It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery UAV spotted near Mojave Airport

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Passing along this interesting photo of a mystery UAV caught a few weeks ago flying over California City near Mojave airport north of Edwards AFB. Does anyone have any idea what this might be? The twin engine configuration really piqued my interest. Could this possibly be the first sighting of the infamous RQ-180?

ibb.co...

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think it is a Human made Gould ship.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

vaporware coming to life

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MAVERICKANDGOOSE

to bad there isnt more information or something for scale,

they wont be able to say it is a B2 this time.

the exhaust is interesting but hard to tell of it is 2 separate trails or lack of resolution on the camera.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

No. My BS meter is pegged. First, they delayed a daylight launch of a much better known RQ-170 because we were watching the base, but they flew the classified RQ-180 in daylight, leaving a contrail and banking where it's a prefect planform?

Second, the color is off. The idea is not to be seen. Light colors like that jump out from miles away. I told my better half one day that one of the best things about the E-6B is that it's white, because it jumps right out at you going overhead.

The person posting it rings more bells. It was originally on Instagram on a username that apparently belongs to a studio, posted by an actor who has several titles about UFOs to his credit.

This might be something being developed with private funds, but even that's doubtful.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No. My BS meter is pegged. First, they delayed a daylight launch of a much better known RQ-170 because we were watching the base, but they flew the classified RQ-180 in daylight, leaving a contrail and banking where it's a prefect planform?

Second, the color is off. The idea is not to be seen. Light colors like that jump out from miles away. I told my better half one day that one of the best things about the E-6B is that it's white, because it jumps right out at you going overhead.

The person posting it rings more bells. It was originally on Instagram on a username that apparently belongs to a studio, posted by an actor who has several titles about UFOs to his credit.

This might be something being developed with private funds, but even that's doubtful.

Im not the photographer nor am I connected to the account that took this photo. I’m a legit desert rat jet chaser, I just don’t post much and mainly keep to myself.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I didn't say you were. I simply pointed out that it was posted on Instagram by an account that added suspicion to it not being a -180.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

not to mention you would have to be in the air to get that pic, and very high up at a strange angle otherwise what ever this is claimed to be would me diving into the ground
edit on 31-10-2020 by penroc3 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

A star for the Stargate reference

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
I think it is a Human made Gould ship.

Looks edited to me and I've been a graphic artist since the conception of Photoshop. This photo is not as it appears to be.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Where are the white plasma leading edges?

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

id love to know what those two posters are on the wall

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
Sure never see this wall concept. For the flying wing, it look a lot like the B-21 planform concept, the Under is bulky what it could be ? weapon bay? for the color hard to tell it look the same of rq-170 but a grey with the sunlight on it could looking grey/white. If not a B-21 demonstrator it could be a high altitude ISR/STRIKE drone. At the distance with contrail , so 30000 ft it look big like a 737 or much..

edit on 1-11-2020 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

interesting sunset on the pointy one, some odd choices made in that images from what we can see. another interesting point is its resemblance to the 'quite boom' NASA demonstrator so it is obviously fast and sneaky not to mention the glowing leading edges from what i assume is from heat or maybe something more interesting

as for the other one I would say a rendering of the 180
edit on 1-11-2020 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

edit on 11/1/2020 by Masisoar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight

is that a drone?

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yes, Lockheed P-175 Polecat. Inhouse demonstrator, crashed in 2006. It's likley tied to the classified USAF efforts post J-UCAS. It may very well have been a contender in the 'RQ-180' competition which Northrop won.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
So i guess dreamlandresort is the inital source

www.dreamlandresort.com...

full size image: ibb.co...

IMHO it's almost certainly the 'RQ-180' or something very close to it

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

The initial post was Sunset Studios on Instagram. I stand by my earlier comments that this is at best an in house build.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join