It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK is telling ministers to cosy up to the Biden camp, as PM is 'writing off Trump'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
We're getting a little jumpy here are we?

Boris Johnson’s government has told ministers to forge ties with the Joe Biden campaign, sensing that Donald Trump is likely to lose the US election, according to The Sunday Times.

“They’re writing off Trump in No 10 (the prime minister’s official residency) now,” a senior Conservative Party aide told the newspaper.

The paper said that Johnson and his team viewed a series of private polls indicating that Biden had a 70% chance of winning on November 3.

With 23 days to go, most public polls suggest that Biden does have a lead over Trump.

As a result, UK’s top officials have in recent weeks moved to win over Biden allies, the Sunday Times said.

Source

I'll note that the UK government is currently controlled by their conservative party. I'll note as well, their Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, is not all that keen on a Biden Administration given their preference to prioritize a trade deal with the European Union:

Biden has indicated that if he wins the presidency, he may prioritise a trade deal with the EU, rather than one between the UK and US.

Biden has criticised the UK’s conduct during negotiations with the EU, saying that if Johnson’s government chooses to break a deal with the EU over Northern Ireland, a US-UK trade deal would not be feasible.

Ah well, it remains to be seen. Regardless of who wins, Britain will have to forge a relationship with that government. Polls currently indicate strongly in favor of Biden, but most of us still have 2016 PTSD.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Biden, if he wins next week, won't want to deal with BawJaws, Brexit has made Britain small and less of a world leader. Even if Biden does win Boris is clutching at straws.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If Trump does win the election, how will this type of behaviour reflect on any trade deal with the U.S?

We all know that Trump wouldn’t take kindly to any cosying up to sleepy Joe and the DNC, he would take it personally, and with hardly anybody within Trump’s inner circle keeping check on him, I don’t think it would bode well for a U.K trade deal. But then again Boris Johnson is a duplicitous character and will probably bluster his way out of it.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Same Brits that didn't see Brexit coming...

Politically, Business Insider leans left through both story selection and wording. Here are some examples of stories that have a leftward tilt:

The odds that a gun will kill the average American may surprise you
Mollie Tibbetts’ death is being used to push debunked ideas about illegal immigration and violent crime
Big oil companies were forced to lay out the science of climate change today in a court hearing that was compared to the Scopes trial on evolution
Ocasio-Cortez burns Mike Huckabee after being mocked: ‘Leave the false statements to Sarah Huckabee. She’s much better at it.’
This last story about Ocasio-Cortez and Mike Huckabee comes directly from the strongly left-leaning Talking Points Memo.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
International media is just as infected as American media is, no big surprise on that hit piece. Tryin to actively damage relations on a poll?

Not a good move by the UK, especially now that Brexit is all but here, y’all are alone, naked and cold. I’ve said this before, with Trump in power, he has indicated that he wants to work with Boris and bring both economies to YUUUUGE levels, BIGLY.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
OP news source article is three weeks old.

This was before the Hunter Biden laptop scandal
was reported and confirmed by the FBI, DOJ, and
the ODNI. But...also who can trust the UK after
the garbage from Christopher Steele?

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Debunked. We all know the polls are bull#. Brits are dry and humorless, much like Bidens campaign. They only think he will win because they relate more closely to him. Biden has a better chance taking Boris Johnsons position than Trumps.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

In 100 years the brits went from ruling one fourth of the world to an island the size of Michigan.

Maybe their judgement isn't the best....

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

But more importantly who expects a thread authored by this OP to be honest and without agenda? What credibility does the author have at all based upon the material they post here?

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
We're getting a little jumpy here are we?

Yes, you have seemed a bit jumpy the past few weeks... glad you're self aware of that.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

If Trump does win the election

Then our friend Boris will simply deny these 'reports' and move on I suppose.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes, you have seemed a bit jumpy the past few weeks...

I know you are but what am I!

Original. Somehow I expected more from you though.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes, you have seemed a bit jumpy the past few weeks...

I know you are but what am I!

Original. Somehow I expected more from you though.

You made a statement, I agreed with it. Where's the beef?

I'm not the one scrambling around like a rabid squirrel on speed making rapid fire threads to fulfill my narrative and praying for justification from peers. I've held firm on a single point... Trump will be reelected next Tuesday. I've seen little need to dig for topic starters that placate my position because I am secure in my position without the need for the constant reaffirmation of it.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

"The British Islands are where tea grows, fat, limeys."
-Joe Biden

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

And there are some Brits that can't also seem to see the obvious consequences as a result.

No-deal Brexit risks violence in Northern Ireland, MPs warn MI5

US Law set to dictate UK food quality standards in return for trade deal

And maybe those same people don't see the election outcome coming either.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Probably at the request of fellow pedophile Prince Andrew.

These threads of yours lately reek of desperation.

I'm surprised your posts aren't in Chinese.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Probably at the request of fellow pedophile Prince Andrew

And not pedophile Trump? I'm sure he'd like to go back to his old ways, much to the delight of Pedopatrol.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

And there are some Brits that can't also seem to see the obvious consequences as a result.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Lol seriously...

Do the British really lap up this fear and doom articles with their afternoon tea? If this generation of Brits were around during the Blitz they would have offered to ferry the Nazi's across the channel on the second day,

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Lol seriously...

Do the British really lap up this fear and doom articles with their afternoon tea? If this generation of Brits were around during the Blitz they would have offered to ferry the Nazi's across the channel on the second day,

Ya I’m an ex-Brit, We left in the 70s when my dad saw the crap coming down the pipe.
The crap that the Brits have had to put up with for the last fifty years is unbelievable.
The EU traitors use fear as their only weapon. What they don’t realize is that there are a lot of blokes over there that understand that the loss of safety for “EU security” is worse than empty threats.

Trump will swing a deal will Britain 🇬🇧

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join