It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Trump run again in 2024?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, could Trump or any president for that matter do so if they've only completed one term?

The answer so far is yes folks (Trump fans will be happy to know!).

The 22nd Amendment specifically states that no president shall serve more than two terms. It does not specify whether those terms have to be consecutive!

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Source

And we do have an actual example of a president that served two non-consecutive terms:

Stephen Grover Cleveland (March 18, 1837 – June 24, 1908) was an American politician and lawyer who was the 22nd and 24th president of the United States, the only president in American history to serve two non-consecutive terms in office (1885–1889 and 1893–1897). He won the popular vote for three presidential elections—in 1884, 1888, and 1892—and was one of two Democrats (with Woodrow Wilson) to be elected president during the era of Republican political domination dating from 1861 to 1933.

Source

So, there's nothing clear that I could see stopping Trump from trying again. He's 74 now, and he'll be 78 years old in 2024, same as Biden, so yea, nothing stopping him. I'd be curious to know what ATSers think of this? Would you back him? Do you think he'd have a chance? Do you disagree on my interpretation?

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
No, he is not allowed a third term.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Leftists heads will explode again when Trumps wins re-election in a landslide.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I dont think trump will run for a second time if he loose these election

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
In Trumps case. He should get an extra 4 years. That would work out to 12 total years. But the 1st term of 4 years wouldn't count. Because of all the distractions of the fraud Russia hoax. Not to mention the Severely Biased Media.

What do you think of that!

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

I dont think trump will run for a second time if he loose these election

I doubt it as well. I don't even believe his intention was to win 2016. Regardless, it's an interesting question to put forth as I get the feeling it will be a frequented one for time to come following these elections.I seem to be leaning as a yes, and I wouldn't be surprised his avid supporters would be pushing him towards this.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

Very good sir .

This made me lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Actually , under certain conditions , a US president can.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The same OP is still showing us all that he’s fully aware that Trump is going to win re-election

It’s obvious SG, you’re expecting a Trump win in two days time, just like the dEmocrat party.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ah you'll all be back to this topic of the elections! That's if the 'illegal vote' matter doesn't go your way.

Look forward to touching base again with you all!

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Actually , under certain conditions , a US president can.

He is being sarcastic , he is insinuating it's an obvious win for Trump in 2020.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

You won’t be back after Tuesday

dEmocrat fraud won’t be anywhere near enough

The majority of Americans is far too large, Trump will step away from office in 2025, and you’ll be upset at the new republican President then as well

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
If he doesn't win, he will be rebuked by everyone (dems&GOP) and probably put on trial for more manufactured bull #. Pray for POTUS and for a fair election.

Vote

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Why are you looking for Trump to win a third term? That's not like you.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why are you looking for Trump to win a third term? That's not like you.

SG jumped on the Trump Train!

Glad to have you bro! But no, only 2 terms for Tump. Same as any president I'm afraid.
edit on 11 2 2020 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Of course the key word is elected. He could still run as a vice president and then if his ticket wins the new president could step down and he could serve the balance of the term.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Exactly:

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

Nor do I. I think he will set up shop and take control of a media outlet that will allow him to make a constant media barrage against the Democrats, all while grooming his own little puppet to run in 24

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

ho yeah he wanted to win in 2016 if you go way back he was always talking about if he was president he would that thin or this thing way back more then 10 years ago

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
In Trumps case. He should get an extra 4 years. That would work out to 12 total years. But the 1st term of 4 years wouldn't count. Because of all the distractions of the fraud Russia hoax. Not to mention the Severely Biased Media.

What do you think of that!

Just wait when trump loose....and he will...

Your gonna find out hat the only fraud was trump...the Russia investigation was legitimate ...And yes the conclusion where that trump commited a crime....the only reason he is not in prison is that u can't charge a sitting president...
And he should also be charge for downplaying the pandemic...cause any other person that cause death exercising is position because of a professional fault wood be charge...

So my prediction is trump will run away before the end of is mandate...and leave USA with the Bs he cause...the equivalent of farting in the elevator before you get out...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join