It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transatmospheric Vehicle ? ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
First I have no clue if this is the right place.

Years ago, I read of a military transatmospheric vehicle at least on the drawing boards, i.e., runway-space-return. Then there was the Southern California double-sonic booms and associated earthquakes that were attributed to an "aurora" project out of Edwards and Groom Lake.

Just this past week, in Tampa, Florida's metropolitan area there was a report of 5 or 6 sonic booms and an associated 2.7 "earthquake" which the USGS attributed to the sonic booms. The "official" press release stated that two Navy F-18's had been operating off the Gulf Coast and had come into MacDill AFB extremely fast for landing. Ironically all under the cover of darkness. The following day a "meteorite" or "fireball" was seen over much of the West Coast in a south-to-north trajectory showing up on the Mt Wilson web cam in Southern California and visible all the way up into the Seattle area.

From past experience in Air Traffic Control, as well as the many posts here when the F-117 project was still classified, the F-117 operated under a psuedo-designation as an A-7.

What's the likelihood that both the Florida event and West Coast event were associated with military TAV operations? The Florida event resulting in deorbit and descent trajectory closer to the Gulf Coast than planned resulting the the sonic-booms and ground-resonating EQ? The West Coast event in a failed deorbit and descent trajectory resulting in the fireball across the western sky. During all the years of Gemini, Apollo and Shuttle missions the common concern was too steep of re-entry trajectory that would result in the vehicle burning up.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Intresting theory! It makes sense to me. The account mentioned a fireball. This would suggest to me that, if this was a reentry vehical, the use of an ablative heat sheild. Ablative heat shields were very common in the early years of the space program. they were design to burn away, leaving the spacecraft in tact. The odd thing is, this type of heat sheald is rare in today's civil and military space program, because they are expensive, and can only be used once. Wonder why they are using ablative heat sheilds?

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here's an article on Infrasonic Sound Waves & Explosion Sounds I received from another board.

64.233.167.104...:XvWXPPSVJkgJ:www.knmi.nl/~evers/itw02/presentations/kulichkov/kulichkov2-pres.doc+%22LA-UR-98-56%22&hl=en

My response/reply in regard to question about the above article

www.syzygyjob.net...

join