It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanoid Creatures Discovered by Russian Divers in 1982?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hello ATS. I've got an interesting conspiracy here for you all. Apparently, there's an episode of Ancient Aliens where they claim that top secret documents were declassified by the Russian government and released to the public which show that in 1982 Russian divers encountered beings deep in Lake Baikal. These beings apparently used some sort of power to expel the divers to the surface without allowing the divers to de-compress. Has anyone else heard of this Lake Baikal incident and if so was it proven to be fake or real?

Under the waters of Lake Baikal in 1982, 7 Russian divers are exploring the world deepest freshwater lake on a research mission, but 50 metres underwater, strange humanoid creatures appear and in an attempt to capture one of them, all the divers are pushed up to the top by an unknown force. Who were these creatures and what can we learn from this encounter?

Does anyone else know of this incident? What says ATS?
edit on 29-10-2020 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I seem to vaguely remember it ... fascinating stuff link to this and other Lake Baikal mysteries

prepareforchange.net...

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Pretty cool story, good doom break. Plus, it really was the russians this time LOL

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hogleg
Pretty cool story, good doom break. Plus, it really was the russians this time LOL

lol

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I read something about this years ago but there was some skepticism about it back then. You would think that the Russians would go down and get one of these creatures and try to train it to deliver bombs to enemy ships if they were real....then again, maybe they did go down there and get one to study it. They sure were not going to tell the world they had a secret weapon like that.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

makes me think was this story the inspiration for the classic movie The Abyss
Submarines (including Russians also) - check
USOs - check
entities able to breath underwater - check

edit on 29-10-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I remember this case. The creatures were intelligent and reacted to the hostility of the Russian divers, who were ordered to try and capture one. Big mistake and many of the divers died.
They were following orders, but what they did was wrong and they got what they deserved.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here's the big rub with these "Russian Files" from the cold war era. The day the the Soviet Union collapsed people showed up at the main KGB storage facility and took away all of the paranormal files, even the ones that were hidden. The only files left were the files that were discovered to be HOAXes by the KGB officials that investigated them. So if a person comes out and says that they got their hands on old cold war era KGB UFO files, they are either selling a known HOAX, or is pushing a HOAX without knowing it.

When I was a Field Investigator for MUFON, I had the chance to talk to a verified former KGB General (yes that one), but I didn't start asking questions until he had a few bottles of vodka through him first. It was my understanding that if he was sober, he would tell you whatever you wanted to hear, but if you got him drunk then he was likely to spill the beans on what he really knew. He loved scamming Americans that would set up those meetings, and would even play up the whole spy vs spy thing so that the meetings seemed cooler than they really were. I met with him at a restaurant and got him talking about American vs Russian Vodka. After going through a few bottles, I started asking about the KGB's paranormal investigations.

In the end, he might have had an important rank in the Russian military, but it turns out he was nothing more then a Nick Pope type character that had the power to go out and look into filed reports from time to time. He wasn't even a Station Chief but was just an office manager at the time the Soviet Union fell.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I dunno. The bends is a horrible way to die. I wouldn’t risk it.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: lostbook

makes me think was this story the inspiration for the classic movie The Abyss
Submarines (including Russians also) - check
USOs - check
entities able to breath underwater - check

One of my favorite movies! They also brought the main characters to the surface without decompressing if you remember.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

I thought about scuba diving years ago, I could have got the whole setup for two hundred bucks. But I started to think after talking to people I know who dived. They told me that there are some huge strange looking fish in the Houghton canal, eight feet long and not a sturgeon. I figured I did not want to see those fish even though my friends said they were harmless, because I used to swim a real lot in that area and I would have felt paranoid if I did see something huge like that.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I know exactly what you mean. Being beside something so much bigger than you plus you’re out of your element plus it’s about as intelligent as a zombie. Just super creepy. I wouldn’t pay for that experience. That’s too much like work.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I know exactly what you mean. Being beside something so much bigger than you plus you’re out of your element plus it’s about as intelligent as a zombie. Just super creepy. I wouldn’t pay for that experience. That’s too much like work.

I got bit by a northern pike one time trying to take out the hook, they have sharp teeth. I also had a small snapping turtle bite the tip off of my fishing pole like it was a piece of spaghetti. It was an expensive fiberglass pole, very strong. After that turtle experience I started watching where I was walking when in the water, a turtle looks like a rock on the lake bottom, it could take off a toe like nothing.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The bottom line is Lake Baikal is huge and deep and no doubt largely unexplored, much like our oceans. If there is intelligent life hidden on earth our oceans and deep water lakes are likely candidates for hiding places USO'S are not unheard of.

Here's a cool story I've never heard of from Lake Baikal.. along with more stories and info at the link below

In 1977, a deep-water submersible called Paysis was involved in scientific research operating at a depth of 1,200 meters in the dark, frigid water. At one point, the vehicle’s spotlight turned off and it was in complete darkness until a sudden bright beam shone upon it from an outside source. The blinding light reportedly remained fixed on the submersible for several seconds before flickering out and once more leaving the sub in cold blackness. It has never been satisfactorily explained what the source of the light was.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
1982 russian divers ...beings expelled them to the surface,,,,HMMMM this sounds vaguely familiar to me...I must have heard of it somewhere....but that is all I got...nothing specific

a reply to: putnam6

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

"In 1977, a deep-water submersible called Paysis was involved in scientific research operating at a depth of 1,200 meters in the dark, frigid water. At one point, the vehicle’s spotlight turned off and it was in complete darkness until a sudden bright beam shone upon it from an outside source. The blinding light reportedly remained fixed on the submersible for several seconds before flickering out and once more leaving the sub in cold blackness. It has never been satisfactorily explained what the source of the light was."

Thanks for this.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Thats actually not true this is probably the most studied lake on the planet. They have scientists there all the time not to mention nature photographers. First, this lake is 25 million years old. No other place on the planet has been a freshwater lake that long. And contains 20 percent of the unfrozen fresh water on the planet. One thing that is neat is they have fresh water seals called nerpa. But back to the topic, this would be a terrible hiding place as scientists are constantly sending in submersibles to study animal life.

www.eartharchives.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I thought about scuba diving years ago, I could have got the whole setup for two hundred bucks. But I started to think after talking to people I know who dived. They told me that there are some huge strange looking fish in the Houghton canal, eight feet long and not a sturgeon. I figured I did not want to see those fish even though my friends said they were harmless, because I used to swim a real lot in that area and I would have felt paranoid if I did see something huge like that.

I know what you mean. We used to surf on kayaks at Carolina Beach. They had a kayak with a plastic window in the bottom. I wouldn’t use that one, I had no desire to see what was under me. Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Here's a cool story I've never heard of from Lake Baikal.. along with more stories and info at the link below

In 1977, a deep-water submersible called Paysis was involved in scientific research operating at a depth of 1,200 meters in the dark, frigid water. At one point, the vehicle’s spotlight turned off and it was in complete darkness until a sudden bright beam shone upon it from an outside source. The blinding light reportedly remained fixed on the submersible for several seconds before flickering out and once more leaving the sub in cold blackness. It has never been satisfactorily explained what the source of the light was.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

That just gave me serious shivers..imagine being in that sub in the dark but not quite alone.
Deep dark water has always freaked me right out-feels like there are things observing you from the shadows.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Yep, and if you remember, when they surfaced the one guy looks at his hands, then looks up and says..."We should be dead"

I was big into diving then and I thought that was a nice touch on reality, even though much of the rest of it was pure fantasy.

Interestingly though, did you know the mouse scene was actually real?

new topics

<<   2 >>

join