It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe approves first flying car to hit the roads (and skies)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

It appears the the flying car known as the Liberty by Pal-V has been approved by the Europen Union for European roads.

The Liberty is a two-seater with three wheels and a gyroplane. Drivers will need a pilot’s license to operate the unique vehicle. It can drive up to 100 miles per hour, fly up to 112 miles per hour and can fly 310 miles on one tank of fuel. It’s powered by a propeller and looks similar to a helicopter in flight. But once landed the propeller folds away and its tail retracts for driving.

Each of the first 90 limited edition Liberty will cost $583,515 and the standardized version will be about $466.812 after that.

They say the vehicles will roll out in Europe in 2022. I kinda like these vehicles. Not necessarily my cup of tea but I'll be rooting for them to be successful. Anyway, what does ATS think?

www.yahoo.com...

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
Well, I don't envy you guys in EU. Now you gotta worry about idiot drivers from above, as well lol.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I saw this one yesterday!

Someone strapped a parachute and an air boat motor to their multi seat ATV... Took off, flew right into the nearest building.

I laughed a lot watching the ATV shatter against the concrete... I like to think they got into the air and couldn't understand why the steering wheel stopped working.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

from the OP's link, last sentence.

Each of the first 90 limited edition Liberty will cost $583,515 and the standardized version will be about $466.812 after that.

at a half a million bucks, bet there won't be many flying around.

edit on 31-10-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
So, it's a gyrocopter. Technology from the 1920s and 30s. A hundred year old itea.

All the headaches of a car along with the headaches of an aircraft. Still need pilots license and regular cirtification of the vehicle. Oh, and still needs a runway for takeoff and landing.

Nice toy but not practical for transportation. The only advantage is not having to rent a hanger at the airport and not having to rent a car when you get to another airport.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Well, I don't envy you guys in EU. Now you gotta worry about idiot drivers from above, as well lol.

Yea, and you even drive on the wrong side of the sky.
There will be many holes in the ground.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Personally I think it has all been done before but technology has come a long way since the earlier flying car attempt's, look's to be a Gyrocopter Car Hybrid to me, interesting and I do hope it is a success but it need's to be much cheaper and easier to fly to be a game changer, currently at these prices this is just a rich boy's toy and they could buy a far better dedicated car or a far better dedicated aircraft for far less than this will cost.

Still this is now legal as a flying car so that will make some folk's just have to have it, even if they never actually use it since the early models in particular stand a good chance of going up in value and make an interesting investment option as well as a historically important vehicle.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Agreed I read your post AFTER making mine or may have skipped it, it is nothing new but it is a milestone in the respect that it has achieved legal certification in the EU, that makes it a historically important vehicle in at least that respect BUT the Chinese look to be very far ahead of this with there concept's for flying cars, yes they are just rehashing ideas that were decades old in the west and never came to fruition due to lack of investments etc but that is were the Chines are going to succeed they ARE investing in them.

Not only that but also Self piloting Taxi's, drone Taxi's that will be true VTOL and not just STOL.

How have we slipped so far from our childhood Jetson's dream's, simply corrupt Bankers an corrupt government's with severe myopia have put paid to development and scientific excellence in the west.

A lack of imagination and an inability to dream of a better more humane future meant that our leaders and our financial institutions sold our future to the source of the cheapest labour along with our job's and industry.

Only now that the power of the elite is being toppled are they trying to grasp it back, far too late in my opinion but perhaps we will get to see an excellent future after all even if that mean's the modern JP Morgan's of this world will have to let the modern Teslas build there Wardenclyffe towers after all.

Oh how different the world could have been and how much further ahead we should have been by now.

Want to think that just maybe the Elite and the Black government may have built these thing's for themselves while keeping us in the stone age.
nexusnewsfeed.com...

Control.

edit on 1-11-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Darwin is looking down with great approval.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
With the amount of people unable to safely move a four wheeled vehicle, while still managing to use turn signals and abide the laws, on public roads...

I don't see this becoming a big thing with manual operation. It either will be self flying or not. I don't think we need to add another dimension of complexity.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: post=25514926]beyondknowledge[/post]

Last I checked, you didn't need a pilots license in the USA for a gyrocopter.

We have about a billion other laws to keep me from owning one, though.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Definitely needs to be automated-most people cant even drive cars safely,the last thing we need are thousands of gyros flying about piloted by joe public.

This isn't even a proper flying car

That said,there are many companies working on their own version of the flying car-even huge companies like Boeing,so it does look as though this idea will "take off" in the near future.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Oh good, I guess now we will have to pay.

CLOUD TAX

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I bet insurance companies love it because then they can insure everyone against flying cars. It's going to be an extra charge on top of the plane insurance, because..... reasons money.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Looking forward to the first 'woman can't parallel park her sky car' video.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I can parallel park my sky car!

It's not that hard, it's speed, angle and momentum.

That's an inside joke only a few will understand, though.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Looking at the shape of the car, I note that with further small modification it could be a flying amphibicar. A mere few hundred thousand more added to the base price would allow it to do three things poorly, instead of just two, and significantly increase its Darwin factor.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Looking forward to the first 'woman can't parallel park her sky car' video.

You can't park helicopters, I mean gyrocopters in the sky if you want to even try.
edit on 1-11-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap
I am sure you are a hoot at the covid parties!

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   
People cant even use their indicators properly..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join