It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Will Iron Maggie be remembered?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Baroness Thatcher is now in her 80's, and most likely will not be around for much longer.
But when she passes will she be remembered as a great leader who took on the Argentians thousands of miles away from home and won. Or will she be remembered as the Prime Minister who caused havoc and mass riots with policies such as the Poll tax?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
well, my Dad cant stand here and believes she ruined this country. I was born in 86 so i cant really back up his view on the matter. I feel she will be remembered as a good prime minister, not the best, just good.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
But when she passes will she be remembered as a great leader who took on the Argentians thousands of miles away from home and won. Or will she be remembered as the Prime Minister who caused havoc and mass riots with policies such as the Poll tax?

Well the Falklands was won by the troops not Maggie but she was the leader at the time so shes seen as the defender of British interests.

I think she'll be remembered for causing havoc and order, like Infinite I can't give a strong opinion as it was before my time but I get different opinions on her depending on who I ask.

join