impunity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join