It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey...its Halloween, who has pumpkin recipes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I wanted to buy a pumpkin but have no idea what to do with it when its over.
I LOVE roasted pumpkin seeds and I love soups.....not a clue what to do with a pumpkin??

Any and all ideas and recipes are welcome.

I am gonna eat a pumpkin, I just need help.

Happy Halloween!

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
To much work for me to separate seed from mush clean them good enough to roast

The stuff u normaly buy for pumpkin pie is actualy mostly sqash if u plan on making pumpkin pie it will have alot more texture than your use to

If u wana carve them up I recomend a jigsaw lol its easy
edit on 31-10-2020 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun
cooking.nytimes.com...
Substitute away. Use the recipe as is or a guideline. It is Mark Bittman’s. But the key my friend is that delicious pumpkin. Get at it!

edit on 31-10-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Oct 31 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: source added IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Ruh-roh. I broke some t&c rules for this awesome pumpkin dish. This rebel thinks it was worth it considering I pay for the subscription to these recipes

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

IIRC, the cooking pumpkins are much smaller.
Most of what the big carvers are good for is pumpkins seeds.....a bit of work to remove all the string goo, but worth it.

And I absolutely remember my mom boiling them first.
www.allrecipes.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Fresh pumpkin and the seeds apparently have tons of alkaloids that make you silly. The ancient atzecs Ive been told would make a soup with pumpkin and cook a broth in it with poultry and add pine nuts and extra pumpkin seeds and eat it as a seasonal ritual.

Ive been meaning to try making something similar, but will likely just use chicken and broth, maybe add some garlic tumeric and ginger, maybe some cinnamon and simmer with the pumpkin meat and maybe some diced potato, add a spoonful of sour cream and top with some toasted seeds, now I'm hungry lol

Have fun whatever you make!

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Also even the average halloween pumpkin is better than a can of pre cooked pumpkin pie filling any day. You just dice up the pumpkin into big chunks and pressure cook them in a few cups of water for 10 min and your done.

Get a grahmn cracker crust and a pint of softened good vanilla ice cream and mix with a few cups of that pumpkin, allspice and a dash of amaretto, freeze then inhale

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

I've heard stories that some canned pumpkin may not even be canned pumpkin....apparently there's a lot of leeway about that pumpkins/squash food and what constitutes pumpkin.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

PMed U re a different thread.

new topics

top topics

join