It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Ellison (and Gov. Tim Walz) restrict Trump Rally in MN to 250 people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
If anyone thought that the censorship of people would stop at social media and not spill over into the physical public square you were wrong.

Keith Ellison has restricted Trump rallies in the State of Minnesota to just 250 people - in the week leading into an election - in what appears to be a State that is closer than the liberal media would have us believe.

This, in the same State where tens of thousands were allowed to gather in protest of the George Floyd case - and riot and loot in the process. No 'Covid plan' required.

The venue for President Donald Trump’s political rally in Minnesota scheduled for Friday will be restricted to only 250 people after Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison put pressure on the business owners of multiple locations.

The rally was initially planned at the Rochester airport, but Ellison’s office demanded a “COVID preparedness plan” from officials from the City of Rochester, Olmsted County, and the Rochester airport, as well as the Republican National Committee to ensure the event was safe.

The event was then moved to Dodge Center, prompting Ellison’s office to ask the Trump campaign and the owner of the building McNeilus Steel for their “COVID Preparedness Plan.”

That prompted the Trump campaign to move the event again, back to the airport.

“Thanks to the free speech-stifling dictates of Gov. Tim Walz and Attorney General Keith Ellison, only the first 250 people will be admitted,” the campaign said in a statement sent late Thursday night.

Things are going to get very bad from 2021 with Biden as President and Democrats in power.
We're just seeing the start of the Democrat purge of dissent.

I sure hope the optics of this - because the President is going ahead with the rally anyway with 250 people - backfires on the Democrats.

www.breitbart.com... ly/
edit on 30/10/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
We didnt act like this when Obama got elected....which is why I really detest the far left.

All you hear on the news is how the right somewhere hates someone and its the worst thing in the world.

When has the right ever acted like that?

Thank god the supreme court got packed.

a reply to: UKTruth

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
No respect for the Oval Office these days.

Too bad when a dictator gets in there next.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
We didnt act like this when Obama got elected....which is why I really detest the far left.

All you hear on the news is how the right somewhere hates someone and its the worst thing in the world.

When has the right ever acted like that?

Thank god the supreme court got packed.

Lol, the Supreme Court is going to be packed with radicals very early in 2021.

I can't remember any time a campaign event - especially in the week before an election - was all but shut down by a Republican Governor and AG.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Michigan is MI

Minnesota is MN

edit on 10302020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This "virus" has gotten out.of hand.

And I dont mean people getting sick.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Good catch - changed it.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Trump was saying at one recent gathering that it was not a rally, but a protest.

Now what is the governor going to do apart from look stupid?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Trump was saying at one recent gathering that it was not a rally, but a protest.

He should seriously call it a protest against human trafficing and outline all of the steps he has taken to fight that evil and talk about the kids who have been saved.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

The Governor and the AG have done it regardless.
The rally today will only be 250 people in the venue.

People have been banned from gathering outside - by the Govt pressuring the venues.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I wonder why they don't do this for Biden rallies?

Oh let's be plain ... it's because nowhere near 250 people show up to those.

But let's look at this from another angle. If Biden is up in all the polls honestly by double digits, why is Trump campaigning in a historically blue state and why are the Democrats defending it?
edit on 30-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I wonder why they don't do this for Biden rallies?

Oh let's be plain ... it's because nowhere near 250 people show up to those.

But let's look at this from another angle. If Biden is up in all the polls honestly by double digits, why is Trump campaigning in a historically blue state and why are the Democrats defending it?

Not just defending it - using the State Govt to restrict Trump from fighting for it.
If the 1st Amendment does not apply here - then it applies nowhere and may as well be abolished.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I wasn't looking at it from that angle as "the COVID" excuses all these days.

I am simply talking about how the Democrats are campaigning there too.

Look in the years when Obama was campaigning, the were sending campaign resources into states like Missouri and Kansas because they thought they might be able to flip them blue and they had the money to burn. They were also holding Democrat campaign events here.

This year, we aren't seeing *any* local activity except in down ballot races. Neither campaign has bothered with either state telling me that one party pretty much has lock on things. If you want to know where the race is hot, you watch where they go, and if they are spending time in Minnesota which is traditionally blue ... then you know that the race is trending red in internal polling.

Democrats know they are on defense there and Republicans know they *might* have a shot at a flip.

None of that means that one will/won't win over the other. It just means you can kind of see which way things are trending right now despite what national polls are telling you. They're in the regular battleground states and they're hitting to the blue side = Dems on defense.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I wasn't looking at it from that angle as "the COVID" excuses all these days.

I am simply talking about how the Democrats are campaigning there too.

Look in the years when Obama was campaigning, the were sending campaign resources into states like Missouri and Kansas because they thought they might be able to flip them blue and they had the money to burn. They were also holding Democrat campaign events here.

This year, we aren't seeing *any* local activity except in down ballot races. Neither campaign has bothered with either state telling me that one party pretty much has lock on things. If you want to know where the race is hot, you watch where they go, and if they are spending time in Minnesota which is traditionally blue ... then you know that the race is trending red in internal polling.

Democrats know they are on defense there and Republicans know they *might* have a shot at a flip.

None of that means that one will/won't win over the other. It just means you can kind of see which way things are trending right now despite what national polls are telling you. They're in the regular battleground states and they're hitting to the blue side = Dems on defense.

Yes - makes sense.
But then it would also suggest that Texas is in play for the Dems. They are pushing hard there.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I live in Minnesota and the fear and doom and gloom is very tiring. The “superspreader” narrative has been being used for awhile now. Walz is a dictator and Ellison is as crooked as they come

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Trying hard to counter possible losses in the upper midwest. The problem is that Biden said he'd kill fossil fuels. That kills Texas ... and Pennsylvania. People in those states would have to be living under rocks not to understand that.

I think they're hoping they have enough in the cities + the immigrants on the border. I think Democrats are making a mistake in thinking that Latinos will all vote like a block.

edit on 30-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I sure hope the optics of this - because the President is going ahead with the rally anyway with 250 people - backfires on the Democrats.

Anyone wanna bet they'll be there with cameras ready to show the whole world how Trump has no support since "only" 250 people showed up to his rally?

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Live: Trump holds 'Make America Great Again Victory Rally' in Minnesota

Still 9 hours to go before it starts at this time. See what happens?

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
a reply to: ketsuko

I live in Minnesota and the fear and doom and gloom is very tiring. The “superspreader” narrative has been being used for awhile now. Walz is a dictator and Ellison is as crooked as they come

What's your vibe from living there on who will win?

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: UKTruth

Anyone wanna bet they'll be there with cameras ready to show the whole world how Trump has no support since "only" 250 people showed up to his rally?

Lol, I had;t thought of that, but you are right. I bet they do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join