It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Float On

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I guess I'm not the only one who has built up a bit anxiety over 2020 and... you know Tuesday
*shreek
Over my time here I believe I have pretty much insulted everyone and I want you to know even if I think your opinions are all wrong, because they're not mine, you're still the most interesting people on the internet.
Also it's nothing personal, I'm just a colourful dumbass like you.

Anyhoo my office is open, if you want to talk about your feelings I'm here beyond every perceived difference, you matter. It's going to be okay.
Everything that happened, happens and will happen is just something we have to go through to grow.
The world never ends.

So grab a Bowl of pasta salad and let's talk about you.
How are you feeling?

Have a song

and a laugh

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Gave up thinking I have any control over anything but my own decisions ages ago so, 2020 hasn’t really been that bad for me
People come and go
Though Biden as president could be horrific

So far, content

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Just another beautiful day in any town usa. Dont worry about things you cannot control and own any and all decisions that you have control of. Now grab a sixer and sing along cuz we'll all float on alright.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The last selfie took me over the edge. I haven't laughed like that in a few days.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

How are you feeling?

Will take the bait, it has been a long time anyone asked that question "to me". Lonely would be a good description. It's hard in these times to find friends. I had to move during the onset of corona and except for my neighbors, I didn't get to know a lot of people here. I miss eye-to-eye conversations with others in my age. I miss hugs and giving them out to someone.

But I am relative healthy and my child is healthy, I have enough to eat and a dry place to sleep. I won't complain too loud. I work on my future, it's just that I come close to accept that the lonely part won't change and is also my fault.

I can't blame others if they don't like me but I don't know why I am such a unloveable person, I miss the feedback from outside.

Thank you for asking, it was good to type this out
edit on 1.11.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Good for you

Tbh I don't worry as much about who'll be elected as the aftermath. People are quite on the edge.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

It's a pretty perfect song for the occasion, right? And if you don't mind I'll have a Vanilla Cappuccino with Advocaat...

a reply to: Trucker1

My favourite too

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I hear you. A lot of people are going through difficult times. Sorry, here comes the platitude:
Nothing stays the same forever.

I've read so many books since spring... hang in there.
How's your little one handling it? I've heard quite a few kids get scared by the masks?

edit on 1-11-2020 by Peeple because: ts,ts,ts

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Another Modest Mouse fan

2020 is a year for ‘Bukowski’ not ‘float on’.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
She's okay with them, but she did not had to wear one yet. Children do not have to and docters advise against children wearing maskes.

The bigger issue I see is the impression this all leaves on her. She is in an age now (almost pre-school) where she begins to understand and how often did she hear that...

x can not be done because of Corona. She knows the word and has understood people can get sick from it. It's inevitable children pick this up. I also see the world she is growing into. I do my best to prepare her for that by teaching her to ask as many questions she can come up with.

The last thing I want is her copying my thoughts, I want her to arrive on her own conclusions, give a helping hand but provide her with the tools she needs to think critical.

How do you feel currently? Do you worry about safety in your location? If big riots start whatever the result of the election will be?

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Thats my jam, cheers, havnt heard it for a bit.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Oh my that's a really little little one!

It's just that feeling of something fateful looming. I can't even tell you what it is I expect to happen. I have painted for myself a few worst-case-scenarios in a hope to ban them I guess?

Whenever I make a prediction it utterly fails, so: I predict riots are going to happen!
Lol, puh I just saved us all.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

But one time out of ten, everything is perfect for us all.
Well I want a better place or just a better way to fall.
Here we go!

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tim2win
I smella super ats compilation thread, 1 song if you had to pick one per person, id listen to that.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Yes perfect song in fact the first time I heard modest mouse a few years back I told my son this is how I actually live.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This whole year 2020 is so crazy and not predictable...

All we can do is to make the best of ourselves

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

This makes me even more upset with you in that I can't remember even 1 time when we experienced a confrontation. I think you wrote this op for the sole purpose of excluding me yet again. I'm mad, mad, mad.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Oh no Baby, don't be like that.
I was just drunk and having fun.
It doesn't mean anything

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Your avatars always make me smile.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link