It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Wave a shock to me in Hickory NC

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So I live here in hickory NC and I am in a predominately Hispanic neighborhood about 2 miles down from the Trump Rally occurring later today. For the last 5 years I have kept my politics to myself thinking it wouldn't be a popular stance and my kid plays with many Hispanic kids and they come play at my house and he at their houses. So today around lunchtime I go outside and there are Hispanic cookouts and Trump flags all over their vehicles. One asked me if I was going to the rally and I said I couldn't cause I work for a fang company and if I got caught on cam I would likely be fired. So he asked me to let his kids come play video games at my house with my son while they went.

Ive been a closet Trump supporter for years and for no reason lol.

www.youtube.com...

My Wife is somewhere in there. Filipina born American citizen
edit on 1-11-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

An ATS leftist will be in this thread shortly to tell you that what you just experienced was an aberration, there is no Trump support in the Hispanic communities because CNN told them so and then somehow work in that you are racist.

As for me, congratulations on getting closer to your community members.

We will need all the unity we can get in our communities when the dust all settles next year.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

An ATS leftist will be in this thread shortly to tell you that what you just experienced was an aberration, there is no Trump support in the Hispanic communities because CNN told them so and then somehow work in that you are racist.

We will need all the unity we can get in our communities when the dust all settles next year.

Or, or, you're a mentalist who makes up his own reality and deductions thereafter.

Kidding, you're 100% right.

Remember, shoot first, they're all the enemy. The war is coming or you're already soldiers and didn't even know it yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink
So I live here in hickory NC and I am in a predominately Hispanic neighborhood about 2 miles down from the Trump Rally occurring later today. For the last 5 years I have kept my politics to myself thinking it wouldn't be a popular stance and my kid plays with many Hispanic kids and they come play at my house and he at their houses. So today around lunchtime I go outside and there are Hispanic cookouts and Trump flags all over their vehicles. One asked me if I was going to the rally and I said I couldn't cause I work for a fang company and if I got caught on cam I would likely be fired. So he asked me to let his kids come play video games at my house with my son while they went.

Democrat leadership.. in their hubris and racism... believe that blacks and hispanics are dumb and lower and inferior forms of life.. so dumb that they cant comprehend the reality of what the Dem policies mean to them and their community.

They underestimated minority intelligence AND integrity.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Sad thing is the majority of folks I am sure are democrats but the party has left them and is offering nothing but the resemblance of a 5 yr old temper tantrum you hear at the supermarket when mom says no.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

My Wife is somewhere in there. Filipina born American citizen

My wife is from the Philippines.

Every person from the Philippine I know who can vote are voting for Trump.

They are mad at Democrats wanting to let everyone in when they work so hard and pay so much to get here.

Philippines are great at seeing through political BS.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Same here man. Filipina's network like crazy to my wife has hundreds of friends that feel the same way. In fact, they went as a group to support trump think theirs like 10 my wife went with on short notice.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Advantage

Sad thing is the majority of folks I am sure are democrats but the party has left them and is offering nothing but the resemblance of a 5 yr old temper tantrum you hear at the supermarket when mom says no.

Well, old school democrats arent for the things that the new prog dems are either. Unfortunately they keep voting democrat and crossing their fingers. What needs to be shown more is that Trump isnt a "republican" and republicans in govt have turned on him. That oughtto tell folks something...

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is so interesting. Its like the Dems and Repubs have swapped agendas.

Whoda thunk it. Id like to see Trump declare himself an independant if he wins again.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

That would be awesome and then gets governors on board with a convention of states to add term limits to the house,senate and the supreme court.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
THAT needs to be a priority. That and a reset of powers congress has given to the executive.

Specifically, Congress needs to declare wars.

Peeps hate us cuz too many presidents are warmongers with no oversight.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Lumenari

Or, or, you're a mentalist who makes up his own reality and deductions thereafter.

Kidding, you're 100% right.

Remember, shoot first, they're all the enemy. The war is coming or you're already soldiers and didn't even know it yet.

do they pay bonus for the really, really stupid posts? if so, enjoy your financial windfall.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I’m to the west of you living outside of Weirdville, you may know it as Asheville. I see Trump signs and flags everywhere outside of city limits but as soon as you hit the city you see more Biden or Black Lives Matters signs.

I’ve noticed the BLM signs are primarily in the once black owned areas of Asheville. They are no longer black dominant area because the taxes went up and pushed them out. Now you have middle to upper class whites flying their BLM pride while they’re ignorant to the history of their now gentrified neighborhood.
Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Democrat leadership.. in their hubris and racism... believe that blacks and hispanics are dumb and lower and inferior forms of life.. so dumb that they cant comprehend the reality of what the Dem policies mean to them and their community.

They underestimated minority intelligence AND integrity.

You got that pretty well said, it is happening and I have seen it happening even locally. Most hispanics are pretty smart, but remember, some of them chew on Habanaro peppers to show how badass they are...that isn't too smart. Most of them can see that political propaganda is just propaganda. They know they are not going to gain anything from the Democrats. Most of the ones who can legally vote actually want them leaving some of the troublepushing mexicans that come to screw up their kids lives.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

a reply to: lakenheath24

That would be awesome and then gets governors on board with a convention of states to add term limits to the house,senate and the supreme court.

Please stop spreading this ridiculous and very dangerous idea.

Anyone who thinks that a CoS would end well is delusional. There is only one precendent, and that is the CoS that had one agenda - to amend the Articles of Confederation, and they ended up totally scrapping it.

This is precisely what would happen if another one is ever called... bye-bye 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th and 10th amendments - hello NWO.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

An ATS leftist will be in this thread shortly to tell you that what you just experienced was an aberration,

Oh my am I ever so late. Sorry, I was held up for a bit. I'm sorry it had to be me that finally got here and be the one you predicted. Or was it a prophesy. Doesn't matter I guess, I'm here now anyway.

Ok so what was it I was supposed to declare? Yeah, I remember now. blah blah blah blah.

I'd ridicule you more but you know how it is, I gotta head off for a meeting of the Massive ATS Left Wing Cabal and find out why no one else got here before me. Hell, it's been over thirteen hours. We must be slipping.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There sure are a bunch of us from NC on here. In little Davie county here. Helped a friend move from one side to the other in

Chapel Hill and it seemed the McMansion communities showed Bidet support whlie middle class folks strongly support Trump.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: savagediver

Chapel Hillis over close to Raliegh. Here in Mocksville and surrounding county are very strongly Trump.

top topics

join