It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Trump run again in 2024?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
FDR served 4 terms and Trump or anyone else could do the same...

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

FDR served 4 terms and Trump or anyone else could do the same...

This was prior to the 22nd amendment being put in place (which was 1947). It's now a 2 term limit, though whether this is purely consecutive only, or whether you can run for one term only, is a bit of a grey area. I don't see where Trump can't seek a second single term when he loses these elections.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

If he wins he cant if he losses he won't. Trump will go whining off into the sunset if he losses his feeling will be hurt which will prevent him from running again. Though I will say at some future date expect Jarred Kushner to run. Hes learning all the behind the scenes stuff right now so I suspect he may try

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If he wins he cant if he losses he won't. Trump will go whining off into the sunset if he losses his feeling will be hurt

hmm... I don't know.... I think he'll whine but he'll be rather content about being free to pursue his other projects. I'm still of the position he never intended to win 2016. I also have no doubt his supporters will push him to a 24' run.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Run, he can barely walk down a ramp...

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MachineMan

Leftists heads will explode again when Trumps wins re-election in a landslide.

Will they dig him out, or just leave him there?

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

LOL, seriously?

Nice bait.

Enjoying the fishing, season closes in about 48 hours when the salt harvest begins.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: THeGreaTZoiD

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
In Trumps case. He should get an extra 4 years. That would work out to 12 total years. But the 1st term of 4 years wouldn't count. Because of all the distractions of the fraud Russia hoax. Not to mention the Severely Biased Media.

What do you think of that!

Just wait when trump loose....and he will...

Your gonna find out hat the only fraud was trump...the Russia investigation was legitimate ...And yes the conclusion where that trump commited a crime....the only reason he is not in prison is that u can't charge a sitting president...
And he should also be charge for downplaying the pandemic...cause any other person that cause death exercising is position because of a professional fault wood be charge...

So my prediction is trump will run away before the end of is mandate...and leave USA with the Bs he cause...the equivalent of farting in the elevator before you get out...

So to be sure I get this, the Mueller probe didn't find anything, but it was legit, and all that's needed to bring Trump down?
And when Mueller said that the sitting president thing wasn't a factor, he was kidding? I'm not sure I believe you.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: THeGreaTZoiD

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
In Trumps case. He should get an extra 4 years. That would work out to 12 total years. But the 1st term of 4 years wouldn't count. Because of all the distractions of the fraud Russia hoax. Not to mention the Severely Biased Media.

What do you think of that!

Just wait when trump loose....and he will...

Your gonna find out hat the only fraud was trump...the Russia investigation was legitimate ...And yes the conclusion where that trump commited a crime....the only reason he is not in prison is that u can't charge a sitting president...
And he should also be charge for downplaying the pandemic...cause any other person that cause death exercising is position because of a professional fault wood be charge...

So my prediction is trump will run away before the end of is mandate...and leave USA with the Bs he cause...the equivalent of farting in the elevator before you get out...

You're delusional. Everyone that's not a Democrat knows the Russia hoax was just that - a hoax. To deny that means you are denying the truth. Go play in a sandbox somewhere.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The fact that you would even make a thread about this is laughable. This is common knowledge, and you thought it was news.

Christ, do you people know anything about this country?

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
As much as I love the job Trump has done as President, two terms is enough for every President. Yes he got the shaft by Democrats and the media with the fake Russia stories and BS impeachment, but still. Not to mention how old he'll be!

I think you'll find Republicans in favor of term limits for all elected officials, including POTUS, but especially for these waste of space politicians like Biden who've been in office 40+ years.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: dragonridr

If he wins he cant if he losses he won't. Trump will go whining off into the sunset if he losses his feeling will be hurt

hmm... I don't know.... I think he'll whine but he'll be rather content about being free to pursue his other projects. I'm still of the position he never intended to win 2016. I also have no doubt his supporters will push him to a 24' run.

I agree. I don’t think he intended to win in 2016.

He’s got a lot of criminal charges — waiting for him in the wings.

Can a felon run for president? It could happen

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Well, could Trump or any president for that matter do so if they've only completed one term?

Ummm... you think this is news? Maybe to ignoramuses, but this is obvious on its face, no silly legal analysis needed.

The answer so far is yes folks (Trump fans will be happy to know!).

Oh, really? Sorry, but Trump's landslide re-election win will automatically disqualify him from running in 2024.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If the Supreme Court can be "Packed" by Dems, Repubs could attempt to change the 22nd...let Him run again in 2024 regardless. Especially if He landslides.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Don't be silly, Annee. Or is it Silly?

I would agree if you said he was surprised, because he fell for the lying poles too, but as to intention, of course he intended to win.

He’s got a lot of criminal charges — waiting for him in the wings.

Nope... only in your mind.

Otherwise - post them. What criminal charges will he be facing? If this is true, why didn't Mueller outline the crimes he committed to provide for real, substantive causes for impeachment?

And spare me the garbage about 'no sitting President can be prosecuted' as to why Mueller didn't. Inability to prosecute has ZERO bearing on whether or not he outlines criminal acts that he has supporting evidence for. In fact, that would have provided serious meat to the fake impeachment scam that the demwits engaged in.

Mueller didn't outline any, because there weren't any. PERIOD.
edit on 2-11-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Annee

Don't be silly, Annee. Or is it Silly?

Silly argues — I don’t.

I state what I think and mostly leave it at that.

I’ve been the same person since 2007.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
If the Supreme Court can be "Packed" by Dems, Repubs could attempt to change the 22nd...

They wouldn't have enough legislatures to get anything passed.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Mueller was not done.

He was stopped.

Time will tell on the rest of it.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Gonna be difficult to run a campaign from a prison cell.; particularly if it's at a federal supermax. No rallies, no twitter, no contact with the outside world. When he loses, he is done for good. He will probably flee the country before his term is up; just as he has suggested he will do.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Gonna be difficult to run a campaign from a prison cell.; particularly if it's at a federal supermax. No rallies, no twitter, no contact with the outside world. When he loses, he is done for good. He will probably flee the country before his term is up; just as he has suggested he will do.

It is a real possibility.

Even if his supporters try to deny it.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join